I can't believe this happened. Ridiculous.

  • Thread starter Thread starter careface
  • 56 comments
  • 5,090 views
Don't mind the PD apologists though, when they can't counter your legitimate complaints with real arguments, they just resort to insults. Just put them in your ignore list. 👍

We've given plenty of arguments. All of which, decimates your pathetic excuse of a legitimate complaint. Fact remains that if you press a button, it's your fault. Not the developer. If we go by your logic, every single time the player makes a mistake by pressing the wrong button, he/she should blame PD for not having implemented a confirmation menu.

I suppose when you crash, you blame PD too, because they didn't give you a rewind feature. Damn those evil people for not taking precaution for your every mistake, huh? Try and take some responsibiliy for your own actions for once in your life...

And seeing as I've already stated that there's plenty of gameplay related things in GT5 to critizise PD for, then your whole "PD apologists" theory, kind of falls flat to the ground.
 
No. There's a difference between legitimate complaints and blindly bashing the OP and defending PD's crappy design decisions without arguments.

Then again, that's why we have ignore lists. 👍

Look, it's obvious a confirmation would help, but don't think you're any better than the so-called "apologists" resorting to insults if it's all you can do yourself.

The fact is, it wouldn't have happened if they'd pressed continue instead of exit. That's user-error confounded by a lack of a safety net. If they'd pressed continue and it quit instead, maybe it's totally PD's fault.

That's why I try to pause via the PS-button instead of Start, unless I need to quit, restart or change settings. But I agree that "exit" could do with a confirmation anyway.
 
I suppose when you crash, you blame PD too, because they didn't give you a rewind feature.

What a hilarious and horrible connection you're trying to make. I bet you thought it sounded good and witty didn't you? And I'd appreciate it if you didn't make assumptions about my personal life and how I should "take responsibility for my actions for once in my life".

Get :censored:ed.
 
The problem only exists when people lack the mental capacity to think before performing an action. Thus taking 1-2 seconds to think before pressing a button, eliminates the problem. You people must have such easy lives when you have this much time to whine about such petty things. Once again, the problem is caused by you, not the game. If there were a confirmation menu, people would complain (whine), that they had to go through that, whenever they wanted to restart a race. Even if the confirmation menu only existed for the endurance races, people would still complain about it.

So stop your whining and move on with you lives god damnit.

So it's better for there to not be a confirmation because people would complain about having to click one extra button? But it's unacceptable for people to suggest that there should be one minor extra step to help prevent one accidental button press from causing such a major problem? Interesting point of view: we shouldn't complain about anything because it's not fair to suggest anybody should do anything that people might complain about.

And you seem to have missed the very clear part where I said it was his fault, just like any mistake I've ever made was my fault. You also seem to be suggesting that I am whining which I am clearly not.
 
So it's better for there to not be a confirmation because people would complain about having to click one extra button? But it's unacceptable for people to suggest that there should be one minor extra step to help prevent one accidental button press from causing such a major problem? Interesting point of view: we shouldn't complain about anything because it's not fair to suggest anybody should do anything that people might complain about.

And you seem to have missed the very clear part where I said it was his fault, just like any mistake I've ever made was my fault. You also seem to be suggesting that I am whining which I am clearly not.

Major problem? It's a couple of hours out of your lives. Nothing major about that. You can complain and whine as much as you want. But it should be done in the appropriate threads, rather than constantly making new ones to do it in. Feel like an update is desperately needed to fix this problem? Then post it in the numerous threads about things PD should fix.

Like this thread for an example: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=246861

That way, the OP doesn't come off as someone who whines about the smallest of things, nor would he seem like the type of person who blames everyone but himself. And the rest of us don't have to read through yet another piece of garbage ranting.

As stated numerous times. It's not PD's responsibility to make sure you don't make mistakes. Only you are responsible for your actions. As I've also stated numerous times, this wouldn't be a problem if people just took 1-2 seconds to think before performing an action. Something that is very wise to do in every day life, if I might add.


What a hilarious and horrible connection you're trying to make. I bet you thought it sounded good and witty didn't you? And I'd appreciate it if you didn't make assumptions about my personal life and how I should "take responsibility for my actions for once in my life".

