I am loving all of this activity from PD

  • Thread starter Thread starter John_Marsten
  • 55 comments
  • 3,974 views
Messages
549
Australia
Where i'm at
Messages
xmalcolmpowderx
With near six months of nothing from PD, this new found hive of activity is very pleasing.

I really hope they strike back with what they are truly capable of.

What are your thoughts on this outburst of news and activity from PD?
 
It's just crazy. NOW, I'm beginning to think that GT6 is about as important as GT7, when I was thinking that GT7/Prologue was being pushed for the most part. It still can be, but it definitely means that GT6 isn't going to be getting table scraps and leftovers from their PS4 game.

In particular, the FIA partnership is mind boggling, and almost exactly what I've been asking for. What I hope develops out of it is a microcosm of many classes of FIA racing in mini-seasons leading to championships. And with it, the delivery of Race Mod and the Livery Editor to allow us to create our own FIA Class specific race cars. Short of that, deliver through DLC a bunch of base model cars from these various classes which we can slap liveries on to make our own racing identities. Then of course, comes the anticipated online Club and League builder tools, along with the Event Maker and Course Maker II, so we can create our own leagues.

I'm dreaming of course, but if you look at the Questions for Kaz board, below the inevitable sound thread, the next two most asked questions are for the Course Maker and Livery Editor. Both are entirely doable on PS3. Well, some sort of Course Maker anyhow, and I'd think just as doable are the Event Maker and Race Mod. The online Club and League Builder Tools might take some extra work, but I don't think those would be as much trouble as a good damage build.
 
Your GTP name brings back good memories of Red Dead Redemption. I was never crazy about the wild west but man, Rockstar knows how to make an excellent game. It's not even a game. It's art.

Anyway I'm just hoping for Course Creator more than anything else. I love having Red Bull Ring but only when there are competent drifters who realize the need to slow down quite a bit in some of the corners rather than bashing the person scoring big points.

My PS3 died this morning during a replay I was recording. The replay was playing but none of the buttons on the controller were affecting anything on screen and the controller light was on fine. I quit the game and the GT6 disc icon wouldn't show and the disc drive made an eject noise when I tried to re-load it. I did a system file restore. Nothing. I vacuumed the dusty ports. Nothing. I put in a DVD and that did work. So I bought a new laser and it's going to be about a week or two before I get back on :(
 
It's really encouraging. Communication is the first step and PD has now taken it. The era of develop in a vacuum and toss it over the wall seems to be over. :cheers:
:gtpflag:👍

I'd like to think the shift in direction was made because it's the right thing to do but suspect that the reality is probably that some business type at Sony started asking why isn't this version selling as well as its predecessors.
 
Last edited:
I have been slow on the uptake to a PS3 and still been using GT4 on the PS2 until a few weeks ago.
Since GT5 went "online" for content and updates, I knew that when it came time to upgrade to PS3 and GT6, I'd be waiting a few months until some of the bugs were patched out and extra content added.

I've never played GT6 before the 1.09 update, so unlike others who bought it at release, I've never had the 6-7 months of feeling "let down" or ripped off.
I've jumped straight in with all the senna, RBR and great seasonal content ready to go.

Although i haven;t bothered tuning my cars yet until they stop playing with toe/ camber. I feel (hope) 1.10 will be different again.
 
While the recent activity is nice to see and all, there's still quite a bit PD has to do to make up for their long period of stagnancy over the last 3 or so months. I'm still waiting for that Course creator and those "community features".
 
It's great John. The past few weeks had some people claiming they were done with GT6 & PD. They jumped the gun don't you think?
Yep. I had a gun, and I jumped it.

Oh well, we all make mistakes.

I am absolutley loving this action though, the pitstop forum, the new content, the news!!! its all happenening here, the buzz, the tension, the atmosphere!!!
 
I suggest you get your body ready @John_Marsten. I smell things coming the way of this thread.

Anyway, PD has been on quite the roll recently, offering up new things to add into the many variables already present in the game. However, some things that are supposed to be given to us at some point are still missing, but I doubt it will stay that way for long.
 
PD seems to go the right way and as much as I love the new content, there is also something going on I do not like too much.

