How would you address the Invitations problem?

How would you fix invitations?

• Scrap them altogether, no replacement

• Replace with Collector Level

• Replace with challenges

• Replace with an all-new brand affinity system

• Leave them as they are

Results are only viewable after voting.
Add a toggle switch to unlock all after career mode is completed. If you like the way it is, do nothing. Want them all now? Flip the switch. Do the same thing for LCD and UCD.

I'm still getting these invitations thrown at me regulairly altho i have collected all of them way back.
they annoy me to the fullest :banghead:

I would say make a more difficult challenge to earn them and throw the collector level overboard.

Option 3 should have been the way to go. And at this point, option 1 is the logical solution.

My take would be keeping the current system BUT after you are done buying the car(s) the invitation unlock(s), the cars become available full time, and the invitation now becomes a 30 day discount offer for cars and/or parts.

Seconded for roulette tickets in addition to prize money in some races. I'm very likely win 1.5 million from the race plus an 1800 credit part, or I might get lucky and win a Veyron and 1.5 million credits to spend on tuning it.
EDIT: I never got a Bugatti invite. I won my Veyron on the roulette itself.

Last edited:
Seconded for roulette tickets in addition to prize money in some races. I'm very likely win 1.5 million from the race plus an 1800 credit part, or I might get lucky and win a Veyron and 1.5 million credits to spend on tuning it.
EDIT: I never got a Bugatti invite. I won my Veyron on the roulette itself.
I have all 29 colors.:sly::lol::embarrassed:
Gran Turismo® 7_20230905163220.png

I'm still getting these invitations thrown at me regulairly altho i have collected all of them way back.
they annoy me to the fullest :banghead:

I would say make a more difficult challenge to earn them and throw the collector level overboard.

I think it's linked to the UCD rotation. Last time the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe came around I got a Ferarri invite. One can drop a cubic ton of credits on those three cars, and... if you have them already, might as well go ahead and get all the colors, it's so easy!
I bought the Daytona, the Alpha Astronaut-Price (4C, I think) and was closing in on the McLaren Road car when I decided to clean out every possible color of the F-XX-K. I missed the McLaren.
Now the Daytona has come and gone again. I had 30 million credits til the Lambo invite surfaced. Good, I can afford a couple more of those and the three 20 million cars left by Sep 29 if I keep at it. Oh I already have it in silver but that Porsche looks fantastic in red, only 9 million... oh, sold! The 4C hasn't shown up yet, but when it does the McLaren road car and the other two will all show up at once. I'll be ready.

Lucky you. I got mine in vomit stain tan over poop brown. It's the Bugatti version of the old yellow car we used to be embarrassed to climb into with our parents after school.

Last edited:
Personally, it should either be like it was in previous games (non-existent), or competing in one-make / one-brand races to permanently unlock the ability to purchase the locked cars. However there should only ever be a maximum of one car for each brand used that is locked, and maybe just for cars that were sold in very very limited quantities in real life?

Just a personal idea to make some new goals, diversify the cars the player drives and also add more single player content. But I'd understand if people didn't want that!

Considering the car collection system is designed around encouraging the player to drive as many different cars as possible, I think challenges is a good way to do things. Win X races in Porsche cars, beat X lap time around Monza in X Ferrari or reach X target speed in the Bugatti Veyron to win an invitation
I know Project CARS 2 had a similar system with Manufacturer Drives: The more races you did with a certain manufacturer the greater your Affinity, and reaching Affinity milestones would unlock special events for that manufacturer that unlocked exclusive cars if you won
This is actually the reason why I'm torn between @hyperspeeds980 options 2. 3. & 4. I like the idea of an rpg recipe of sorts to gain the invitation to purchase a special car, so a mixture of different requirements to permanently unlock an invitational car, like you stated.
Those would be good incentives to engage in content I suppose, and never too many requirements, a maximum of 3 sounds reasonable.

Something like that ingrained into the game at the start, could encourage a healthy number of events at launch also.

I hate the car collection level system for locking away content that should have otherwise been available from the start, or even the fact menu books were tied into unlocking other content outside of just buying cars. I'd want PD to do away with that all together.

Last edited:
As of April 2024, been playing over one year, since 2022, to get one last invitation, for one last car for the cafe collector thing, this car is the Bugatti Veyron 16.4. I have completed 100 percent of all races. Completed every other task. Have about 50 million credits, play every single day, and get one roulette ticket per day. Have not seen any car invitation at all for months, and have never gotten the bugatti I need . This is on PS5.
So I want to add that I also play this game on the PS4. On the PS4, under a different username, I have gotten every invitation and every car, and I get more invitations on the PS4.
Gran Turismo 7 is the only game I play. I am, retired, play daily for at least an hour a day, probably much more.
For me the Invitation system is a useless waste, and rather frustrating. I would have preferred that my effort and my playing time had been in some way connected to what I earn, like many have suggested, play certain tracks and certain manufacturers, earn a privilege of getting the cars denied us.
As for me, I might give up completely, I might never purchase another Gran Turismo game, I am no longer earning anything, just wasting my time.
Not fair at all that my commitment and hours spent have nothing to do with a broken and not working roulette wheel.
Not getting any invitations at all in months? Ridiculous.

Back