How You Tune Your Car in GT

• Thread starter Gyro1780
  • 5 comments
England
Surrey
Spoox777
I've been teaching my son the basics on how to tune/setup a car in GT. I wondered if someone here would mind posting a step by step guide (like the first thing you do through to the last thing) This way he can just sit in his bedroom & follow the list. He said he couldn't find anything online to follow so i said i'd ask here for him. Unfortunately my tunes don't really suit his driving style so doesn't want to use them & wants to try for himself.

Thanks a lot :)

:cheers:
I've been teaching my son the basics on how to tune/setup a car in GT. I wondered if someone here would mind posting a step by step guide (like the first thing you do through to the last thing) This way he can just sit in his bedroom & follow the list. He said he couldn't find anything online to follow so i said i'd ask here for him. Unfortunately my tunes don't really suit his driving style so doesn't want to use them & wants to try for himself.

Can you write how do you tune?

Personally i don't have any method that i follow path by path, but i will try to write down some easy way to do this. Tuning in GT6 is very simple and all the settings are working the right way as they work in real life , just with more or less effect for some comparing to others.
I will do this when time in a few days i think.

No prob :) do you have meybe time? Can you do fast tune for me old formula 1500T-A ?I need it faast today at 19:00 we have championchip race

If you try or ANYBODY here are settings:)

NURBURGRING NORDSLAIFE
OLD FORMULA F1500T-A
Power- 601BHP
WEIGHT-540KG
Only RACING HARD TYRES
Tyre wear- 2x
Fuel- 2x

Attachments

• USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1541219359165.jpg_1541219360443.jpeg
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1541219359165.jpg_1541219360443.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 34

Edited post 3 in my garage about tuning https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-gt-sport-garage.380262/#post-12412500

Usually I avoid fiddling with suspension and LSD stuff, I only mess with my cars transmissions if I need more acceleration or top speed for the track.

Here are the tips I can give you for transmission tuning(I'm assuming you're running on fully tuned engines and maximum weight reductions);

-Slide the 1st and 2nd gear all the way to the left to minimize wheelspin on these gears;

-For the other gears, slide them to the right side progressively with each gear, watch the lines on the graphic at the side of the screen, make sure there's a tiny little bit of overlap with each gear.

-The car should be able to reach the higherst RPMs possible on the final gear it has on the track's longest straight line on its own without slipstreaming, however the revs shouldn't bounce at the Rev limiter as you lose speed with that, so you will need to fine tune it.

On some tracks you will reach higher top speeds than others as long as you remember to do the last tip, so I recommend you to have a setting saved for tracks with smaller straights, a setting to the tracks with longer straights and a setting for tracks in-between.

Back