How would you address the Invitations problem?

How would you fix invitations?

• Scrap them altogether, no replacement

• Replace with Collector Level

• Replace with challenges

• Replace with an all-new brand affinity system

• Leave them as they are

Results are only viewable after voting.
United Kingdom
London
DEAD_DULLAH123
hyperspeed980
Obviously it's a pretty universal opinion that GT7's invitations system has been deeply flawed since day 1. But there are quite a handful of ways that we (and hopefully PD one day) can address the situation. In the poll, I've listed a number of ways it could be fixed, but make sure you read the post before voting, for full context of each option. The options are as follows:

1. Scrap them altogether. The safest route to take, albeit a bit boring really. If PD were to address the situation, this is probably what they'd do.

2. Lock the invite-only cars behind a certain Collector Level (different for each car). Akin to GT5's level system, where certain cars needed certain levels to buy. This fits with the collector aspect of some of the invite-only cars, and gives more purpose to the frankly useless Collector Levels.

3. Lock the invite-only cars behind different challenges that must be completed. A more interesting alternative, almost reminiscent of how modern CoD games handle their DLC weapons. (Though hopefully not as egregious. :P) Some examples would be driving 100 miles in Ferraris to unlock the Enzo, earning 1 million credits in Porsches to unlock the Carrera GT, or completing the Zonda R Circuit Experience at High Speed Ring to unlock the Huayra.

4. Lock the invite-only cars behind an all-new brand affinity system, much like the old Forza Motorsport games, or Driveclub. Essentially, things like owning cars from a certain brand, investing money into tuning them, and winning races with them would all increase your level, and in return, you could get bonuses while driving their cars, discounts on purchasing and upgrading their cars, the ability to purchase previously invite-only cars, and at very high levels, access to special parts and engine swaps for those cars. This is personally my favourite option, as it not only addresses certain other issues, such as the utter drought of S parts and swaps post-bonanza, but it also adds a whole new dimension to GT7 that we never saw before.

5. Leave the invitations as they are. For those who have no problem with them, and see them as "rewarding" and "fulfilling".

Now that you've read through all the options, go ahead and vote!

Just give us a way to earn more raffle tickets with better prizes than what the daily workout has to offer. I’m pretty new to this game so if there are other ways besides the few missions and menu books to earn raffle tickets.

Manufacturers experience the more you drive cars from the said Manufacturer the more experience you gain and when you reach enough experience points you get a invite to buy there cars, Plus you can also add a expiration date to when the cars are available to buy and when that date is over the Manufacturers experience resets so you have to gain the experience again to unlock the cars.

Aston Martin - 250K EXP
Bugatti - 380K EXP
Ferrari - 650K EXP
Lamborghini - 525K EXP
Pagani - 410K - EXP
Porsche - 550K - EXP

It gives the player something to shot for while guaranteeing that at some point they'll be able to buy those cars and not feel like they'll NEVER be able to buy the cars with the current invite system.

Like me I feel like I'll never get to own the fxx-k. :(

6. Have another ticket glitch that enables everyone to collect all the invites, gain more special parts and the newer engines for swapping, then throw in a heap of extra cars to sell and many other cash tickets and it's a winner all round :sly:

Last edited:
Add roulette tickets as a race reward, similar to how there was prize cars in previous games. Would make it easier to earn engine swaps, invitations and unique tuning parts, and make the roulette more meaningful as a game mechanic.

6. Replace the invitation with the actual car (or one of the cars) you could win. This would make it like rare engines and parts, you have to win but you don't have to pay. Winning the opportunity to spend millions doesn't really feel like I've won much.

6. Have another ticket glitch that enables everyone to collect all the invites, gain more special parts and the newer engines for swapping, then throw in a heap of extra cars to sell and many other cash tickets and it's a winner all round :sly:
Ahh, the bonanza spec 2.0. I still can't believe it happened in the first place. :lol:

I think I like the idea of #3 the best. But there should be an invite for all manufacturers. It would at least get people to use more cars in the game. If you are forced to use a manufacturer's cars in order to win the invitation to purchase, say, the VGT model of that manufacturer, that makes sense. 454 cars in the game and most people only use 20, if that. If you are a Sport only player, you likely only use 3 or 4 cars in the game.

Scrap them. I have an engine roulette ticket(should be scrapped too) locked behind a car invite I have zero interest in. Obviously willing to pay just for the engine but stuck because I don't care about owning every single car in the game.

The invitation system is a cool idea. But definitly not in the current form. The most logical choice would be to unlock the cars when a certain collector level is reached.

