Hybrids changing the dynamic of speed when it comes to drifting

Drift_Monkey
What about the gap between the slow drifters and the fast ones. Do you think people are getting slower?

I don't think that it has been as detrimental as you might think DM.

The people who are "slow" are that way by choice OR they lack the techniques (style and/or tuning) to be fast because they are new or not drifting all the time like we do. That's how I see it.

Twitch's comment about "who you drift with" is dead on... 👍

Just to clarify one thing, I want to point out that my first post in this thread was from the perspective of drifting in general. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think DM, you are referring more to the comp scene?

If that is the case, then my point is not quite as valid, as you don't exactly get to choose who you drift with in a comp. But I think that the solution to this lies more in the education of, as well as the standards held by, people who are judging comps, and that the problem is not solely the fault of the cars in question.

Last edited:
Just to clarify one thing, I want to point out that my first post in this thread was from the perspective of drifting in general. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think DM, you are referring more to the comp scene?

If that is the case, then my point is not quite as valid, as you don't exactly get to choose who you drift with in a comp. But I think the solution to this lies more in the education of, as well as the standards held by, people who are judging comps, and is not soley the fault of the cars in question.

Yes, I was stating the main problem being competition. The people judging can't really judge the same way they used to because things have changed. I think now in terms of comps we should start pairing off matches based on speed and styles, this would make things a lot more interesting and a lot more competitive for everyone. This way a fast person goes against another fast person then it gives them more of a challenge, the slower drifters go up against each other as well. This way as the competition progresses it gets tougher for each driver and it will also teach drivers how to be versatile. These days in competitions the hardest part is getting past first round. Make the competition about driver skill instead of tune and car.

But that would be a perfect competiton in my opinion. A lot of people prefer the challenge but the way I see it, it's not about who's better it's about challenging yourself. Take for example if a fast driver and a slower driver were to battle, a slow driver would try to get more angle to make the chase car straighten out. If a fast driver leads, he's going to try to out pace the follow car. It gets predictable, but if you put two similar drivers against each other things get interesting because now the playing field is level.

Last edited:
Back