hybrid OLR

United Kingdom
Coventry
graveltrap
Ok I’ve just ordered a x-port so I’m a newbie to the world of hybriding. I think that a good way to learn about creating hybrids would be in competition :D

Hybrids provide the opportunity to create a car to a set of regulations just like IRL racing series so it seems only logical to use them for a bit of OLR

So this is what I’ve got in mind…….

Car Building Regulations.

1. Chassis wheelbase must be within a set limit.
2. Chassis must be within +/- 80mm of the original cars wheelbase
3. Minimum weight limit
4. Maximum downforce limit
5. Maximum power limit
6. No alteration to the grip value
7. Control tyre to be used by each competitor
8. Drivetrain layout to be specified
9. No F1 parts to be used
10. No race car bodies

Decided on a minimum weight limit and a maximum power limit due to the fact that it is easy to hit a set power to weight ratio using the power modifier

So an example set of regs for a race or series race could be something like this

 Chassis wheelbase must be within 2400 to 2700mm
 Chassis must be within +/- 80mm of the original cars wheelbase
 Minimum weight limit of 1100kg
 Maximum downforce 1.50 Front 1.75 Rear
 Maximum power 1000bhp
 Tyres must be taken from the Denso Sard Supra
 Car must have an FR drivetrain layout
 No alteration to the grip value
 No F1 parts to be used
 No race car bodies

Competitors would be free to develop their cars over the course of a series, trying different chassis’s, gearboxes & brakes for example. The other option would be to change the regulations for each race forcing the driver to build a new hybrid for each round.

I think that because of the building process and testing involved in this sort of thing a race would need to be run over a two-week period.

Cars obviously will have to pass some sort of scrutineering before & after they are raced to check that they are within the specified rules. An independent verifier would be good for this.

This is just a rough idea at the moment and I know it needs some work to make it viable so your input and knowledge would be valuable if this is to be moved forwards.

Example car is attached to this post….haven’t been able to check it yet but it gives some idea what is possible…the power it produces need’s to be adjusted but it should fit within the rest of the regulations

BTW…I’m not getting online much at the moment so I apologise in advance for any delay in responding to your post’s ;)

Attachments

• examplecar.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 13
Being a newbie to the world of hybridding, you might want to examine some of the already established guidelines set aside by others. Just because it's new to you, doesn't mean it hasn't been thought of before.

Sorry to boast and double post, and that rhyme isnt really good for this time but my supra rz out does your denzo, renzo.

Attachments

• mysupra2.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 14
bonzhel....just looking for a bit of competion thats all....don't won't to upset the establishment ;) not trying to lay down a set of rules for the whole world just a short series or spot race here on GTP

gt-40/787b....your supra might be better but i think it would break the afore mentioned rules ;)

Back