I admit... it's TOTALLY pointless, but it's fun... GT Car Sumo!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fade to Black
  • 42 comments
  • 2,668 views
Messages
75
Hi folks! :)

GT Car Sumo... so what's it all about?

Well, to play it, you'll need 2 players. Choose a place with a flat (ie no up/downhill bits) level surface. (eg; Test circuit) Pick your weapo... I mean, car. Line them up so that their front ends are touching each other, and brake. Rev those engines! Now PUSH your opponent into submission!

(I had great fun with this on GT3... and there's no way to guess which car is going to be good at car sumo in advance either... in GT3 it turned out that a (tuned) Audi S4 beat everything else on the track... including F1 cars, GT-ONE's, Escudos, etc!)

It's simple, it's fun... and surprisingly addictive! Give it a try one night... and see if YOU can find out which is the best "sumo" car in GT4!

Feel free to post your best "sumo car" in GT4 here... who knows we might eventually find GT4's champion car! ;)
 
Hmmm.... ken? Wanna?
 
s12ken
er........

C'mon, it'll be fun... (punches his brother sitting beside him at the office...) ...I'm laying my vote on my Dodge Ram at 600hp...
 
ditto... i'd say range stormer, but it's too lite (and again i say err......WTF!)
 
niky
C'mon, it'll be fun... (punches his brother sitting beside him at the office...) ...I'm laying my vote on my Dodge Ram at 600hp...

Don't forget R5 tires and TCS at max. Can't hurt to get some real bite...
 
Fully lowerd, all LSD set at full, TCS not necessary, it'll stop wheelspin forward, but at the points it kicks in, you'll lose momentum... will try to figure this out... this should be from a standing start, right? Just a tiny bit of run-up for either car may decide the victory.
 
Hmmm... about as useful as mud-drag-racing... but just as much fun... :lol:
 
this will be so fun with realistic damage, the winner could be decided by who crush most of their opponents car
 
Why not play burnout 3 instead :D heheh fun game for relax, take out your pent up agression on unwitting commuters :D
 
I would move this thread if there was a forum called "Ridiculous Things To Do With Gran Turismo", but there isn't :indiff: :sly:
 
Me and my brother used to do this on the test track in gt3, but we would set it so that the 400 meter mark hanging over the track was the centre of the course, then we would both reverse out to the next lines on the track, 200 and 600 i believe. YOu accelerate as fast as you can to the centre to crash then get sumoing!!! we had the run up because it can spin you about and give either person an advantage. then all you had to do was push them back to there line where they started from! We began to use dirty tricks too, like reverse ur car out the way so the other person accelerates up the track near the out zone then u go after them and sumo them out the ring.


Good Fun, Especially after a few beers :)
 
Uncle Harry
I wish PD had put Tractor Pull events in GT4.
Nothing like 4 turbine engines whining as they drag junk through the mud ;)

Why do you need 2 players? Just hold down X on both controllers....
 
this is such a cool thing. I used to do something similar on trial mountain in GT3... i'd take a fully boosted vanquish but not lightened and would join a sunday cup with all the small cars.. i..e. minis etc and would go reverse and smash them on the top of the hil after the tunnel in reverse.. it was really fun!

but this is such a cool idea, I wish i knew kids in my village that played the game.. or actually knew anyone.. no one speaks english or french where i live.. so i'll have to wait for when i have friends fover..!
 
ExigeExcel
Nothing like 4 turbine engines whining as they drag junk through the mud ;)

Why do you need 2 players? Just hold down X on both controllers....

Coughs as he says "redneck"

Was that sheep good for you? "Not baaaad!"

This is just silly! All I can say is: "Fill your boots!" :)
 
Hmmm Impreza vs Lancer = Impreza winning.. but pushing the lancer at 2 mph = boring..
 
Hell, we're about to start right now... :lol: Ken just bought a damn Dodge Ram... he's going to match me pound for pound!
 
I'd put my money on a decent powered 4wd car than a high powered rear wheel drive.
This event is all about finding the BALANCE bewtween HP and traction.
 
S31Ender
I'd put my money on a decent powered 4wd car than a high powered rear wheel drive.
This event is all about finding the BALANCE bewtween HP and traction.

I'm not gonna be scientific about it - just pick two cars and have fun!! it's almost like playing skittles, when one player has a hugely powerful car, and the other drives something with about 20bhp... 200mph collisions :crazy: :dopey:
 
S31Ender
I'd put my money on a decent powered 4wd car than a high powered rear wheel drive.
This event is all about finding the BALANCE bewtween HP and traction.


I put the Impreza STI up against the DB9.. the DB9 won..
 
lol I tryed this before in GT3, with an Esperante and the Suzuki Escudo on Midfeild raceway. I used the Esperante and my brother used the escudo. I rammed into the escudo, and this car (escudo) went flying in the air lol. I wish I'd took a pic of it to show. By the way, the escudo had some crazy settings on it, maybe thats why it flew in the air, also very light.
 
S31Ender
...This event is all about finding the BALANCE bewtween HP and traction.

Balance, schmalance. Seems to me you would just want to figure out which of the heavier AWD cars has the most HP. This is all about brute force, I would think.
 
The Tank Car will win!
 
Niky and I did it last night, My Ram against his Ram... well mine won! :D 200kg of weight up front + 4wd + Sports sof tyres and a whole bunch a sheet'll learn 'im!

also did Escudo vs my Ram... my ram won, funny thing here... i was on my breaks and the escudo failed to nudge me even 1 inch, soon as i hit the gas we're bot moving at about 30 Kph, the escudo was going the other way too,, tires a spinnin!
 
Zardoz
Balance, schmalance. Seems to me you would just want to figure out which of the heavier AWD cars has the most HP. This is all about brute force, I would think.

Dodge Ram... + 200kg of weight ALLL in front + 4wd = hella fun!
 
Stupid RAM... I had mine set-up for good rear-wheel traction, with a VCD... big mistake... but after about five minutes of pushing, (with me losing big time) his RAM is on red tires and still winning.

Oh yeah, should see 700hp RAM versus 1000hp Viper at 200+ mph... it is JUST like Skittles... :lol:

Now I've got to find another truck to fight with...
 
Fade to Black, you've got yourself a damn cool thread here. Awesome, simply awesome.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

I wonder whether we'll find the very best sumo car in GT4? And then you start modifying them especially for sumo matches.... :lol:
 
niky
Stupid RAM... I had mine set-up for good rear-wheel traction, with a VCD... big mistake... but after about five minutes of pushing, (with me losing big time) his RAM is on red tires and still winning.

Oh yeah, should see 700hp RAM versus 1000hp Viper at 200+ mph... it is JUST like Skittles... :lol:

Now I've got to find another truck to fight with...
:lol:

There's no weight on the back of a Pick-up truck!
 
s12ken
also did Escudo vs my Ram... my ram won, funny thing here... i was on my breaks and the escudo failed to nudge me even 1 inch, soon as i hit the gas we're bot moving at about 30 Kph, the escudo was going the other way too,, tires a spinnin!

Hmmm. Thinks: Looks like weight is the key then. The more the merrier. All that Yank heavy metal could be useful for something after all!!!
 
Back