Hyundai bumps the output of Genesis V8 by 10hp for 2010

If the Tau V8 was going into another hyundai, which one would be more sucsessful?

  • 2011 Hyundai sonata YF.

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 2010 Hyundai Azera limited.

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Neither, keep it strictly for the genesis and equss.

    Votes: 5 62.5%

  • Total voters
    8
  • Poll closed .
Messages
2,980
United States
Greensboro/NC/U
Messages
jarod336/GTP_torque
Messages
Paperorplastic/ manherollen
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/23/hyundai-bumps-the-output-of-genesis-v8-by-10hp-for-2010/

By all means hyundai is doing incredible thing's now, honestly, they managed to crank out 10 more horses from the 4.6 liter V8, Peaking it at 385 @ 6500 RPM.
That that literaly put's it right up and infront of the 2009 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550(in terms of performance)

Which is rated at 382 hp @ 6000 rpm, which is impressive but it's from a 5.5 liter V8, While the genesis 385 comes from a "Smaller" 4.6 liter, which is mind boggling. Even the Torque figures are almost the same.

As well with the curb weight.
2010 genesis 4406 Ibs
2009 S550 LWB 4630 Ibs

I would seriously be afraid of hyundai as an auto maker now.
They obviously know what they are doing, And there is even more power to be squeezed out of that TAU 4.6 before hyundai moves on to the 5.0 for the 8 speed genesis later in 2010.

You can't help but be impressed. seriously.
 
Hyundai has a v8 to tinker with?
 
Hyundai has a v8 to tinker with?
Yes the TAU V8 that they have been using in the genesis and will be using in the Equss. With all the money hyundai has raked in, I'm really not surprised they can do all this "spare" research and development now.

They have really more then impressed me now.
 
Hyundai really has stepped up their game no doubt about that
 
They need to put the TAU V8 in a sedan more the size of cars like the RS4 and C63 AMG. The Genesis is too big, it'd be cool if they had a sports sedan.:)
 
They need to put the TAU V8 in a sedan more the size of cars like the RS4 and C63 AMG. The Genesis is too big, it'd be cool if they had a sports sedan.:)
Since the sonata is the size of an RS4 and C63 AMG, i don't see the problem with that.
 
Since the sonata is the size of an RS4 and C63 AMG, i don't see the problem with that.

Except it's a FWD platform and not all that attractive.;)
 
A v8 Accent anyone?

Nah, that's too big....let's do a V8 Getz, converted to RWD of course. :D

hyundai_getz.jpg


+

hyundai-tau-v8-engine.jpg


=

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
 
They need to put the TAU V8 in a sedan more the size of cars like the RS4 and C63 AMG. The Genesis is too big, it'd be cool if they had a sports sedan.:)

It's the size of an E-class. A Hyundai sports sedan would be hilarious. I'd rather they stick to perfecting the sports coupe and executive sedan.
 
2010-Hyundai-Genesis-Coupe1.jpg


+

019_2009genesisv8_450op.jpg


>

2010-camaro-ss-1.jpg


Do it. >:3

((EDIT: and, yes, I did swap the 'stang for the Camaro. SS. Because I'm evil that way.))
 
Last edited:
^ Great idea, 385hp V8 Coupe FTW!!!
 
As always I love what Hyundai is doing these days and anytime they can have a power increase I'm all for it. I'm surprised they didn't try for the magical 400bhp number. Which would send the regular folks into a tailspin.
 
These things move quiet well already. You just kind of press the gas and then whooooosh and the speedo just keeps climbing. I'm not sure what it would sound like with a nice exhaust on it, but it's probably good.

EDIT: And then lower it, stuff some wheels with big lips under it...
 
2010-Hyundai-Genesis-Coupe1.jpg


+

019_2009genesisv8_450op.jpg


>

2010-camaro-ss-1.jpg


Do it. >:3

((EDIT: and, yes, I did swap the 'stang for the Camaro. SS. Because I'm evil that way.))

LSX
^ Great idea, 385hp V8 Coupe FTW!!!

It won't happen, or else they would have done it already. The V8 doesn't fit, that's why it's not in the coupe.

If Rhys Millen Racing could have fit the V8 in the front, instead of shoving it in the back, I bet they would have.
 
It won't happen, or else they would have done it already. The V8 doesn't fit, that's why it's not in the coupe.

If Rhys Millen Racing could have fit the V8 in the front, instead of shoving it in the back, I bet they would have.

They could have put it in the front, but the rear was a better option since they could then hotswap the entire drivetrain after removing a couple bolts. But the firewall would have to be moved anyway, so for the production car it would be totally unfeasible.
 
They could have put it in the front, but the rear was a better option since they could then hotswap the entire drivetrain after removing a couple bolts. But the firewall would have to be moved anyway, so for the production car it would be totally unfeasible.

