I admit... it's TOTALLY pointless, but it's fun... GT Car Sumo!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fade to Black
  • 42 comments
  • 2,668 views
I put 200kg of ballast in the back of my RAM, going for more rear wheel bite, but it appears that front-mounted weight gives more push, as the balance of that weight shifts from 80/20 to 60/40 when pushing another car... :(
 
What bout jey leno tank car vs the dodge ram that wud b cool mate
💡
 
James2097
Fade to Black, you've got yourself a damn cool thread here. Awesome, simply awesome.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

I wonder whether we'll find the very best sumo car in GT4? And then you start modifying them especially for sumo matches.... :lol:

*grinning* Why thank you James! 👍 I was wandering the boards one night and it dawned on me, I'd never seen anyone mention this idea... figured some people might enjoy trying it... I think of it as GT4's unofficial coffee break! *laughing*

I truthfully have NO idea which car/truck's gonna win this... or indeed if tuning the car's will help or make it worse! But I'm as interested as anything to see which car turns out to be the true GT4 sumo champion! :D

I noticed the Dodge Ram seems to be the weapon of choice (at the moment) wonder if ayone remembers that Orange Range Rover... (or was it a Land Rover... I forget :D) unlightened it's about 2,500Kg... might have some serious grunt against that Ram (well named car that, for Sumo :lol: )


It's good to see it's already bringing out the fun, yet competitive side in some people too! :)

(wonders how a Daihatsu Midget MK I would fare against a Ram :D)

Battle Royale Sumo's to try!

Daimler verses Bentley - battle of the 1hp beasts!

GT40 LM1 vs GT40 LM2. Winner to play against GT40 (60's)

Dodge Viper (original) Vs Dodge Viper SRT10 - who's really got the muscle..?

And many many more! :) Have fun! ;)
 
hmm. nice idea FTB.... with the weight ballast on the ram, it weighs just as heavy as the Range Stormer.... NIKY! you and me and the range stormer!!!!

(pictures midget being tossed about 1000meters in the distance!
 
wow...me and my best friend have been doing this since nascar thunder 2000 into gt3, and now gt4, so it's safe to say i have some serious sumo experience. 👍 trucks aren't great because they have a high center of gravity and are therefore more movable than their lower, similar weight counterparts. use the heaviest car, wagon, whatever you can find and you should destroy trucks.
 
I'm going to wait for Ken to post our Viper vs. Ram pics before I say anything...
 
I know that, that's why i ballasted the whole front end of the dodge, plus with the brakes planted the escudo never budged me an inch... :D It was a pretty much one sided battle... when i still had tires, once miy tires were in the red i could still push, but onyl a little :D
 
Uncle Harry
I wish PD had put Tractor Pull events in GT4.

Same here!!!!! The unlimited semi tractorpulls are the epitome of redneck entertainment!!!!! :dopey: :drool: :crazy: 👍
 
I do this with my brother!
But differantly instead of the cars nose to nose pushing it's more of a thing like this:

we line up nose to nose on some sort of marker(like a checkpoint or start finish line) then reverse away from each other for 5 seconds, stop, then floor it!
The winner is who gets flinged the least from the starting point!
 
Hmm... my Range Stormer needs a little setting up.. :)
 
I tried lancer rally car v impreza rally it was really tight they hardley moved
 
Back