How would you like Enthusia Professional Racing 2?

• Thread starter Sal_89
  • 5 comments
Italy
Varallo Pombia, Italy
Salva-the_gamer
For me EPR2 must be so:

- The original contents from EPR
- An online mode, not present in the original Enthusia Professional Racing
- Even more realistic physic and the possibility to overturn the car
- Damage, tire wear and fuel usage
- At least 500 cars, including the 211 cars from the first game
- Tuning (mechanical and visual)
- Cockpit view
- Manual Transmisson with Clutch as a third option for the transmisson
- Pit Stop
- More licensed tracks
- Money system for buy cars and parts

For now this is the my wish list for a (im)possible Enthusia Professional Racing 2. You agree with me? What are the your additions (or removals) from this list?

If EPR2 ever happened (not in our life time), Konami probably would somehow turn that into a Pachinko game.

I'd just settle for a HD remaster of EPR at this point.

MXH
If EPR2 ever happened (not in our life time), Konami probably would somehow turn that into a Pachinko game.

I'd just settle for a HD remaster of EPR at this point.

If I remember right, Konami have already "made" an EPR2... As an arcade game called "Road Fighter". Virtually is the same game, but with some 2005+ cars added, like the Audi R8 and the Nissan GT-R R35, improved graphics, damage and the same tracks present in EPR plus some new tracks

@MXH -- Isn't that basically what people now understand to expect from Konami, though, like you were saying? Konami management didn't like how EPR fared, so they unceremoniously gutted the team and assigned some of them to work on an unrelated arcade game (and who knows what else?).

I believe the only reason why EPR tracks appeared in Road Fighters is because the former EPR team members were still passionate about what they had created. I never saw any sign of official recognition of the origin of the tracks. Too bad the game's handling doesn't even look very fun to me, as wildly unrealistic as it is.

In light of Konami's practices, I don't even want to buy any other game of theirs again. With that said I guess it's fortunate that there won't ever be an Enthusia sequel or re-release (due to licensing). It's a sad ending, but the original game still holds up to this day and I'm glad people are still discovering it. :cheers:

@MXH -- Isn't that basically what people now understand to expect from Konami, though, like you were saying? Konami management didn't like how EPR fared, so they unceremoniously gutted the team and assigned some of them to work on an unrelated arcade game (and who knows what else?).

I believe the only reason why EPR tracks appeared in Road Fighters is because the former EPR team members were still passionate about what they had created. I never saw any sign of official recognition of the origin of the tracks. Too bad the game's handling doesn't even look very fun to me, as wildly unrealistic as it is.

In light of Konami's practices, I don't even want to buy any other game of theirs again. With that said I guess it's fortunate that there won't ever be an Enthusia sequel or re-release (due to licensing). It's a sad ending, but the original game still holds up to this day and I'm glad people are still discovering it. :cheers:

Holy words, Wolfe. I agree with you :cheers:

Back