How will you play Gran Turismo 7?

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 204 comments
I like to race standard cars to get a good feel for their performance. I will start offline in the career mode and do the licences, the GT Cafe menu challenges and start saving credits straight away for the collector cars I like. I usually collect all cars in a GT volume, so I will keep a keen eye on which cars are available always, and which will rotate through the second hand shop. I will try to have a stash of credits to buy a desirable car that comes along. And get 20 million credits asap to start buying the rare collectors cars.

My plan is to find a way to earn as much money as quickly as possible, then just experiment with all the customisation. That engine-swapped Beetle has me hyped - the old Mini for example was already a tonne of fun tuned up in GT Sport, looking forward to see what can be done to it in GT7!

Porsche engine in a Sambabus, anyone?

Last edited:
1) Download the Pre-Order
2) Plug in my DFGT ( pray it still works with the Brook Convetor Software and no need to update )
3) Scream like a child when the intro starts
4) Check the used car delearship for a S**tvic EK ( it's a tradition for me to buy that as my first car , where available )
5) If no S**tvic is avialable drive a Arcade race
6) see 4
7) see 5
8) Eventually buy a S**tvic EK from the used car delearship
9) Continue arcade mode on all available tracks in street cars only to check out the stock handling
10) Finally GT Mode , attempt the licence tests , cry a lot when I don't get gold
11) More Licence tests
12) Licence tests done , suppose I best start career mode .

I think I'm definitely going to have fun with the livery editor, if only because we'll have a lot more OEM colors to choose this time around. Plus, I think I briefly saw something about allowing us to pick a carbon fiber pattern, too - and maybe even multiple CF patterns!

Porsche engine in a Sambabus, anyone?
This one belongs to Nelson Piquet: 420-hp (but it's an Audi engine).

Foto-Legenda-01-Coluna-3617-Kombi-do-Piquet.jpg

My first trip will be to any of the three car dealers to spend my 1mil AE bonus cash, load in some of my more important GTS livery creations and give them a GT7-treatment. After that, Licenses, Circuit Experience, Missions and GT mode :)

Go to options, setup wheel/controller/other options, hopefully Drivehub works!!

As as soon possible go to Custom Race, see whats possible with custom AI selection, multiclass and any other new options

Setup race, find and setup custom time/weather options, see whats new

Then mess with the new career mode

Was going to buy a Demio for nostalgia's sake and do it that way,but since I've learned you win one early Idk what car to start with as my beloved Evo VI is in the ucd this time around.

I will first:

1. Check the dealership to see all the cars available

2. Check the used car dealership to see all cars for that day/week

3. Check Brighton antiques to see all the rare cars for that day/week

4. Test out the free cars given for the Digital Anniversary edition

5: See how much the CLK-LM, F1 GTR Longtail, Ferrari F50, Carrera GT and 911-GT1 Costs, they are all probably out of my budget even with the $1.5 million bonus but atleast it will give me a goal to work towards.

6: Do license test up to the S class or until they become too difficult.

7: Purchase the following cars using my bonus money: Toyota Supra MKIV, Mazda RX-7 FD3S, Nissan Skyline R32 and R33, Nissan 300ZX Z32, Porsche 993 and Lamborghini Diablo GT, see if they all have widebody options and try to get the Diablo GT as close to the GTR version as possible to make it competitive against GR.3/GR.2, hopefully the PP and GR ratings are interchangeable as i'm sure the supercars can be upgraded enough to compete with atleast GR.3

8: Do races and play the game as regular.

I do not plan on doing any online races but I may check out the open lobbies as I had a blast playing cruise lobbies back on PS3 with GT5 and GT6.

Last edited:
1.) open the game and enjoy the cinematic start movie
2.) take a look in all menus and try to understand how everything works
3.) make all License Tests / Tracks Experiences and open all received price cars together
4.) Make a livery on one new received car and drive and drive and drive

Anyone who thinks that they’re going to be able to immediately do what they want at the start of the game is going to be quite disappointed. It’s already been confirmed that you have to go through a forced tutorial first that gradually opens the game up. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm going to buy a Honda Fit and see how I far I can take it.
Widebody Fit.. hmm. Sounds cool, actually!

