How to save data from PS3 onto USB?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheTryHard
  • 8 comments
  • 6,093 views
Messages
69
Messages
Bikerxxcore
I've read a few threads in the past and i did not really understand or find the answer i was looking for so.. I was wondering what are the steps of saving data like GT5 or like MW2 onto a USB and how many GBs i would need for a USB to be able to hold them.

I am asking this because i've seen to many " lost data " from their PS3 threads and since i haven't been doing it. I should be saving before it happens to me.

Thanks in advance 👍
 
You need a usb or external hd in fat32 format, i use a 500gb hd. Then just go to your gt5 save file and copy to the usb. You can also copy to another account on your ps3.
 
plug in USB
go to save data utlility
go to desired game
press triangle
press copy
select desired usb device output
???
profit
 
I have gone through 4 ps3s in 16 months so I've done this once or twice. I'm from uk and didn't need to set it to fat32. The only problem I have is I lose half the 400 car pictures in my garage and I have to set them to online to get them back aarrgghh.
 
The only problem I have is I lose half the 400 car pictures in my garage and I have to set them to online to get them back aarrgghh.

I was wondering how to fix that my vw nardo has no picture.
 
I was wondering how to fix that my vw nardo has no picture.

The "Triangle Menu" in the garage also has an option to generate a new thumbnail. This is much quicker than setting to online then offline again! ;)
 
BadDoggie
The "Triangle Menu" in the garage also has an option to generate a new thumbnail. This is much quicker than setting to online then offline again! ;)

Especially with the select multiple option (L1)
 
plug in USB
go to save data utlility
go to desired game
press triangle
press copy
select desired usb device output
???
profit

I did these steps but I still cannot copy my GT5 save game to a USB stick. I can copy every other save game that I own but when I click the copy button on the GT5 save file, my USB does not show up in the menu. Why would I be able to copy all of my other save game files except for my GT5 save?
 
Back