How To Score Lots Of Drift Points???

England
England
IVILG_xReeeCon
New at drifting and currently sitting 40th in the world for the 4WD drift trial, but every time I set my car up, it's no where near as easy to score the top points, obvious that if we knew we'd be top but any tips on car setup for more points etc or how to drift in a certain way to get the max points, another question... What is the best angle and how to hold the car there and setup to do this
image.jpg

Your record "32th" :P Should be 32nd, Found that kinda funny :lol:

But yeah, i think Line, Angle, and Speed are all factors GT uses to calculate how many points you get in a run. Its all about testing and tuning, practice makes perfect as they say.

I think there is a "magic angle" that is used to get the most number of points, because if you go too far it just cuts all of your points, even if you still save that drift. As far as the tuning goes, I'm not really sure, but I know GT awards the most points for being on the racing line, if that helps any.

From what I've found drifting randomly for points is that:
  • Driving line on helps a lot because that's what the scoring mainly goes off and some driving lines are really wack.
  • Transitioning way earlier into corners also gets more points.
I'm more of a tandem drifter but take this as a grain of salt. I've tried it a few times and got 20k+ in points on a lap around Tsukuba.

Get more affiliated with tandems doe 👍

From what I've found drifting randomly for points is that:
  • Driving line on helps a lot because that's what the scoring mainly goes off and some driving lines are really wack.
  • Transitioning way earlier into corners also gets more points.
I'm more of a tandem drifter but take this as a grain of salt. I've tried it a few times and got 20k+ in points on a lap around Tsukuba.

Get more affiliated with tandems doe 👍

Yeah I already use driving line :) I can drift for points well but still 4-5k off the top guy, I've found tuning 4WD cars best to just slam and lock the suspension, also NOS works a treat to get wheels spinning. Was just curious about any magic setups for points etc, thanks for the advice guys :)

Your record "32th" :P Should be 32nd, Found that kinda funny :lol:

But yeah, i think Line, Angle, and Speed are all factors GT uses to calculate how many points you get in a run. Its all about testing and tuning, practice makes perfect as they say.

Hahaha :D wooooooow didn't even notice that xD nice going PD nice going...

The scoring works on 3 main criteria:

Line - Turn on the driving line to show where it wants you to go, the closer you are to this line the more points you get

Speed/Wheel Speed -
The faster you go and the more speed you hold on to the more points you get. You will also get more points if you are keeping the tires spinning in a higher gear because the wheels will be rotating faster.

Angle -
The closer to 90 degrees to the corner you are, the more points you get. If you go past 90 degrees then it wipes your score because it thinks you have spun out.

The scoring works on 3 main criteria:
(...)
Angle - The closer to 90 degrees to the corner you are, the more points you get. If you go past 90 degrees then it wipes your score because it thinks you have spun out.

This. Drift for points and say goodbye to proper back entries. No Sir.
Points are pointless.
There.

;)

This. Drift for points and say goodbye to proper back entries. No Sir.
Points are pointless.
There.

;)
Yeah I know, not my cup of tea either but some folks aren't in to drifting and just want to pass the seasonals as quickly and easily as possible. Its difficult to make a drift scoring system in a game that isn't focussed on the sport, judging style always needs a human judge, computers can't understand style

I only drift seasonals for credits, plain and simple :lol:
Same, but even so, after doing the initial 20M glitch with that Mercedes VGT, i haven't done any more of those.
(But currently runing out of cash)

On a related note, was about to get kicked (left before) of a Tsukuba lobby yesterday (where I went for the usual friendly tsuiso with my bro UpNOut), because the host said (real quote); "You're pissing me off. You need to make more points", out of nowhere.
It's a plague. Plain and simple. Points are a GT plague. We get nothing really interesting lately on GT, keep repeating the same tracks ad nauseum, and to put the icing on the cake, now there's a growing trend of points lobbies and points...competitions (?).
It just gets better and better. *sarcasm detector needed*

Same, but even so, after doing the initial 20M glitch with that Mercedes VGT, i haven't done any more of those.
(But currently runing out of cash)

On a related note, was about to get kicked (left before) of a Tsukuba lobby yesterday (where I went for the usual friendly tsuiso with my bro UpNOut), because the host said (real quote); "You're pissing me off. You need to make more points", out of nowhere.
It's a plague. Plain and simple. Points are a GT plague. We get nothing really interesting lately on GT, keep repeating the same tracks ad nauseum, and to put the icing on the cake, now there's a growing trend of points lobbies and points...competitions (?).
It just gets better and better. *sarcasm detector needed*

With that sort of stuff it's becoming like the Forza drift scene.

People who only drift to get more points than everyone else and then crack it if someone stuffs them up.

If you really do want to know how to score lots of points, there is a thread on it with a very detailed explanation on maximizing points.

the best thing to do would be just practice online then hit the normal tracks. its much easier that way. if I have said anything wrong please recorrect me thanx.

the best thing to do would be just practice online then hit the normal tracks. its much easier that way. if I have said anything wrong please recorrect me thanx.

Bruh the thread question was answered ages ago, such bump wow.

Practice is good if you have the driving line on and that's that.

ur talking like as if ur the best gt drifter/racer out there
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.
All he is stating is you didn't need to bump a old thread that already had the answer on it and that drifting for points is easy since it's just pretty much sticking to the racing line of the track.

ur talking like as if ur the best gt drifter/racer out there

Something from the TOS when you signed up for GTPlanet.

You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

Something from the TOS when you signed up for GTPlanet.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure he also claimed to be in, what he said, was team SHMO even though they're not really a team. Doesn't seem to know what he's on about half the time... I've also attached a screenshot if you require proof.

Screenshot_2014-10-20-21-05-06.png

Last edited:
Back