Considering the car collection system is designed around encouraging the player to drive as many different cars as possible, I think challenges is a good way to do things. Win X races in Porsche cars, beat X lap time around Monza in X Ferrari or reach X target speed in the Bugatti Veyron to win an invitation
I know Project CARS 2 had a similar system with Manufacturer Drives: The more races you did with a certain manufacturer the greater your Affinity, and reaching Affinity milestones would unlock special events for that manufacturer that unlocked exclusive cars if you won

Considering the car collection system is designed around encouraging the player to drive as many different cars as possible, I think challenges is a good way to do things. Win X races in Porsche cars, beat X lap time around Monza in X Ferrari or reach X target speed in the Bugatti Veyron to win an invitation
I know Project CARS 2 had a similar system with Manufacturer Drives: The more races you did with a certain manufacturer the greater your Affinity, and reaching Affinity milestones would unlock special events for that manufacturer that unlocked exclusive cars if you won
That's not right all cars are unlock from the start what reaching Affinity milestones with manufactures did was unlock special features with there cars, like the p1 cars with McLaren the odometer for those cars would save your total km you driven them.

Kill it with fire.

Regarding the collector levels, there are some menu books/extra menus that aren't unlocked until well past level 30, with multiple extra menus requiring at least level 40 and one requiring level 45.

I'm torn between scraping them altogether or replacing with a brand affinity system.

If done right I think the concept of own x number of cars from a brand to unlock high tier models is an interesting concept, provided once you unlock them the first time you can always buy them whenever afterwards.

Last edited:
I voted for affinity system, kinda like what FM4 had. Also to get into the rarer Ferraris since this is a racing game, the requirement should be multiple Ferrari ownership AND wins with the cars to unlock ultra rare ones.

One thing I noticed with GT tho, the exotics are always limited. I'm sticking to Forza for more options.

Manufacturers experience the more you drive cars from the said Manufacturer the more experience you gain and when you reach enough experience points you get a invite to buy there cars, Plus you can also add a expiration date to when the cars are available to buy and when that date is over the Manufacturers experience resets so you have to gain the experience again to unlock the cars.

Aston Martin - 250K EXP
Bugatti - 380K EXP
Ferrari - 650K EXP
Lamborghini - 525K EXP
Pagani - 410K - EXP
Porsche - 550K - EXP

It gives the player something to shot for while guaranteeing that at some point they'll be able to buy those cars and not feel like they'll NEVER be able to buy the cars with the current invite system.

Like me I feel like I'll never get to own the fxx-k. :(
Hi. Where exactly do you find out what experience points you have and especially in relation to a manufacturer? I'm trying to get the Bugatti Veyron as its what I need to complete the Extra Menus.

I own the Veyron Gr.4
Bugatti VGT
Bugatti VGT Gr.1
And the Bugatti Chiron.

I have 166,250 collectors points. As for as I remember the Bugatti Veyron invitation has never come up.

Hi. Where exactly do you find out what experience points you have and especially in relation to a manufacturer? I'm trying to get the Bugatti Veyron as its what I need to complete the Extra Menus.

I own the Veyron Gr.4
Bugatti VGT
Bugatti VGT Gr.1
And the Bugatti Chiron.

I have 166,250 collectors points. As for as I remember the Bugatti Veyron invitation has never come up.
I think you need to take a look at the thread topic.

I own the Veyron Gr.4
Bugatti VGT
Bugatti VGT Gr.1
And the Bugatti Chiron.

It doesn't work like that the invite has to show up on a 4* or 5* ticket stuff and you have to have luck it lands on that invite.

Given that we hadn't had any new cars via updates that are invite only, despite some of them definitely fitting the bill, like the Valkyrie and Chiron, makes me think that invites weren't part of Kaz or PD's vision for the game, and that they were forced to implement a FOMO system into the game by someone at Sony. As such, I don't forsee any changes being made to the system like with engine swaps and Ultimate parts.

But, if I were to indulge in a bit of fantasy, I think it would be neat if all the invite cars for one manufacturer would be available to purchase, and all cars from said manufacturer to be available to loan akin to the Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars, if a player signs for that manufacturer in Sport Mode, mirroring F1 drivers in the real world doing press appearances in their manufacturers' road cars.

Seeing as Kaz seems so fixated on realism in Gran Turismo, it would also make sense if buying a certain car also bought the player an invite, akin to how Aston Martin customers would be offered a chance to buy a Cygnet, or how repeat customers of Ferrari get a chance to buy a halo car.

Expanding on that last point, it would be neat too if buying every non invite car for a manufacturer permanently removes the need for an invite for said manufacturer. This game is all about encouraging the collection of cars, isn't it? If the manufacturer one make events from GT2 like the RX-7 Meeting or Viper Festival of Speed were to return in 4 chili form, then winning a one day invite would make sense for say, winning three such races in a row.

Back