Get :censored:ed.

It's a perfectly valid connection. Nothing witty about it, it's just a good example.
Don't want me to make assumptions of the way you deal with things in life? Then don't make threads that very much suggests that you're that type of person. You are refusing to take responsibily for exiting the race, and instead you blame PD. What do you think that makes you sound like?
 
Last edited:
Heh, I've just remembered something else. It must have been GT1 that taught me this, but I only try to unpause (if I've used the Start button and didn't go into the options) with the Start button instead of X. That way, there can be no error. Unless you never meant to unpause, of course.
 
Heh, I've just remembered something else. It must have been GT1 that taught me this, but I only try to unpause (if I've used the Start button and didn't go into the options) with the Start button instead of X. That way, there can be no error. Unless you never meant to unpause, of course.

Which a simple confirmation box would solve.
 
Well it's actually more convenient and just as safe to use Start (or PS-Button). Only one button press required each way. ;)

As it stands, there is no confirmation and we've shed light on three alternatives to prevent error, so people know what to do until PD fix it.
 
To start, I agree it was OP's fault he clicked the exit button, not PD's. However, I do agree there should be a confirmation button for exiting a race, too. If there is one for restarting a race, then there should be one for exiting, because it can be just as disastrous if clicked by accident. And I don't care how far over the exit button is, it's the principle of the matter.

I don't understand the blasting of the OP here, though. Like I said, yes, he made the mistake of quitting the race. But who hasn't had a brain fart in their life? All this talk of "mental capacity" sounds pretty hypocritical to me. I guarantee every single person in life has made at least one mistake. That's why it is a mistake, as someone temporarily lacked the "mental capacity" to think before their action. Please don't take this as an attack. I just want everyone to realize that people make mistakes.

I'll now get off my high horse.
 
I don't understand the blasting of the OP here, though. Like I said, yes, he made the mistake of quitting the race. But who hasn't had a brain fart in their life? All this talk of "mental capacity" sounds pretty hypocritical to me. I guarantee every single person in life has made at least one mistake. That's why it is a mistake, as someone temporarily lacked the "mental capacity" to think before their action. Please don't take this as an attack. I just want everyone to realize that people make mistakes.

I'll now get off my high horse.

If I recall, every person in here who has argued against the OP's point, has also stated that they too have once restarted or exited a long race by accident. That's not the problem. The problem is that he comes on here to whine and cry about it. And that he (not everyone else), refuses to recognise that only he is to blame. Everyone makes mistakes. And when they do, they should not put the blame on others. That's the entire point. A point that has been stated several times by now.
 
A good to have feature is confirmation to restart or exit for any championship or endurance race. First off, after long endurance race, the mental capacity is usually compromised so pushing a wrong button is comprehensible. Secondly, if PD put so many clicks to sign in SEN and redeem car tickets, it is strange design oversight to allow quitting enduros so easily. It had happened to me during 4 hrs endurance and caused much pain repeating Tsukuba 4 times due to PD error in resuming game. I was furious. I can imagine the op's pain after 22 hours. The first 2 hrs are usually fun. The other 20 is usually a mix of impatience and fatigue. Gone with a click is too much to bear even if it is my own silly mistake. With occasional lag in responding, a later registered click can mean a fruitless restart. This could have been avoided if it is designed better. So I can empathize with his harmless ranting. Btw, i am in the midst of 9 hrs enduro now.
 
A good to have feature is confirmation to restart or exit for any championship or endurance race. First off, after long endurance race, the mental capacity is usually compromised so pushing a wrong button is comprehensible. Secondly, if PD put so many clicks to sign in SEN and redeem car tickets, it is strange design oversight to allow quitting enduros so easily. It had happened to me during 4 hrs endurance and caused much pain repeating Tsukuba 4 times due to PD error in resuming game. I was furious. I can imagine the op's pain after 22 hours. The first 2 hrs are usually fun. The other 20 is usually a mix of impatience and fatigue. Gone with a click is too much to bear even if it is my own silly mistake. With occasional lag in responding, a later registered click can mean a fruitless restart. This could have been avoided if it is designed better. So I can empathize with his harmless ranting. Btw, i am in the midst of 9 hrs enduro now.
👍

I think everybody else was being too one-sided which was the problem.
 
