HUD-less driving is finally here!

• Thread starter nuu1212
  • 24 comments

nuu1212

(Banned)
Germany
Germany
Not sure where to post this, might be an "undocumented update change".

Today I found out how to disable the HUD (almost) completely!
At first it was a bit hard to get used to: shifiting without the visual revs, remembering the gear we are in, etc.
But after 3-4 laps I really liked it!!!

Watch this:

If I hit 1000 subs, I might reveal how to do it!

2017 wants its post back!

More like 2010!

Just wanted to point out a bug that occurred when I saved a replay during the pitstop. HUD just gone.
Fastest Lap still displayed, though. SR ticks also showing.

For a workaround to that bug, see this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-bug-report-thread.361287/page-72#post-12707605

We could turn off the HUD in the GT series for gameplay as far back as GT5. What GT Sport actually needs is the ability to toggle the HUD on & off or cycle through it while driving, you know, like we can in every other game out there. Having to pause the game, navigate to a menu, going through multiple button presses to do it is bad game design, especially when you can do it with one button press in other games. What's ironic is that you could toggle it on & off with one button press in GT5 Prologue when watching a replay, & you could cycle through it in three button presses when watching a replay in GT6...

:banghead:

VBR
We could turn off the HUD in the GT series for gameplay as far back as GT5. What GT Sport actually needs is the ability to toggle the HUD on & off or cycle through it while driving, you know, like we can in every other game out there. Having to pause the game, navigate to a menu, going through multiple button presses to do it is bad game design, especially when you can do it with one button press in other games. What's ironic is that you could toggle it on & off with one button press in GT5 Prologue when watching a replay, & you could cycle through it in three button presses when watching a replay in GT6.

:banghead:

Just another compromise necessary when making a “7-77” simcade. The vast majority of players wouldn’t want the HUD disabled, so there’s little sense in assigning the function to a button on the already extremely limited controller layout. Especially now that we lost another button to P2P/DRS.

Just another compromise necessary when making a “7-77” simcade. The vast majority of players wouldn’t want the HUD disabled, so there’s little sense in assigning the function to a button on the already extremely limited controller layout. Especially now that we lost another button to P2P/DRS.

No, it's not necessary at all. Project CARS has way more options than GT Sport, & still manages to offer a Cycle HUD option for those who want it. As for what the majority of players want; seeing as you haven't run a poll to gauge the general consensus, you have absolutely no basis upon which to make such a generalization.

VBR
No, it's not necessary at all. Project CARS has way more options than GT Sport, & still manages to offer a Cycle HUD option for those who want it. As for what the majority of players want; seeing as you haven't run a poll to gauge the general consensus, you have absolutely no basis upon which to make such a generalization.

Of course PCars has that function. Pcars being a game selling a fraction of the amount of copies GT Sport has, which reaffirms my point. More-sim options on more-sim games. Pick up and play options on a PU&P game.

Also, do you actually find utility in such pedantry? In your view, is an assertion inappropriate in literally every context? The fact that disabling the Hud has evolved over the course of GT games to be less convenient, is proof in itself that it’s uncommonly used.

Of course PCars has that function. Pcars being a game selling a fraction of the amount of copies GT Sport has, which reaffirms my point. More-sim options on more-sim games. Pick up and play options on a PU&P game.

Also, do you actually find utility in such pedantry? In your view, is an assertion inappropriate in literally every context? The fact that disabling the Hud has evolved over the course of GT games to be less convenient, is proof in itself that it’s uncommonly used.

Wow...just...wow...

:rolleyes:

Can you see penalties and fuel warnings with this version of the HUD or is it just for replays? I wouldn't mind giving it a try but I don't want to wait till you get your 1000th subscriber to get it.:lol:

All I want is the driver list and track map gone.

If you have a usb keyboard f1 button MAY do it. I know it does on replays...Edit I know it gets rid of names above cars, not sure about the race positions on the left...

Disagree... PD could allow assigning two functions for a single button like Assetto Corsa does on consoles (DRS for cars that support it and something else for those without such function; flash lights could be mapped with DRS function for F1 cars)
...Or simply just add long press option for each button: hold Touch pad button to swap HUD etc... :/

Last edited:
I don't know if this has always been there, but I am seeing big black semi-transparent rectangles on the sides of the screen when a car is near me in my blind spot. It's VERY annoying. Any way to remove that? I am in the speedo view.

I don't know if this has always been there, but I am seeing big black semi-transparent rectangles on the sides of the screen when a car is near me in my blind spot. It's VERY annoying. Any way to remove that? I am in the speedo view.

It's a proximity alert type feature, it lets you know when someone is alongside you. I find it very annoying too, & it is forced on with no way to turn it off sadly.

Thank you for the response :(

Sorry, I ain't got better news. The only way to get rid of it is to use a different view. I mainly use the in-car view, so it's not much of an issue to me anyway thankfully.

VBR
Sorry, I ain't got better news. The only way to get rid of it is to use a different view. I mainly use the in-car view, so it's not much of an issue to me anyway thankfully.
I am always in car as well but I wanted to try something new to see how it was. Not very impressed. Back to cockpit view I go

Back