Since I do a lot of Nürburg 24' races (S-class) I am pretty familiar with all what is going on.
Regularly I see changes which I don't really like. I have no idea why these changes are being made (or at least I am not sure why).
For instance:

Activity during pitstops:
While all pitcrews were fully active at first, the activity now has been drastically reduced.
When driving by, you see the crews stand by, but once you pas them, they magically dissappear en the pit doors are closed. Only your own pitcrew was present and active.
At one point, during a few days, even the cars begins you were not visible.
PD probably tried to hide the effect by disabling the rear view. But even in the mirrors you see what is (not) happening.
When you enter the pits in let's say fifth position, you see the other crews working at the cars, but once you pass them: no more crews, closed garage doors, just some cars... Look like ghost city.

Then update 1.09 finally gave us spray (which had been missing from the beginning of the game).
The first day it looked great, really detailed. From the second day on, the spray is more bright and you see all horizontal lines in it, starting from the track, going up to car height.

Next change: the scenery behind you gradually dissappears completely, leaving only the track. Not so obvious because of all the corners at the Ring, but when you are entering the long straight, it becomes very obvious: you drive under the Audi bridge and a few 100 meters later the bridge and trees ar gone, not fading, just gone. Using back view in bumper cam there is not a big problem because the effect is hidden by the spray, but since you never see spray in the backview mirror (why ?) it is very clear.

Another change: since headlights are compulsory on the Ring lights are always on. Since the last update you start with headlights off and they switch on after the first corner. Not an issue, but - always starting at Ex-Muhle in the third lap - headlights start flashing and turn off and on. Very disturbing.

So, why all these changes ? I like none of them. If PD could/would explain because this is not heading in the right direction I'm afraid....

Speaking of changes: yesterday (I made no changes to any of the settings), several cars felt as if I was ice karting - totally different feel. Since I drive these cars a lot I immediately felt the difference (speaking only about the 24' race at the ring).

So no, I'm NOT loving all of PD's activity
 
"GT6 had been abandonned by PD" is over ? :(

:D

More seriously, since the announcement, PoDi managed, very well.

They learned a lot from their mistakes, especially on communication. There were still some problems but now, we are close to perfection.

About the game, it's even better than I thought. They were pretty quiet at the beginning, for one or two months as all developers but then they accelerated. 2 or 3 big bugs have been fixed, more and more free content ....When you see some like Naughty Dog that sell $5 a difficulty mode, I can only applaud PoDi. Many developers should take their example.

Here, some speak of a unfinished game but it no longer exists. Almost all games need a patch and almost all games have at least one DLC. The mode of development has changed, it's much more difficult today and more expensive, so much doing things well.

It's suitable for developers and it's also suitable to me. I prefer to play after 3 years and have content later rather wait 5 years anyway have content and patches after ....

Yes, you have to be patient but in the end, we're all happy just to see reactions from 2-3 months.
 
Last edited:
Me too, I just saw that the Aston Martin DP-100 is coming.

Unveiled 27/06/14.

212ehxs.jpg
 
If the FIA partnership produces anything of real worth to us GT players, then I'll be happy, but I'm not going to "jump the gun" regarding it. If the FIA persuade PD to implement a real world flag system, drive through penalties, & some actual motorsport into GT6, then I'll be happy.

As for all the other stuff, the only thing that has personally been of any benefit is the new track, it's pretty awesome & great to race online.


👍
 
Last edited:
I kinda figured that once gt5 support dropped they would focus on gt6. It is nice to see the consistency of new 'free' content.
 
I always kept my eye on what PD were doing to GT6 through GTP since its release. I don't feel ripped off as I've not been playing it all the time since it's release, I've been playing other games and my PS4 to take my attention away. I've downloaded all the updates and taken the good ones and bad ones with a grain of salt and now that PD are becoming more open with fans with their blog and there is more content being teased and shown and then released in updates I still can't believe we haven't got to any paid DLC yet.
 
VBR
If the FIA partnership produces anything of real worth to us GT players, then I'll be happy, but I'm not going to "jump the gun" regarding it. If the FIA persuade PD to implement a real world flag system, drive through penalties, & some actual motorsport into GT6, then I'll be happy.

As for all the other stuff, the only thing that has personally been of any benefit is the new track, it's pretty awesome & great to race online.
👍
After WRC, Jeff Gordon, Top Gear etc., it's pretty hard to get excited about anything real life crossing over into GT other than cars and tracks. They've already shown many times in the past they are in to this stuff more for the prestige of being associated with a "name" and the advertising bang they get as a result, than for any real improvements to the game.
Perhaps this one will be different, a real flag system would be great but with the AI we have, kind of pointless at the same time. Probably a GT7 thing at best.
 
