I am loving all of this activity from PD

  • Thread starter Thread starter John_Marsten
  • 55 comments
  • 3,974 views
Haven't even been on here like that, but find it extremely funny when people go from giving up on GT6 to "Well they're finally listening to us etc etc." I still haven't had a reason to go back and re-purchase the GT6 I gave up back in March, and honestly unless they fix the horrid A.I and add the features as others have mentioned before me. There really is no reason to jump back into GT6 at this point.
 
I honestly can't really say I consider there to have been a "lot" of activity myself. A bunch of Vision crap and a smattering of vehicles and one track. The track I AM thankful for and I guess the added cars but have yet to try any of them as none of them catch my interest. Just my honest answer as I'd rather see some REAL progress like them actually delivering the content we PAID FOR originally although any improvement in physics is welcome but still, hardly a "lot". Making more promises about supposed upcoming content is still just that: talk. The FIA thing sounds like nothing more than advertising. :):cheers:

So basically, a little bit of candy and promises and the fact that half the game is STILL missing 7 months later is forgotten? Waiting over half a year and still no sign of it ever happening is hardly "Give it to me now." I'm still enjoying the game to be honest but really all I see lately is that there is still no sign that PD will ever add the missing content. I suspect all these empty "announcements" are meant to cover that up and it seems it's working.
I do agree with you on some points, I am just happy that they are starting to at least communicate with us. They are also delivering content (whether you like the content or not is an individual thing, I personally do not care for the Senna stuff) at a rate that is unheard of for PD, so thats a HUGE plus for me.
 
I have mixed opinions about this. It's cool and all but it feels somewhat redundant when the game remains incomplete, especially after GT5's burial. Give us community features, B-Spec, and bug fixes first. Until then, Vision GT, FIA certification, GPS Visualizing, etc. makes me wonder who they are trying to please the most. I appreciate how driving gradually is becoming the essence here but I miss the fundamental GT game.
 
I was also one that thought the floodgates "might" open after the GT5 burial if even for no other reason than to try and boost sales.

We do need more content for sure though. My days lately have been filled with absolutely nothing but Red Bull grind at Silverstone to buy more cars and do more grinding. It's so bad I now feel like I missed something if I don't grind out a million cr at some point during the day. And when I drop below $45,000,000 I MUST top it back up lol.

Right now even new tracks are a bit blah because of the grid selections. I tried to run the new Toyota TS at Red Bull ring and was the only LMS on the track. Couple of rally cars, a GT500 car, not even any GT3 cars. Then I ran the GT3 GTR and 2 LMS cars show up in the grid. Rawr, just give me a feild of the same class would ya PD?! Or at least the option to choose.

Anyway though... I tweeted the heck out of Kaz and SONY execs for about 2 months straight begging for communication. Far be it for me to think it had any part in the fact that they are doing it now finally but I am happy somebody got them to do it.

Ya I want the stuff that was advertised but right now I am happy they are at least starting to talk. Keep it up PD/SONY, thank you.
 
I was also one that thought the floodgates "might" open after the GT5 burial if even for no other reason than to try and boost sales.

We do need more content for sure though. My days lately have been filled with absolutely nothing but Red Bull grind at Silverstone to buy more cars and do more grinding. It's so bad I now feel like I missed something if I don't grind out a million cr at some point during the day. And when I drop below $45,000,000 I MUST top it back up lol.

Right now even new tracks are a bit blah because of the grid selections. I tried to run the new Toyota TS at Red Bull ring and was the only LMS on the track. Couple of rally cars, a GT500 car, not even any GT3 cars. Then I ran the GT3 GTR and 2 LMS cars show up in the grid. Rawr, just give me a feild of the same class would ya PD?! Or at least the option to choose.

Anyway though... I tweeted the heck out of Kaz and SONY execs for about 2 months straight begging for communication. Far be it for me to think it had any part in the fact that they are doing it now finally but I am happy somebody got them to do it.

