GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
Seeing that hovercraft video reminds me of how that happened in GT6, in addition to the random lag, disappearing cars, and general bugs in lobbies and sport mode. Nothing has changed with PD in years. I got corrupt data in GT6 and I've got corrupt data in GT Sport.

The latest one is that I created a livery for the Mustang Gr.3 Road car and put Work wheels on it. In my garage and in my library, the correct wheels are shown. However, when I am in a race, it has Enkei wheels. None of my liveries for that car have Enkei wheels. In fact, I did not even realize that the particular Enkei style was even applicable to the Mustang until they showed up in the pre-race screen.

The function for the left stick of the steering wheels of the clubsport series is no longer supported. (See screenshot below right)

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190405161210.png

After the last update 1.36 / 1.37 the stick does not work anymore. I used the stick for the camera control in the race. I also used it to move the cursor in the menus. Currently the stick only works like a second x button.

Been playing since launch. First real unacceptable problem is the arbitrary limit on replays.

Only showed up yesterday (04/05/2019).

I have:

44 scapes photos
120 race photos
315 replays

Pretty lame, as I have plenty of system storage AND a 2TB extended storage drive. Would love to hear a rational explanation from PD on why there's limits on this...

This is bad enough that I made a GTP account for the first time just to report this.

Been playing since launch. First real unacceptable problem is the arbitrary limit on replays.

I have:

44 scapes photos
120 race photos
315 replays

Pretty lame, as I have plenty of system storage AND a 2TB extended storage drive. Would love to hear a rational explanation from PD on why there's limits on this...

This is bad enough that I made a GTP account for the first time just to report this.

GTS stores all that on Amazon S3, not your console. Costs add up quickly. I'm surprised that they are even footing the bill for the millions of photos and stuff that people upload.

GTS stores all that on Amazon S3, not your console. Costs add up quickly. I'm surprised that they are even footing the bill for the millions of photos and stuff that people upload.

Holy crap. But... Why? For the photo stream that none of my friends use?

..so eventually our replays will all be gone forever then. Great. ☁️.

[..at least I can still save my photos]

I have:

44 scapes photos
120 race photos
315 replays

Your local data is limited to 5gb. Console limitation, nothing devs can do

I have:

44 scapes photos
120 race photos
315 replays

Why are you hoarding so many replays?

I'm sure 72 pages in at least 50 people have observed this glitch, but I've observed a bug that involves being unable to refuel from an empty fuel tank, just causing you to teleport away from the pit entrance or simply go through the pit without refueling.

Is this happening to anyone else when in Lobby?
20190409_233133.jpg

It happens so frequently that I usually only get 1-2 pages of rooms in before it disconnects and sends me back to the main menu. It has also happened once while I hosted a lobby. So frustrating. Everything's perfectly fine with my connection so I don't know what's wrong.

Last edited:
Menu Music Bug:

The exact same menu music keeps playing in the exact same order. It's been happening since a few updates ago, & I'm so annoyed with it that I've turned all music off.

:irked:

VBR
Menu Music Bug:

The exact same menu music keeps playing in the exact same order. It's been happening since a few updates ago, & I'm so annoyed with it that I've turned all music off.

:irked:
I don't notice the menu music, but the in-race music does this for me.

Seems like it's affecting all the music in GT Sport then, not just the menu music.

👍

3 times in the last couple of weeks, when you've joined a race in Sport Mode, you click join and get the chance to drive out from the pits for a minute warm-up. The info has all been there but the rest of the screen is black! First time it happened I pressed the accelerator (thinking that would fix it) and ran into something I couldn't see and got a 10 second penalty! Thankfully that didn't carry over to the race. The next 2 times I just sat still. Once the warm-up finished, everything back to normal.....

I'm sure 72 pages in at least 50 people have observed this glitch, but I've observed a bug that involves being unable to refuel from an empty fuel tank, just causing you to teleport away from the pit entrance or simply go through the pit without refueling.

You crossed the star/finish line, then went back over it; completely logical that it stops you from going in the pits that way.

Every time I want to use a car I purchased via PSN store (Lamborghini Countach '74, arcade mode), the game shows the loading spinner for ~20 seconds, and then a message "You do not have permission to use this car.". If I close the message and select the same car again, it works fine.

This is quite annoying, and turned me off purchasing more cars via PSN store. Strangely, I do not see anyone else mentioning this bug anywhere; can't believe I am the only one.

I’m having a massive issue that is really quite game breaking.

If I’m in a public lobby (Sport Mode seems fine) there’s a random chance my PS4 will just randomly disconnect from the internet. The more people in the lobby, the more frequent it is with it always disconnecting in under 20 minute if it’s a full lobby.

There’s nothing wrong with my console or my internet. I can play all other games online for hours at a time without issue but I can’t with GTS for some reason.

If I do an internet test on my PS4 it shows the connection as being perfectly fine and will work until it disconnects again in another lobby.

It’s really frustrating and is really making me not want to play the game at all as much as I want to

It’s been like this constantly ever since the update with the Super Formula.

I had this strange glitch in a lobby today, I assume due to someone joining the lobby while we were in a race and it messed up something and "Canceled" the race, and immediately started a new race, except it didn't really, 1 guy was still racing like nothing happened, we were able to drive during the intro and the race ended 30 seconds into the "new" race.

GTSport has started to take a crazy long time to load, the game intro screens work as they always did but just after the network check, the point where it loads the top menu seems to take ages. I end up looking at an almost black screen, can just about make out the info bar across the top, showing car, ranks etc.

Found a work around to an old bug. It's one where you can't change the display information when watching a replay stored in the library. If the HUD was off the last time you went driving, then you won't be able to turn it on when watching replays stored in your library. The work around is to go driving again & turn all the HUD back on. Then, when you view replays in the library you should now be able to turn the display information on & off.

👍

Anyone experienced this?
I start gtsport, I get through the different copyright etc notices, then I get the small save icon in the bottom left corner.. Then black screen, and nothing happens?

I tried to reboot, rebuild database and now i am moving the game to the system drive from my external ssd..

EDIT: Moving it from my external drive to the System drive solved it.. very strange.
I'm definitely not the worlds most IT tech savy guy. :P
And I've no experience with running an external drive, so I'm unsure how that works.

But from what I've read, using Rebuild Database (essentially a 'defrag' function) wouldn't be advisable on an SSD.
It apparently makes little to no difference, and can actually add unnecessary wear on the drive.

I may be wrong, (and someone please correct me if I am), but it might be something for you to look into and consider if using an SSD external.

Yep. Didn't even notice till the game reconnected me.

This is the same garbage that was happening with GT6, everytime there was an update it gave the game some new problem.

VBR
Menu Music Bug: The exact same menu music keeps playing in the exact same order. It's been happening since a few updates ago, & I'm so annoyed with it that I've turned all music off.

After doing the 1.38 update, the menu music started playing & they were all different songs. I'm guessing that this bug is now fixed.

Yep. Didn't even notice till the game reconnected me.

This is the same garbage that was happening with GT6, everytime there was an update it gave the game some new problem.
Hopefully it gets patched soon....
I mean it’s a pain in the 🤬 for about 10 minutes then it seems fine after that....

Back