...a real flag system would be great but with the AI we have, kind of pointless at the same time.

I was kind of hoping it would be implemented game-wide, not just for one event.


... good stuff cannot be rushed... things dont just happen overnight...

I wonder if they could turn SRF off everywhere in GT "overnight", that would be good! :p
 
If they introduce a full flag system and better AI for racing. this game is gonna be damn hard to beat.
 
Patience patience my friends... good stuff cannot be rushed... things dont just happen overnight...

Lets chill and stop with this "giveit to me now" mentality...
For once, I am actually going to adopt this train of thought. Asking them to rush, and demanding features, cars e.t.c NOW only sets me up for dissapointment.

If you build it.....they will come.....
 
I honestly can't really say I consider there to have been a "lot" of activity myself. A bunch of Vision crap and a smattering of vehicles and one track. The track I AM thankful for and I guess the added cars but have yet to try any of them as none of them catch my interest. Just my honest answer as I'd rather see some REAL progress like them actually delivering the content we PAID FOR originally although any improvement in physics is welcome but still, hardly a "lot". Making more promises about supposed upcoming content is still just that: talk. The FIA thing sounds like nothing more than advertising. :):cheers:

So basically, a little bit of candy and promises and the fact that half the game is STILL missing 7 months later is forgotten? Waiting over half a year and still no sign of it ever happening is hardly "Give it to me now." I'm still enjoying the game to be honest but really all I see lately is that there is still no sign that PD will ever add the missing content. I suspect all these empty "announcements" are meant to cover that up and it seems it's working.
 
Last edited:
We got new track in last update so why not to expect same in next update? 💡
 
Yeah I'm loving it.

Today is my "play GT6 all day" day. Initially I was going to test drive every Vision GT car, but quite frankly, there are just too damn many! Same for all the new DLC tracks - one a month is just plain ludicrous. Overwhelmed, I decided to spend a few hours creating a really spectacular course. Before I tested it I used the KW suspension rig to tune my ride. As my course was not FIA sanctioned I quickly lost interest in it and decided to have some lunch, so I set up a B-Spec race to run in my absence. Just I was buttering my bread in the kitchen I heard an almighty racket - a beautiful V8 with an awesome sound especially during the down shifts. I rushed outside to catch a glimpse of this roaring, rambunctious, racket emitting behemoth, but there was not a car on the road. Embarrassed, I went back inside and as I did so the noise grew louder. My curiosity piqued, I entered my man cave of which this clamorous cacophony was now clearly the source. Lo an behold, this mystery sound was none other than the Mustang I had selected for my B-Spec race. Of course! Only Gran Turismo could auditorily fool me like that. Utter perfection.
 
I doubt GT6 is stopping the content for at least a year, which should be enough time for all VGTs to come out and the rest of the stuff. As for the game itself, they have to bring something major because most people including myself have pretty much played the game to death. Sure new content will increase the lifespan, but only by a little at least for me. I find myself playing less and less, only hoarding credits sometimes to buy cars, after I get the Autobarmy trophy I might move on to something else.

Either way, hope PD keeps on coming because they are on fire!

P.S. I hope there WON'T be a flag system for GT6, penalties are annoying enough, adding flags to the mix will just make it near unbearable.
 
Yeah I'm loving it.

Today is my "play GT6 all day" day. Initially I was going to test drive every Vision GT car, but quite frankly, there are just too damn many! Same for all the new DLC tracks - one a month is just plain ludicrous. Overwhelmed, I decided to spend a few hours creating a really spectacular course. Before I tested it I used the KW suspension rig to tune my ride. As my course was not FIA sanctioned I quickly lost interest in it and decided to have some lunch, so I set up a B-Spec race to run in my absence. Just I was buttering my bread in the kitchen I heard an almighty racket - a beautiful V8 with an awesome sound especially during the down shifts. I rushed outside to catch a glimpse of this roaring, rambunctious, racket emitting behemoth, but there was not a car on the road. Embarrassed, I went back inside and as I did so the noise grew louder. My curiosity piqued, I entered my man cave of which this clamorous cacophony was now clearly the source. Lo an behold, this mystery sound was none other than the Mustang I had selected for my B-Spec race. Of course! Only Gran Turismo could auditorily fool me like that. Utter perfection.
I see what you did there:sly:
bikini-girl-dancing-gets-pushed-out-of-the-way.gif
 
Back