Ya I want the stuff that was advertised but right now I am happy they are at least starting to talk. Keep it up PD/SONY, thank you.
I feel the same. As much as I want the advertised features like the track creator and Zahara, this communication and the pace at which this new content has come out is a great start.

GT used to be Number 1 in my eyes. Its taken a slip of late, but I have faith that Kaz and PD can reclaim the console driving/racing genre throne once more.:cheers:
 
All that waiting while much of the time I was busy with school...it's great we're seeing a flurry of new GT6 content coming in just about every week or two. But I still want that Course Maker and 16-player arcade... (>_<)
 
PD gives us many huge surprises, I haven't expected a thing like Red Bull Ring, Toyota TS030, 80's track layout, partnership with FIA, etc. and maybe some surprise will come shortly :bowdown:
 
Well, actually pretty much is happening during the last few weeks.
Some updates with finally good stuff (new stuff, finally fixing camer (after 6 months -.-),...) and also that FIA thingy could be something. Same to all upcoming VGTs in last weeks.
Also due that PitStop Blog finally a communication from PD to the community is there. Stll not a support, but they can tell us atleast something happends there. (http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/article/5)

On the other hand, on the past (actually already before releasing GT6) they made various announcements that have never been topic again, like livery editor, course maker, far better online management,...

So I am still unsure about what's happening at PD these days, at least there are two options:
1. they got it, handling with fans and community was absolutly worse and they decided to change to a "normal" way like almost any other studio does...
2. the understood the way they choosed kills the GT-brand, so the do some look-a-like stuff to calm the fans an bring themselves back into some "good" news...
 
I still don't understand how many here seem to fall for the dangling carrot trick, or at least that's what it feels like. You guys need to continue to stay on PD as of right now the updates they've been giving out would just be normal DLC as in something like an extra car or track which is technically what they've given us.

You shouldn't be ready to bow down as someone had an emoticon with. Because as of right now you still only have like 40% or 50% of the game that you've paid $60 for.
 
I still don't understand how many here seem to fall for the dangling carrot trick, or at least that's what it feels like. You guys need to continue to stay on PD
I think something along the lines of "Thank you PD, please keep up the good work" would be more encouraging to a team working their tailpipes off for us. I hope you don't mean to continue complaining, because grouching after you get gifts is really bad form.
 
Well I must admit that I was one who had lost some faith with this game, I had it tucked away and near enough forgotten about in a cupboard for over 2 months until the Senna content arrived. As nice as it was though I was bored of it after completing it and could see no further value in it. Add to that the fact the Lotus can't be used in any events and it made me put the game away again.

But then slowly my faith was installed again, Vision GT showing a resurgence, new info about Goodwood and now the FIA and of course not forgetting last Wednesdays awesome update, what a gem that was! Not only the content but the fact some previously bad to drive cars are now brilliant. I hope GT7 doesn't come for a long while yet!
 
Last edited:
@Zuku I get what you're saying. It's just that were finally a little more encouraged that the stuff we paid for might actually still be coming since many of us had started to write it off as not ever coming.

I think this movement of late is a sign that they are still working on a ton of stuff and that gives hope to alot of us. We're not laying down on the other features just happy to finally have "something" and cautiously optimistic about the other missing content.
 
I think something along the lines of "Thank you PD, please keep up the good work" would be more encouraging to a team working their tailpipes off for us. I hope you don't mean to continue complaining, because grouching after you get gifts is really bad form.

I don't even own the game any longer because I could wait 6+ months or longer for a Course Maker and other features promised. So I did what I thought was right and returned the game because of that.

I'm not necessarily complaining as I'm just saying stay on them if I pay $60 for a product and it's not $60 worth of content(you know when you get your money worth of a product or service).

Yes say Thank you, but don't be an *** kisser if you catch my drift that's how I see some being on here cause all it does is say that PD can continue to screw ya over.
 
