Hybrid Trading Thread: READ 1st POST!

Next project I'm going to put the viper V10 in the dodge ram so I can make the ram magnum replica.

Then I will put the ford GT 5.4L V8 in a SVT F-150 lighting.

Ranman20
Next project I'm going to put the viper V10 in the dodge ram so I can make the ram magnum replica.

Then I will put the ford GT 5.4L V8 in a SVT F-150 lighting.

8.0L Viper V10 engine, right?

And the F-150 also has the same engine as with the Ford GT, although not as fast as the MR coupe.

Have made a few nice builds recently, hopefully I can put up a few pictures soon to see if anyone is interesting in them 👍

GTV0819
8.0L Viper V10 engine, right?

And the F-150 also has the same engine as with the Ford GT, although not as fast as the MR coupe.

Yes 8.0L from the 1998 dodge viper gts.

And I am aware. Just want to give it a higher output.

For some reason I want to put the tank car V12 in a FGT. Hmm.

Last edited:
So Jay, you got me thinking, and I re-installed the S2000 chassis. Weird thing is, I got back all of the S2000 function, but with the LM look. The tires still protruded a bit from the top, so I raised the ride height almost to max and guess what? Sucker drives like a dream!

Handles pretty much exactly the way I drive... enter a turn properly and you leave with a full head of steam... enter a little too hot, the tires will spin for a small, manageable drift... always the option of coming in very hot and braking late for a decent drift. I love it, favorite car I've had, and I've played the bejesus out of every Gran Turismo since the original. Check 'er out:

iz9x.jpg

Last edited:
Check 'er out:
*nice RX-7 pic*

This pic your wheels/arches look spot on, much better than the pics from the previous page, and if you say it drifts like a dream then I may just try your set-up for myself. 👍

if you say it drifts like a dream then I may just try your set-up for myself. 👍

To be clear, I'm the type of driver who prefers to power through most corners, braking late and slicing through the "optimal" line. I don't regularly drift (not in GT at least) but I'm capable, so I like that this car will drift a bit if I've got a little too much speed into a turn.

So the car is setup for my driving style... I don't expect it would be classified as a 5 star pure drifting car. That said, I have TC set at 1, ABS at 1, and SRF turned ON and it will still drift. I would think that you could play with those settings, tire type, and perhaps some tuning and end up with a damn fine drifting machine.

You're welcome to borrow mine if you'd like. I don't know that the results are easily repeatable, as I seem to have the look of the RX-7 LM chassis but the behavior of the S2000 chassis. Can't be sure how I got that glitch to stick. Feel free to send a friend request if you're interested and I'll put it on share.

Could anyone re-engineer my dream Hybrid I received tailor-made by Gingiba/Metar back in the GT4 days? I must have driven 10'000 km's on the 'ring with it …

BMW 2002 '73 with an F20C (Honda S2000) engine + 6-speed Gearbox swap
709217515d7ae77518a5466c18d9aef8

I know, it's a Turbo car and an NA engine, but with all the mad scientists in this thread here you never know what might be possible …

Although the 17" BBS rims I used to have on it sadly seem to be out of reach in GT5 hybriding.

Last edited:
Could anyone re-engineer my dream Hybrid I received tailor-made by Gingiba/Metar back in the GT4 days? I must have driven 10'000 km's on the 'ring with it… BMW 2002 '73

More important than which engine, how much HP are you looking for?

More important than which engine, how much HP are you looking for?

Thanks for responding so fast, StuckGamer! The original F20C swapped 2002 had around 340 hp when I received it (altough it was possible to tune it for much, much more, but that's not the point when using it on the Nordschleife on Sports Hards).

The reason why that car was so appealing was the combination of a compact, lightweight, classic FR chassis with a screaming, 9200 RPM, modern-day vtec four-banger and a 6-speed 'box. I need it to be NA and vtec, otherwise I could just forget about it and leave the stock engine in.

Quite a few other members re-requested the same car from its creator and enjoyed it a lot too, see here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91315&page=6

The little thing was so nimble, I was able to beat the mighty SLR Mc Laren (AI) around the 'Ring with it, even though the Merc was much faster on the long final straight.
dc5657efe6e85071e3787a36843a0523

Last edited:
Mr. Apex, I could probably create one for you and send it to you ASAP, just give me a FR on PSN (tell me if you're from GTP) and it shouldn't take a lot of work but the only work you'll be left with is tuning up the engine to 340hp, in which shouldn't be a problem :)

Only thing that I may fear that could be a problem is changing the gearbox and whether you can actually tune the gear ratios. (Normally don't do transmission swaps on my car)

Meantime my net is back up and running so I shall post my collection of hybrids soon 👍

Last edited:
Thanks, mate! :dopey:

My PSN is: GTP_Mr_Apex

Will try to fire up my PS3 this evening, that would be in around 12 hours from now, and I'll send that FR request immediately.

Appreciate it that you're giving it a shot!

Thanks, mate! :dopey:

My PSN is: GTP_Mr_Apex

Will try to fire up my PS3 this evening, that would be in around 12 hours from now, and I'll send that FR request immediately.

Appreciate it that you're giving it a shot!