A good to have feature is confirmation to restart or exit for any championship or endurance race. First off, after long endurance race, the mental capacity is usually compromised so pushing a wrong button is comprehensible. Secondly, if PD put so many clicks to sign in SEN and redeem car tickets, it is strange design oversight to allow quitting enduros so easily. It had happened to me during 4 hrs endurance and caused much pain repeating Tsukuba 4 times due to PD error in resuming game. I was furious. I can imagine the op's pain after 22 hours. The first 2 hrs are usually fun. The other 20 is usually a mix of impatience and fatigue. Gone with a click is too much to bear even if it is my own silly mistake. With occasional lag in responding, a later registered click can mean a fruitless restart. This could have been avoided if it is designed better. So I can empathize with his harmless ranting. Btw, i am in the midst of 9 hrs enduro now.

This. I didn't come here to whine, I came to start a thread discussing why there isn't a confirmation for something so disastrous. Especially when you have to confirm 4 times that yes, I do in fact want the car I just won to go to my garage (where else would it go??)
 
Secondly, if PD put so many clicks to sign in SEN and redeem car tickets, it is strange design oversight to allow quitting enduros so easily.

Forgot to mention this. They ask if you want to sign into your account 3 separate times if you haven't already, and yet you can quit an endurance race just like that. An oversight indeed.
 
It really does suck when you exit by accident. Had it happen to me before when I assumed I would just continue.
 
Happened to me just now, thankfully only 10 laps into suzuka with my x2010 prototype...
 
Use start button to unpause instead of choosing any option using x button.
 
sigh......no kidding, but how do I choose options with the start button

Wow, you really just have a negative outlook on anything, don't you? You come here with your little rant. People give you a lot of different ways to avoid the problem. And all you then do, is persist that the problem still exists.

Seeing as you're aparently having problem finding the solution. Here's some tips. Think before performing an action. Use the PS button when all you need to do is pause the game. Then only use the actual pause menu when changing settings. Don't rush through settings. There.
The problem that never really existed, has now been solved.
 
Wow, you really just have a negative outlook on anything, don't you? You come here with your little rant. People give you a lot of different ways to avoid the problem. And all you then do, is persist that the problem still exists.

Seeing as you're aparently having problem finding the solution. Here's some tips. Think before performing an action. Use the PS button when all you need to do is pause the game. Then only use the actual pause menu when changing settings. Don't rush through settings. There.
The problem that never really existed, has now been solved.

I just read this thread and out of all of the people here complaining, you are by far the worst. Drop the "holier than thou" act.
 
I just read this thread and out of all of the people here complaining, you are by far the worst. Drop the "holier than thou" act.

Then I'd suggest you read it again. This time, do it properly.
 
I read it again. You're still complaining the most. Enjoy the haiku.
 
I think there should be a confirmation box everytime I want to change gear. It's really annoying when I downshift by accident. Please fix this PD.

"Are you sure you want to change to 4th gear?" (Yes)/(No)
 
I think there should be a confirmation box everytime I want to change gear. It's really annoying when I downshift by accident. Please fix this PD.

"Are you sure you want to change to 4th gear?" (Yes)/(No)
:rolleyes:
 
The problem is that he comes on here to whine and cry about it.
No, you are the problem with your bad attitude and zero understanding that he simply got frustrated and wanted to tell. Let him, it happens to most people. Except you it seems.
 
No, you are the problem with your bad attitude and zero understanding that he simply got frustrated and wanted to tell. Let him, it happens to most people. Except you it seems.

I (along with several others), have given him several solutions to solve his nonexistant problem. No bad attitude there. A bad attitude, is someone who refuses to take on any advice given to him. Like the OP does. Continuing to shove away any of the responsibility.

This isn't a rant board. The thread is nothing but a rant. No substance, just letting off steam. And letting of stea mfor such petty things, will of course be percieved as whining. I've made mistakes too (as I've clearly stated). And guess what. I don't blame others for them, nor do I whine about them.
 
Back