HST Track Days - Thursday's at 8pm EST - Fun, Friendly Racing for all skill levelsOpen 

  • Thread starter Thread starter jay*doc
  • 1,436 comments
  • 79,506 views
I'm having trouble deciding between the quattro and the Stratos... :lol:
 
All RALLY cars are able to be used, they do not have to be Base Models. So if it's in the RALLY section on the Recommended Cars Button (under Dealership), it's good to go. Or, if you want to choose a base model and make your own Rally car, that's cool too.
 
Good stuff, I'll go tell this someone who isn't me that they have the green light to use the WRC Impreza. :D
 
I've got pictures!!!!!

Just click on the flickr account below because I'm too lazy to post them :p
 
I decided that I would go with something outside of my norm for this series... and chose the RS200 right off telling myself that I would stick with it, no matter what, until I found the right tune for it. Spent probably an 1-1.5 hours on it yesterday running a few laps, tweaking, running a few laps, tweaking... I think I've got one clean lap around the Matt :scared:

I finally have the diff settings where I want them so I stop losing it while braking... but man, if you catch one of the negative-G rolls coming into what seems like every damn corner wrong... it murders you, your family, and everyone you've ever loved.

I'm sticking with it, though... I didn't want to go with something generic or obvious (although, I didn't realize that the RS200 had been discussed on the previous page)
 
I decided that I would go with something outside of my norm for this series... and chose the RS200 right off telling myself that I would stick with it, no matter what, until I found the right tune for it. Spent probably an 1-1.5 hours on it yesterday running a few laps, tweaking, running a few laps, tweaking... I think I've got one clean lap around the Matt :scared:

I finally have the diff settings where I want them so I stop losing it while braking... but man, if you catch one of the negative-G rolls coming into what seems like every damn corner wrong... it murders you, your family, and everyone you've ever loved.

I'm sticking with it, though... I didn't want to go with something generic or obvious (although, I didn't realize that the RS200 had been discussed on the previous page)

It's really fun to drive. I got 1:38/1:39 lap times in an untuned one. It has a nice little "go-with-the-flow" personality that lets you powerslide it around every corner. <3
 
It's really fun to drive. I got 1:38/1:39 lap times in an untuned one. It has a nice little "go-with-the-flow" personality that lets you powerslide it around every corner. <3

Haha, then maybe I needed to just leave it alone instead of tuning it up to 500pp.
 
Haha, then maybe I needed to just leave it alone instead of tuning it up to 500pp.
Well, I put weight and power upgrades on it to get it to 500PP. I just haven't touched anything else.
 
Well, I put weight and power upgrades on it to get it to 500PP. I just haven't touched anything else.

Now that you mention it, I think I did end up doing that, except I did change the diff settings and lowered the brake settings (that was one of the biggest helping factors)...

Actually... now that I'm really thinking about it... I think my mistake here is that, without thinking about it, I improved the body rigidity before I even looked at or thought about the car, track, etc...

Think I may buy another one and compare them. (what's 120k for experiment's sake?)
 
In honor of my new car, I'll be using the 2001 Impreza WRXs for tonight's festivities. 👍

See you on the track!
 
I just realized it was Thursday. :ouch: I've been busy playin Forza 3 and didnt practice! Tonight should be fun. :D
 
I haven't tested any cars yet, so I'm gonna wing it tonight :lol: Maybe I can find a little time
 
I haven't tested any cars yet, so I'm gonna wing it tonight :lol: Maybe I can find a little time
Audi quattro had the most understeer, but gave me the fastest laptimes. Mostly because it's a road rally, and I was sliding around corners in my other two choices... :3
 
I've yet to decide what car I want.... Hmmmm.... 💡
 
im going to see if i can get on tonight, and if i do, i'll probably use a quattro
 
Derpy was ripping that track to pieces with the Quattro this week.
 
Hey HST!!

man! this next even looks AWESOME! i can not make tonight as well, im heading out to get the race car close to finished! I will try to be at some of these events in the future
 
In honor of my new car, I'll be using the 2001 Impreza WRXs for tonight's festivities. 👍

See you on the track!

You guys should try the '05 Impreza some time when you can.
Just purely on the premise of how it handles, its so fun, like an FR almost depending how you tune it.
Its capable of going fast too..
BTW I'll probly be representin the back as usual.
But hey.. for me its all about the journey.
Who cares how long it takes to get there..
Its all about the mountain baby.. yyeeeaaahhh..
 
Room is open!

Race one is the qualify. Race 2/3 points. Race 4 for fun!
 
You guys should try the '05 Impreza some time when you can.
Just purely on the premise of how it handles, its so fun, like an FR almost depending how you tune it.
Its capable of going fast too..
BTW I'll probly be representin the back as usual.
But hey.. for me its all about the journey.
Who cares how long it takes to get there..
Its all about the mountain baby.. yyeeeaaahhh..
I like how you expect to take up the back, and end up getting 1st. :P
 
Good racing from everyone tonight, and I got a little surprise win too :lol:
 
Fun night so long as you aren't easily frustrated by the fact that you were guaranteed to go off at LEAST once per race (many many more in my case).

Best part of the night was easily our in-betweener jump competitions... once I found out you could take that hill at full speed, I never broke for it again the rest of the night... I was like 50/50 on my landings :lol:
 
Fun racing last night! Sorry if I was all over the place I was tired and fatigue got the better of me at times. Tough track, I had only done TTs there before but was a good race. Always a fun night with HST! :cheers:
 
Back