How would you reincarnate events from prior GT games?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 5 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
Here were my ideas:

-GT All-Stars would be a Gr.1 event that permits all cars within the group.

-The Nissan GT-R Cup would be limited to all road-going variants of the GT-R, and would not permit any pace cars. However, it would permit tuned versions of the GT-R.

-The Dream Car Championship would be a Gr.3 event, limited to made-for-game Gr.3 racers, including VGTs, the GTbyCitroen Gr.3 race car, as well as other Gr.3 cars associated with GT, like the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept and the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car.

-Like the Wind would also be a Gr.1 event, but focused on ovals, such as Special Stage Route X, Blue Moon Bay Speedway, Daytona Speedway, and Indianapolis Speedway.

-The Premium Sports Lounge would instead be replaced with the return of the Supercar Festival. It also would include events at Goodwood Circuit, Ascari Race Resort, and other "bougie" locales, perhaps including Monaco if it returns. But if one really wanted the PSL over the Supercar Festival, I'd both increase the minimum credit cost for eligible vehicles, and limit the models to certain machines associated with wealth, like Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Aston Martins, so that you're not just blasting past everyone in a KTM X-Bow that has a price exactly at the minimum cost.

-Similar to GT3 and GT Sport, there could be multiple iterations of an event where one version may be harder. For my idea, I'd change the eligible vehicles as well. So for the initial iteration of the Mazda Roadsters Cup, I'd permit only stock versions of the Mazda Miata/Roadster/MX-5, but in the Mazda Roadsters Cup +, I'd allow tuning up to a power figure notably (but not terribly far) above the normal HP of an average Miata. Then, I'd also have a Mazda Roadsters Cup ++, where you are limited to a stock version of the Mazda Roadster Touring Car in a one-make event.

-If there was a Super GT300 event again, I would also permit FIA GT3 cars, as they do race alongside each other in real life.

-Finally, I think I had a really good idea for prize cars. I like the idea of there being multiple prize cars for an event, where each potential prize car ties into the theme of the event. There could be two, three, or four randomly-selected prize cars all relevant to the event, while some events would just have one prize car. But overall, every prize car would tie into each event's motif, somehow.

-EDIT: I also would have BoP on for events that involve a racing group while only permitting stock versions of the eligible race cars, if only so things are fair. I'd have such events late enough in the game that most players should be able to still win with reasonable skill while also being challenged, and not simply able to upgrade their race car and blow everyone by.

Last edited:
Here were my ideas:
-The Nissan GT-R Cup would be limited to all road-going variants of the GT-R, and would not permit any pace cars. However, it would permit tuned versions of the GT-R.

Actually, I'd like for manufacturer events to do it in any variants of the car, like road car only (depending on which generation, like only 90s or all), then race car only (depending on which generation, like only 90s or all), and mixed for ultimate test (both road car and race car at any performance like fully tuned ones are allowed).

For Mission Events, I'd want a variation of 1-Lap Magic, this time you drive the slowest variant of that car's history, you need to win before the faster, newer cars catch up.

My favorite event of all Gran Turismo a is the Tuner Cup in GT4. That was only six cars and highly challenging at the time. Imagine 20 tuned cars. You tune whatever car you have and go at it.

There were the Nismo 350 Zs, Skyline 400R, Skyline S-Tune, Amuse S2000 Street Version, Amuse S2000, MUGEN S2000, Spoon Sports S2000 road car, Normal Honda S2000, Amuse R1 Titan, Opera S2000 & 350Z, Nismo 270R. So many cars to choose.

A few underdogs I tuned, were the S2000 and FPV Falcon GT & F6. These cars didn't have downforce, so it was a challenge to try and beat the ultra quick Opera S2000.

Anyway, a 10 race Championship would be the event list. Choose PP/NClass range and the game will generate appropriate cars, 20 or more cars, choose AI level, choose random variable weather or fine conditions. Done.

-Similar to GT3 and GT Sport, there could be multiple iterations of an event where one version may be harder.

Strongly disagree. This is where GT has been going wrong for so long, fixed difficulty events and treating everyone as a beginner. It's absolutely insane that GTS forces everyone to do ultra basic license tests telling you how the throttle, brakes and steering wheel works if you want to advance to the later tests and unlock more events. Same with the events, we know the GT League was an afterthought in GTS, but It forces everyone to complete beginner events with the easiest AI to be able to enter the "harder" events. Well, if you're only playing offline anyway, you need the XP.

That system is great if you truly are a beginner, but for everyone else it's just a pointless chore having to go through the basic stuff to get to the hard bit. This isn't an RPG, there is no story where it makes sense to start off with small weak monsters, and even then, a lot of RPGs nowadays will let you change the overall difficulty.

GT needs to stop treating all players as beginners and give people the freedom to choose the difficulty they want, and not essentially exclude people from doing certain events because the AI presents no challenge to them. What incentive is there for me to take part in any of the beginner events in GTS? None, yet that means I miss out on those specific events.

As for the events themselves, many of them need tightening up with regards to specificity and eligibility. When you give loose requirements it makes for easy steamrolling, or unique cars slipping in and trouncing the field.

Last edited:
As for the events themselves, many of them need tightening up with regards to specificity and eligibility. When you give loose requirements it makes for easy steamrolling, or unique cars slipping in and trouncing the field.

Agreed - when there's an event with a certain class of race cars, I'd only permit stock versions of the eligible racers, and enable BoP for both the player and AI.

