I always go out wide

• Thread starter GT5David17
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
GTP_David17
I'm learning to drift using the G27 and no matter what I do I keep going out wide. I try using the e-brake and sliding into the corner. I go out wide. I drive slowly and try to power over. I go out wide.

What am I doing wrong?

What do you mean ? As in you end up taking a wider line then you want to, or you are going so wide you fly off the track ?

fly off the track

Are you using CH tires ?

This could be the result of a couple of things such as...

Not letting your wheel slip through your hands enough. If you don't let the wheel rotate enough, the tires wont point in the direction of the corner as much as you want. If the wheels aren't properly adjusted to pull you through a tight corner, you will go wide.

If you start the drift to late, you might not even have enough time to let the wheel rotate. If you don't have enough time to let the wheel rotate, you will end up off track. It should feel as you start the drift before the corner so you are ready to feel the rest of the corner through.

I don't know exactly what your doing wrong as I haven't seen you drift, just keep at it and feel it out.
Its very frustrating to learn drifting with a wheel, but very rewarding in the end ;)

Are you using CH tires ?

This could be the result of a couple of things such as...

Not letting your wheel slip through your hands enough. If you don't let the wheel rotate enough, the tires wont point in the direction of the corner as much as you want. If the wheels aren't properly adjusted to pull you through a tight corner, you will go wide.

If you start the drift to late, you might not even have enough time to let the wheel rotate. If you don't have enough time to let the wheel rotate, you will end up off track. It should feel as you start the drift before the corner so you are ready to feel the rest of the corner through.

I don't know exactly what your doing wrong as I haven't seen you drift, just keep at it and feel it out.
Its very frustrating to learn drifting with a wheel, but very rewarding in the end ;)

Yeah I'm using comfort hard's. It might be that I'm not letting the wheel slide through my hands but this is because when I let it slide too much the car just spins around (even when I let go off the accelerator) or it cuts the corner

And yeah, it is really frustrating.

Yeah I'm using comfort hard's. It might be that I'm not letting the wheel slide through my hands but this is because when I let it slide too much the car just spins around (even when I let go off the accelerator) or it cuts the corner

And yeah, it is really frustrating.

You got to find that balance, that sweet spot. Throttle control is also key.
Good Luck !

would be more than happy to teach you how to use the G27. as ive posted in an earlier section im willing to help and train all new comers to the steering wheel.ive got 1 graduate who is drifting on a pro level in a period of 6weeks. feel free to add me on the PSN or inbox here for more details.

Back