How young where you.

• Thread starter @nndr3w
  • 81 comments
United Kingdom
London
GR00VE-R1DER
So I stated with Gran Turismo in 1998 which would have made me 28! My daughter aged 12 has been watching me recently playing GT Sport and and asked if she could have a go. So I let her have a blast on Nothern Isle Speedway which she really enjoyed (see images). How old where you?

Attachments

• IMG_1520.jpg
    IMG_1520.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1521.jpg
    IMG_1521.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1522.jpg
    IMG_1522.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1523.jpg
    IMG_1523.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 130
Started with the original Gran Turismo in 1998 I think, and I would have been 35.

Last edited:
Similar age to ZZZ, would've been whichever side of my 13th birthday depending on when it was released in the UK.

VXR
Similar age to ZZZ, would've been whichever side of my 13th birthday depending on when it was released in the UK.
Ahh growing up when Arsenal where great! I had to grow up when it was boring boring Arsenal ;)

Cool thread!

I was born in 1997. I started playing GT2 in my uncle´s PSX when I was 5-6 years old. Then I bought a PS2 in 2004, and I started playing GT4 when I was 8. When I was 15 at the end of 2013 I came back to GT with the release of GT6 in order to start competing and taking the game seriously. After spending since then lots of hours improving in the game, now at my 20 years of age I can say I´m part, as a driver and coordinator, of an important SimRacing eSports team in Spain. And as you can see on my profile pic, I recently met Lucas Ordóñez in a GT Sport final that took place in Madrid a few weeks ago.

13 when I first tried GT4, back in 2004 when I could afford a PS2. Tried GT3 back when I was 12 at a cousin's house, dreamt of playing it again. When I got the GT4, got hooked by basically everything about the game.

I was 11 when GT come out but I suspect I start playing it on a later date my uncle had a gaming room with PS One's and GT was my favorite game. I was 15-16 yo when I got my first PC and manage to run GT and GT2 on a PSX emulator.

I was 36 when a co-worker started asking me, what is toe? what does camber do? how do sway bars effect handeling?...
Up until then I dismissed racing games as garbage, but when he started asking those questions I had to ask what else can be adjusted, he told me gearing, differential, springs shocks etc etc...
That Friday night I was at his house drinking adult beverages and setting up his cars for the way he drove...
The next morning I went out and bought GT4 and a wheel.
Since then, we have become best friends, I got him into real cars, mountain biking, shooting... but we always schedule "race night".

I was born in a family where my older sibling was already playing Gran Turismo. It was Gran Turismo 3 that he was playing (it was already out for over a year). That automatically made it my first GT. To this day, I haven’t enjoyed GT games as much as I enjoyed GT3. And let me tell you, I enjoyed it’s three sequels a lot!

That’s how good Gran Turismo 3 was.

At age 45 around 2007, GT4 on PS2 (always been a PC gamer, played GT Legends and others), have been playing GT ever since, along with some PC stuff.

Back