They could have put in the front...maybe. But considerable modifications would have to be done.. But it has been said before by different sources that the reason Hyundai didn't put in the Coupe is that it simply doesn't fit - I added the RM460 Genesis as a bit conjecture. The sedan and coupe Genesis' are remarkably different. It makes me think that it would take more than just moving the firewall.

Popular Mechanics
The Genesis Coupe is not simply a two-door version of Hyundai’s Genesis sedan. While they share a name and are built in the same factory, little of the structure and none of the sheet metal is shared. This is good because the Coupe isn’t saddled with the sedan’s weight. Our V6 coupe weighed in at 3480 pounds—less than the sedan—and nearly 300 less than the Infiniti coupe. But because the two Hyundais are so different, it means that the sedan’s burly, optional 375-hp V8 won’t fit in the coupe.
 
Last edited:
Nah, that's too big....let's do a V8 Getz, converted to RWD of course. :D
Nope Accent for sure.... Converted to 4wd.... That'll wipe the smile of Sebastian Loebs face haha

Surely the Tiburon would be the only real model they could put it in aswell as their SUV range
 
Neither... I'd put it in the new i10.

800px-Hyundai_i10_--_07-02-2009.jpg

(Edit: for the simple reason that it handles much better than the woeful Getz and Accent)




....


...


..

.

What? I'm sure it'd fit... :lol:
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure what it would sound like with a nice exhaust on it, but it's probably good.


A Friend of mine, who's building a KDM vip genesis.







AMG worthy.
 
Neither... I'd put it in the new i10.

800px-Hyundai_i10_--_07-02-2009.jpg

(Edit: for the simple reason that it handles much better than the woeful Getz and Accent)




....


...


..

.

What? I'm sure it'd fit... :lol:



It would fit in Forza 3!
 
hence why Forza isn't (and never will be) The Real Driving Simulator ;) But, I'd love to see that engine in smaller, lighter chassis.. perhaps they could take lessons from Proto Motors and make a mid-engined V8 Hyundai of Doom. :drool:
 
Nope Accent for sure.... Converted to 4wd.... That'll wipe the smile of Sebastian Loebs face haha

Already been done. :cool: May I present to you, the Tony Rigoli Performance Hyundai Accent, powered by a 4G63 and full Evo drivetrain. :D

With manual gearbox....was still an unsorted 10sec car then.


With auto gearbox....this run was a 9.42.


Enjoy. :cool:
 
It would be cool!! But just one thing, as long as they keep the price sounds reasonable and of course, standard quality.

For example, the Hyundai Getz here in Malaysia costs something in the region of MYR70k. That is awfullly expensive for a small car!! I would rather get the Mk5 Golf GTI. And yet, the quality is a bit of a concern.... But this one really is sounds good 👍
 
Already been done. :cool: May I present to you, the Tony Rigoli Performance Hyundai Accent, powered by a 4G63 and full Evo drivetrain. :D

With manual gearbox....was still an unsorted 10sec car then.


With auto gearbox....this run was a 9.42.


Enjoy. :cool:


Oh my god. If only my Accent could do that...

I'm surprised his chassis is still in tact. Mine feels like it's going to fall apart at 80mph.
 
It would be cool!! But just one thing, as long as they keep the price sounds reasonable and of course, standard quality.

For example, the Hyundai Getz here in Malaysia costs something in the region of MYR70k. That is awfullly expensive for a small car!! I would rather get the Mk5 Golf GTI. And yet, the quality is a bit of a concern.... But this one really is sounds good 👍

:dopey: Mk5 GTI costs more than double that.
 
:dopey: Mk5 GTI costs more than double that.

Even if it's secondhand and has been crashed into a few trees... :lol:
 
:dopey: Mk5 GTI costs more than double that.

But you'll get satisfaction and the brand itself ;)

Here in Malaysia, the GTI costs something like MYR 120k so instead of spending 70k for a Hyundai that has a little bit of problem with it's reliability, better get the GTI which is far better IMO :)
 
But you'll get satisfaction and the brand itself ;)

Here in Malaysia, the GTI costs something like MYR 120k so instead of spending 70k for a Hyundai that has a little bit of problem with it's reliability, better get the GTI which is far better IMO :)

...which has a little bit of problem with reliability. And costs (triple?) to fix.
 
...which has a little bit of problem with reliability. And costs (triple?) to fix.

The spare parts aren't available here. So it has to be imported from Korea. Because of that, the pirce is also expensive!! For example. The costs of the entire 3 unit engine mounting is MYR1200 not including labour etc. What's that all about?? When I can fix my mom's Opel Zafira mounting for MYR850 left and right... Including labour that is.
 
Back