Alright no worries, that'll be roughly in the morning tomorrow in my timezone, I'll try and hop on and send you the car before I have to go out :)

Hopefully the car is fine and the sound transfers when I create it.

EDIT: Car has been created :) Your only downside to your swap is that your 6 speed transmission can't be adjusted, do you have some ratios that I can input when I create the hybrid again or do you wanna use a stock 6 speed transmission from the S2000 or another car?

Last edited:
Alright no worries, that'll be roughly in the morning tomorrow in my timezone, I'll try and hop on and send you the car before I have to go out :)

Hopefully the car is fine and the sound transfers when I create it.

EDIT: Car has been created :) Your only downside to your swap is that your 6 speed transmission can't be adjusted, do you have some ratios that I can input when I create the hybrid again or do you wanna use a stock 6 speed transmission from the S2000 or another car?

EDIT: You've reached the maximum of friends on your PSN list, can't send the request.

Cool! :cheers: Nah, leave it as is (stock S2000?!), might be o.k. don't you think? Anyway I have no Idea about the ratios without doing some testing first (since I don't have a PS2 anymore for some time, and therefore no access to the old version of the Hybrid.

Thanks man, appreciate it a lot! Gonna fire up the old PS3 right now! Can't believe my handcrafted custom-made car is being shipped from Sydney, I've been there once in 2007!

Are you by any chance going to watch WTAC this weekend? I guess I would if I were near Sydney Motorsport Park! Might give you good ideas for hybrid fabrication … V8 NSXes and the likes … :)
WTAC_2013_7218-800x533.jpg

Also Nigel Petrie's space-framed Hilux Drift Ute is gonna debut … lots of mouth-watering stuff ging on on your side of the pond​

Last edited:
Complicated answer:

The F20C-swapped BMW 2002 was the first of all my hybrids ever used in GT4, yes.
Also, the F20C-swapped BMW 2002 would be my first ever hybrid in GT5, if I am to successfully receive it.

Why do you ask so, dear sir?

Last edited:
I'm sorry Apex, my net was down the whole morning and I thought I still had space in my FR :(

I'll be sure to figure this all out tonight 👍 sorry for the inconvenience.

:D No worries, mate! 👍 Not in a hurry.

You custom-made a car for me and are going to give it as a gift?
Well I sure ain't gonna complain, am I?

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Mr. Apex
Complicated answer:

The F20C-swapped BMW 2002 was the first of all my hybrids ever used in GT4, yes.
Also, the F20C-swapped BMW 2002 would be my first ever hybrid in GT5, if I am to successfully receive it.

Why do you ask so, dear sir?

Nothing.

It just sounded like it's the first time you got one, judging by your post earlier.

Anyways, thanks for the time, sir. I hope you'll enjoy your favorite hybrid. :)

-> GTV0819

:D Heh heh. And judging by your Mitsubishi Montero Evolution TDi sig, you must own like a hundred Hybrids already …

-> Stavingo

Tried again this (south american) morning, no luck so far. May your interwebs connection get well soon 👍

Mr. Apex
-> GTV0819

:D Heh heh. And judging by your Mitsubishi Montero Evolution TDi sig, you must own like a hundred Hybrids already …

Uhm, actually nope.

I only have like 3 or 5 of them. They're just all fitted with Turbodiesel engines. That Montero Evolution (Pajero Evolution '03) is the 1st of them. :)

I have a Nismo GT-R S-Tune that I want simply converted to FR in both designation (listed as FR in garage) and function without any engine or chassis swap. I have it very mildly tuned to 1320kg and 505hp and would like it to stay that way. Is there anyone that can accept the regular car and return it converted to FR?

… -> Stavingo Tried again this (south american) morning, no luck so far. May your interwebs connection get well soon 👍

Sorry Apex it's been down the whole weekend and hopefully it'll be repaired by tomorrow.

Cheers mate, no worries. Internet woes suck, don't they!

In the meantime another member jumped in via PM and sent me a F20C-swapped, Turbo 2002! Thanks alot to rizzo! 👍👍👍

:gtpflag: :gtpflag: :gtpflag: :gtpflag: :gtpflag:

Have been testing the car quite a bit and been wondering about some stuff … maybe some of the experienced modders out there could give me a hint.

1. Since this Hybrid still has its turbo … would it be possible to do the swap the other way round, say, start with an S2000, swap the 2002 chassis, suspension and body into it, and get rid of the turbo that way?
  2. Also, the hybrid definitely has the linear power delivery and the 8300 RPM redline of an F20C, alas it sounds less VTEC-ish angry than the old GT4 version i used to have. Does anyone know which is the meanest-sounding and highest-revving Honda four-pot in GT5?

Last edited:
I believe someone might be able to remove the turbo from the car. I don't know what kind of exhaust note you would get though

The meanest sounding..... that depends on your TV System and the bass level you can get out of it. The meanest sounding I have is a ZC motor from the 2nd Gen CR-X. I put that motor in my 1st Gen CR-X. It's a mean little puppy, that's for sure.

As for the chassis swap, everything/anything is possible, but cosmetic purposes, the chassis has to fit. I don't know if the chassis does fit, but we can check jqtmopar's chassis list if it fits.

Back