I hope the Z432 will be available from day 1. I’m recreating a friends 240Z complete with his livery and tuning parts. I doubt his wheels are in the game, though..

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks that they’re going to be able to immediately do what they want at the start of the game is going to be quite disappointed. It’s already been confirmed that you have to go through a forced tutorial first that gradually opens the game up. :lol:
God forbid that a game developer has the nerve to implement a progression system that's linked to completion instead of instant-dopamine-hits of handing out every car like Oprah Winfrey within the first few days a la Forza Horizon!

Last edited:
I feel like it’s very hard to plan out what exactly I’ll do at this point, such as in which order I’ll do certain things, so instead of trying to plan things out, I’m actually thinking of journaling my way through GT7.

Last edited:
Widebody Fit.. hmm. Sounds cool, actually!

I hope the Z432 will be available from day 1. I’m recreating a friends 240Z complete with his livery and tuning parts. I doubt his wheels are in the game, though..
Are not all cars built before 2001 in the ucd or legends ucd(brighton motors or something)?

Last edited:
First i will have a very nice good and warm feeling just of nostalgic..😊

I wont look at any reviews and also try to avoid this forum from 2-3-2022, so i start with only the information we'll be provided by official PD footage.

I have the 25th edition, just because i want the three cars and i dont know if you can aquire them in game...
But that being said i wont use the cars or the money, only the 20.000 credits and start like i used to in the past.
I'm not sure what cars i'll be able to buy from the start, but i pick one that has a lot of potential by tuning if it is possible...
When you first need to buy one of the three cars from japanse compact cars, i'll go and race that one and earn cash for a used car to tune.

I'm gonna do some driver license and circuit experience events, but i wont grind for gold at maximum first just walktrough and if i'm nearly at gold than i'll do another try of a couple but dont grind for hours. The grind i will use for some diversity in the coming months.

And than compleet the "campaign" mode but i dont know if i will do all the endurance races if there is no option to get in the pit and take a brake for a couple of hours or days...

And above all that i want to collect and customize a lot of cars and have a lot of fun!

Most important GT7 moment? Seeing the intro for the first time. The trailer that teased the remade GT1,3&4 intro was amazing. I hope we get hit by nostalgia even more in the intro.

Luckily for me I have the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th off work at the very least, (mainly because my shop is shutting, but every cloud and all that).

My kids will be at nursery, wife at work on launch day so I'll have a good long session of exploration and enjoyment. I'll be playing on PS5, using the dual sense. I have a 55" Phillips Ambilight 4k HDR10+ TV, with a Sony X8500 Dolby Atmos soundbar. So I'm all set from an experience perspective. Will stock up on some coffee and an easy lunch.

I honestly cannot wait to get going.

Have the day off on the 4th, and will be trying it out across PS4, PS4 Pro, and PS5. Mainly on my rig, but also will give the dual sense a go as well.

I will log in - spend 1480000 of my credits on a GR 4, 3 and 2 Car for online purposes.

Then buy my starter car and do my licenses.

I will flit between online and offline as i feel like it and enjoy the freedom to grind online and play hopefully a long GT7 story as i fancy.

Once it's all loaded and ready to go, I'll first take in the opening video and watch in awe.

Then go through the introduction bit, whatever it may be.

Then go through each of the menus to see what's on offer.

Then go to brand central and look at all the cars on offer and make a wishlist of everything I want. Same in the Used Car Dealer and Brighton Antiques.

Then make a start on licences and circuit experience to gain some extra credits and prize cars using the dual sense to get a feel of the haptic feedback.

Then switch to my G29 and go to GT Cafe and work my way through that.

I'm not buying a single car until I've earned all the prizes from wherever, then I'll go on a spending spree.

I will log in - spend 1480000 of my credits on a GR 4, 3 and 2 Car for online purposes.

Then buy my starter car and do my licenses.

I will flit between online and offline as i feel like it and enjoy the freedom to grind online and play hopefully a long GT7 story as i fancy.
That's a good idea actually with the bonus pre-order credits.

Back