I think something along the lines of "Thank you PD, please keep up the good work" would be more encouraging to a team working their tailpipes off for us. I hope you don't mean to continue complaining, because grouching after you get gifts is really bad form.
What gifts? The VGT cars and Senna content was promised before the game released so it's part of the original package and part of the original purchase agreement we all made. Seeing as how we were promised monthly track DLC and it takes 6 months to get one new track, it darn well should be free. If we get the Course Maker, Communities and all the other promised content it does nothing more than get us to what they promised when we bought the game. When we get much more content that we were originally promised, then there will be something to shout about.
 
What gifts? The VGT cars and Senna content was promised before the game released so it's part of the original package and part of the original purchase agreement we all made. Seeing as how we were promised monthly track DLC and it takes 6 months to get one new track, it darn well should be free. If we get the Course Maker, Communities and all the other promised content it does nothing more than get us to what they promised when we bought the game. When we get much more content that we were originally promised, then there will be something to shout about.

DLC with Ellie - 9 months after release -, difficulty mode, etc..

And yet, it was announced before release of The Last of Us, Naughty Dog was not shy to make us pay for these contents .....

PoDi was not obliged to make these free contents, no.
 
Last edited:
What gifts? The VGT cars and Senna content was promised before the game released so it's part of the original package and part of the original purchase agreement we all made. Seeing as how we were promised monthly track DLC and it takes 6 months to get one new track, it darn well should be free. If we get the Course Maker, Communities and all the other promised content it does nothing more than get us to what they promised when we bought the game. When we get much more content that we were originally promised, then there will be something to shout about.
Well written Johnny. I have to say that I do agree with you, and I am trying to keep this little spark of optimism alive.

Although I had lost pretty much all my faith in the series and PD, this surge of activity (although minor in some eyes) is slowly rebuilding the foundations of my hope for the series.:nervous:

I just really hope that this is not some "dangling the carrot" trick by PD. I hope that are are now working on the major features that were advertised.

COME ON PD!! KEEP ON BUILDING ON WHAT YOU HAVE STARTED! 👍
 
I'm glad PD are opening up. In the AMA he straight up told us that the sounds would be ready for GT7. If this was the old PD they wouldn't have said a word. As much flak as they're getting for the standards issue right now, this is really unprecedented and a bold step forward for the company.
 
It's great to see so many news coming up in the last days. Interesting times ahead! I'd love to see some more things for now instead of next month/next year/next game-stuff, 'though.
 
What's the deal? It is Wednesday and there's nothing new to talk about. After last week's adventures, this week is a drag.
 
What's the deal? It is Wednesday and there's nothing new to talk about. After last week's adventures, this week is a drag.

Guess we will get an update a week or two from now.
 
What gifts? The VGT cars and Senna content was promised before the game released so it's part of the original package and part of the original purchase agreement we all made.

C'mon, Johnny. Let him live in a fantasy world where PD is a non-profit that is doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. Be sure to send them a thank-you card, OK? Kaz has been sad lately and only your encouragement can make him happy again.
 
C'mon, Johnny. Let him live in a fantasy world where PD is a non-profit that is doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. Be sure to send them a thank-you card, OK? Kaz has been sad lately and only your encouragement can make him happy again.
I think your sarcasm is a bit overbaked.

I tell you what. You guys complain every time we get an update if you want. I suppose that's the cool thing to do around here. I'm going to choose to be excited, thankful, and optimistic on the future. And I think I'm a happier camper for it, and more of what this place really needs. I really think there's an overabundance of gloom and grinching here, and if that's cool, I just won't be cool.
 
I wonder if we will get a few more real cars and a new track soon?
 
DLC with Ellie - 9 months after release -, difficulty mode, etc..

And yet, it was announced before release of The Last of Us, Naughty Dog was not shy to make us pay for these contents .....

PoDi was not obliged to make these free contents, no.

ND annouced TLoU DLC as paid.

PD announced that the Senna content and VGTs would be free.

I'd say both companies were obliged to stick to their word.
 
Back