how to tune gears

United States
United States
I would like to know how to tune gears,but i have no idea on how to make a car's gears give me more speed. can anyone assist me in this area ? Any help is appreciated.

You do what's known as a transmission flip. Basically, you're stretching out the tightest gear spacing available. You use the final gear ratio to do the stretching.

In general, the steps are as follows:

1. Reset trans to default.
  2. Pick a final gear "flip" point.
  3. Set your max speed slider all the way left. (This is the tightest gear spacing)
  4. Bring your final gear ratio all the way left. (This is the stretching of the gearbox)
  5. Adjust the individual gear spacing. (Usually 1st all the way left , 5th&6th all the way right and 2-4 spaced evenly)
Finding the right flip point is a matter of guess and check. You want to pick a final gear ratio so that when you stretch out your gears with 6th all the way right, you end up with only as much gear as you need.

You do what's known as a transmission flip. Basically, you're stretching out the tightest gear spacing available. You use the final gear ratio to do the stretching.

In general, the steps are as follows:

1. Reset trans to default.
  2. Pick a final gear "flip" point.
  3. Set your max speed slider all the way left. (This is the tightest gear spacing)
  4. Bring your final gear ratio all the way left. (This is the stretching of the gearbox)
  5. Adjust the individual gear spacing. (Usually 1st all the way left , 5th&6th all the way right and 2-4 spaced evenly)
Finding the right flip point is a matter of guess and check. You want to pick a final gear ratio so that when you stretch out your gears with 6th all the way right, you end up with only as much gear as you need.

Congrats on winning the gt3 time trial!

I would like to know how to tune gears,but i have no idea on how to make a car's gears give me more speed. can anyone assist me in this area ? Any help is appreciated.

Take a look at the power curve of your car. Peak power is where you'll have the greatest possible acceleration at any given speed. The goal of transmission tuning is to try to stay as close to peak power as possible for as long as possible, and to avoid falling too far off peak power.

An engine with a sharp power peak will benefit greatly from close ratio gears. The problem is that you'll either run out of gears quickly (which gives you a low top speed), or that you need to set the first gear so tall that it limits performance at low speeds.

An engine with a flat power curve does not benefit from close ratio gears. Instead it might be wise to spread them out a little, to get a higher top speed, and / or better performance at low speeds.

Back