HUD off??

  • Thread starter Thread starter ForNgoods
  • 32 comments
  • 6,082 views
Messages
60
I know this was discussed awhile back but has there been any confirmation on the ability to turn the HUD off. If you're using one of the premium cars, you could use the interior gauges instead which IMHO looks a lot cleaner and just plain neat.

I noticed on the roll over video, seen here, at the 23 second mark they show a cockpit view with the HUD shut off which looks amazing. All gauges are visible and functional. Only problem is, i'm not sure if this is in game, or just a replay. So has anyone heard anything concerning the HUD?
 
Nah, that's a trailer. It's not representative of either in-game or replay footage, cause they wouldn't put the HUD in a trailer either way.

I do hope they'll have plenty of HUD options though.
 
I hope we will be able to remove hud!!!!
In-cockpit view without hu would be astonishing...
but we have to remember that standard cars will always need a hud :( sadly
 
I really hope they have given consideration to things like this. It may be a minor detail and ignored by most players, but being able to personalise the appearance of the game in this manner can make a big difference to the overall feel of the game.

All they need to do is allow players to switch on or off or define the transparency percentage for all the HUD elements, it should be an easy thing to do, so many games allow this.

Case in point, in GT4 I wish ever so much I could turn off the rear view mirror when in time trial mode, not only is it redundant but it spoils the view.
 
As I already asked for this on this forum, I would really like this feature.
I think that it's a simple request and not a difficult one for PD, and I hope it will be heard.

I would like to be able to press a pad button to hide the hud too, like in Shift where you was able to hide it by pressing the down button of the d-pad.
 
SIGNED

PLEASE, If we're going to have beautifully recreated racing wheels with digital readouts, gear number and led rev counters, PLEASE let us turn off the HUD. Ideally each individual part of it in options, depending on what we still need/want.

ie. Having your position might still be useful, but having my speed and gear number in my face when it's on a beautifully recreated, multi-thousand pound steering-wheel in cool red digital numbers is a real shame. I want use the wheel readout, but when glancing down/seeing it in your peripheral, the HUD overpowers it visually and renders it useless.

To the OP - Can you add a poll and turn this into an official petition!
 
Agreed, I dont know how many thousands of man hours and lines of code it took to created those detailed cockpit views but it seems like a wasted if they went through all that trouble just for eye candy and not something functional we can use. Also I'm banking on that fact that this request is so simple to implement that the dev teams says "hey why dont we do this." Here's to hoping.

@ real_tron
I cant seem to change the existing thread into a poll nor do i think the mods would be to thrilled if i made two threads on the same topic. So this will be it for now unless someone else wants to make a poll.
 
Last edited:
I made an account just to post this very same topic but you beat me to it. Agreed with what everyone said, this would be a very cool feature.
 
I agree, I'm sure an option to turn parts of it on or off wouldn't be too difficult for PD to implement. In particular I'd like to remove the suggested gear indicator as I tend to change gear relative to when that appears rather than my current track position!
 
I've been asking this for years, and i hope they are listening.

A MONKEY can implement this easy feature, it's just a matter of knowing what we want.

Giving us the option to disable the HUD will improve gameplay dramaticaly, specially when you are driving on cockpit view and don't need all those useless bars and graphs showing up.
 
Well i read and article earlier that stated Kaz and the rest of the Dev team read the boards for suggestions so maybe this little thread will reach him. So Mr. Yamauchi, if you see this PLEASE give us the ability to remove the HUD. Otherwise i will be forced to kick a baby kitten for your non-compliance, and i dont think you want that on your conscience.
 
I think it's no problem for PD to do that
maybe it took 1 min to do it :D
but i don't know if they will do it ( i think yes )
 
The 23 second mark of the video link in first post is awesome. I'm all for HUD removal.
 
I really hope they have given consideration to things like this. It may be a minor detail and ignored by most players, but being able to personalise the appearance of the game in this manner can make a big difference to the overall feel of the game.

All they need to do is allow players to switch on or off or define the transparency percentage for all the HUD elements, it should be an easy thing to do, so many games allow this.

Case in point, in GT4 I wish ever so much I could turn off the rear view mirror when in time trial mode, not only is it redundant but it spoils the view.

👍
+1

It would be sweet if we can toggle on/off each HUD item. Even better if we could also move the HUD items to personalize the gameviews!
 
I tweeted about this to Kaz :p .. hopefully it is in 👍
 
Cockpits aren't useable, way too dark to see dials.
 
I am looking forward to it!!!
Every racing game has a no-hud option... GT5 need it!
If it's not in, we will ask it for the first update of the game! Remember that it is possible for polyphony to change everything of the game with updates, like they did for gt5 prologue
 
Picked up a copy of Super car challenge and right away noticed in the options there is toggle HUD.

I use cockpit view mostly and I find it way better/far more immersive racing without the HUD, only trouble is they made it so you can't even see what position your in or lap (it's either off or on) but I still always use it.

Let's hope in GT5 we can customise the HUD the way we want it.
 
I really hope i can turn off the hud. For a game that boasts about realism you would think the hud would be optional. You would think.
 
I really hope i can turn off the hud. For a game that boasts about realism you would think the hud would be optional. You would think.

That's true. It's also a game to teach new players, but we really need the option to turn it off.
 
I'm still hoping for no HUD but at the same time an option for the HUD to be on a PSP hooked up to the PS3, mounted in front of my wheel dashboard.
 
Last edited:
I'm still hoping for no HUD but at the same time an option for the HUD to be on a PSP hooked up to the PS3, mounted in front of my wheels dashboard.

That sounds awesome, I've never heard anything about this! I think it's a bit going over the limits eh?
 
I would really like a rear view mirror option for the hood cam.
 
Back