EDIT: As for the rest of your post, I think realistically, the game will be appealing to both beginners and veterans - for better and for worse. I don't think it'll be an experience catered solely for veterans at the expense of potential newcomers. And in this case, I figure that they may as well have multiple iterations of an event with varying difficulty/regulations, especially since we've already seen it in both GT3 and GT Sport's GT League. And that's before we get into events that may have different names, but in practice seem like the same event but with different difficulties, like the Schwartzwald League.

Speaking of which, I'd bring back both the "A" and "B" versions of that event, each featuring solely stock versions of various German cars. One could be N200, and the other could be N500. So you'd be likely using the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT in the latter, while using something like a Volkswagen Golf in the former. The former would also feature the shorter Nurburgring GP course, while the latter would have the Nurburgring 24h layout, in addition to other courses - I believe this was the case in both GT4 and GT5, when both the "A" and "B" versions were in the campaign. Or, like in GT6, perhaps there could be just a single event, rather than both a "A" and "B" version, which could feature N200 German cars like the Audi TT '03, or the aforementioned Volkswagen Golf.

EDIT2: I seriously do hope we see the return of events available from various manufacturers again like in GT4, rather than just having them in the "main" part of the campaign like in GT5, GT6, and GT League. In which case, I wonder if it'd be better to have the return of "Race of the Red Emblem," "GT-R Maestros," or the "Nissan GT-R Cup"? I honestly wouldn't mind all three, haha! The first one is for any road-going Skyline - which could include the R30 and R31 - while the second would just be limited to road-going versions of the R35 - maybe including both versions of the R35 Nismo - and the last one would just be for any road-going GT-R, whether it's a Skyline or an R35. I'd prohibit any pace cars or race cars from entering, though I would permit tuned versions of each eligible car, like from Mine's or Nismo. The prize cars could each be something pretty rare/expensive, or a racing version of a given car.

Personally, I like the idea of combining the multiple prize cars of GT3 with the themed prize cars of GT4/5/6, where some events would only offer one prize car, but other could offer two, three or four where one is picked at random, but all potential prize cars follow the motif of the event.

So for the "Race of the Red Emblem," perhaps I'd make the potential prize cars the oldest Skyline - that BLRA-3 designed by an Italian - as well as the rare GT-R C110, and perhaps a Gr.2 Skyline GT-R from the JGTC era, as well as the Nismo 400R.

Then, for the GT-R Maestros, I'd make the prize one of the following: the Nissan Concept 2020 VGT, or either iteration of the R35 Nismo.

Finally, for the "Nissan GT-R Cup," I'd have players obtain the Gr.1 Nissan GT-R LM Nismo, a Gr.2 GT-R from the Super GT era, the Skyline GT-R R33 LM Road Going Version, or the GT-R50.

EDIT3: And then there was the potential return of the "Club 'Z'" event from GT4, as well. For that, I'd make the prize car the Fugu Z that won at SEMA, but for potential alternatives, I'd have a GT500-spec Fairlady Z33 like we had seen in GT before, as a likely Gr.2 racer. Or, as another idea, an additional tuned Fairlady Z could be a third prize car, like the Option Stream Z. (EDIT: Though I suppose this could be replaced with the return of the "Z Heritage" event from GT League.)

EDIT4: And I think some of the new campaign events that debuted in GT League could be great if they returned, too, especially as manufacturer events, like the "Supra Legend" event. I also just realized that the Premium Sports Lounge in GT4 had limits on the eligible models, so I'm hoping that if this event returns, that could be the case, rather than having a broader regulation of a minimum credit cost. The eligible models could certainly still be expensive, too. If you take a look at the typical opponents in GT League's version of the PSL, that's the sort of cars I'd also like to be eligible. I honestly am not a fan of any disconnect between the eligible models and the cars you see being used by the AI, especially with the Nostalgic 1979 event in GT Sport where clearly much more affordable vintage cars like the Corvette C3 are being raced, or how in the aforementioned Premium Sport Lounge, you can blast by everybody in a KTM X-Bow, going against the event's tagline as being for supercars, hypercars, and premium cars. I'd honestly make the HP limit something like, idk, N600?

EDIT5: And speaking of the "Nostalgic 1979" event, I'd just add a "Gr.1V" and "Gr.3V" class for both historic prototypes like the Ferrari 330 P4 and vintage GTs like the Shelby Daytona Coupe, respectively. And instead of "Nostalgic 1979" returning, I'd instead bring in the "Historic Racing Car Cup" from GT5, where cars had to be before 1970. That, in turn, would be an event limited to this as-of hypothetical "Gr.1V" class. Or, alternatively, it could go under a new title altogether, perhaps something like the "Historic Prototype Series," and complimenting a similar event for "Gr.3V."

Indeed, I think some events from prior GT games and GT League have broad enough motifs that they could be replaced with all-new events with more specific regulations. Generally, I hope that there's a wide enough variety in events that it encourages players to use an extraordinarily wide variety of vehicles, so perhaps situations where you can buy one car for use in multiple events - and especially with minimal tuning between said events - should be avoided. In that case, perhaps when I mentioned those three events involving the Nissan GT-R, only the Nissan GT-R Cup should return, and specifically only permit road-going versions of the Nissan GT-R - no pace cars or race cars, though I would permit tuned variants like the Nismo 400R, as well as homologation models like the R33 LM Road Going Version. Meanwhile, if you wanted to use something like the Skyline R30 or R31, there could still be events where they'd be eligible, like if the "J-Sports Meeting" event returns, or especially if there's the return of events involving Japanese cars from certain decades like in GT4.

Last edited:
Back