I cant stop playing!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kevin01SH
  • 46 comments
  • 4,020 views
Messages
1,084
United States
Atlanta, GA
Messages
Kevin01SH
Picked up the game yesterday and it is truly epic, well worth the wait! Plus i went out and picked up a Logitech Driving Force GT, its unbelievable how good the wheel is and it makes the whole experience that much better. Thank you Polyphony for delivering an A++ game, by far the best racing game ive ever played and i havent even scratched the surface yet.
 
i got the same problem too addictive :( cant stop playing
 
I can't stop either....I play and only stop to eat, nap or go out with my buds. Truly epic game.
 
Hmm, I am certainly showing symptoms of addiction already. :scared:
 
I gave drifting a go today, rally cars + snow, if you haven't tried it its well worth a shot. Once the leaderboards are sorted for time trials, it will be an even greater game.
 
Everytime I sit down to do a couple of races I end up playing for 5 hours... I'm definately a gtoholic, thankfully I only have school and a dog to distract me.
 
My thumbs hurt, I need a wheel. But I know then my feet and wrist will hurt. I'm about to play all NIGHT with my friends online. BEAST GAME!!!
 
Add me to the list. I just started drifting yesterday and am truly addicted. First time since GT3 I've been able to drift with a controller. Add in the skid marks and all that smoke, its freakin awesome.
 
no disrespect to those that play with a controller but GT5 was made to be played with a wheel!!! (as in it kicks butt) that is by far the best way to enjoy the incredible physics which even makes punting an MX5 a supremely enjoyable experience... pure addictive joy.. that is GT5
 
no disrespect to those that play with a controller but GT5 was made to be played with a wheel!!! (as in it kicks butt) that is by far the best way to enjoy the incredible physics which even makes punting an MX5 a supremely enjoyable experience... pure addictive joy.. that is GT5

x2...I picked up a Driving Force GT yesterday. Wow! Totally different game with the wheel. I recommend it to everyone, and if you can't afford it now, save up! It's well worth it.
 
My thumbs hurt, I need a wheel.

So you get a G25, and turn FFB10 and then your thumbs hurt from the leather seams on the wheel, like me. :crazy:
 
Well those of us that were unemployed for three months and are still trying to get back on our feet have to play with a controller for the time being.

I'll have a wheel by the time GT Academy starts.
 
Yes it's just a really fantastic game and i can't stop playing it too!. I just got to get that steering wheel.
 
I'm a stay at home dad with a 16month girl and got a sim rig setup.For the past 4 days i drove over a 1000 miles and put in at least 9 hours or more a day(-_-)ahhh GOT THE LIFE...
 
well gotta say IM IN LOVE WITH GT5.
got the game last tuesday. and bin playing like 10 hours or more a day,
im withoubt a job right now :P
but im litterly in love with it.
just finished a 3hour online experience and man o man wath a joy it is.
im level 21 in gt-life. soo got 70 cars and 1.2 milion on the bank.
and enjoying it every second.
a nordschleife trackday with night day night is amazingly awesome.
btw got 2 wheels a g25 and fanatec porsche s wheel. but havent touched them.
only used controler and its amazing with a controller aswell.
so im excided what it would be with the wheels :D
 
Im exactly the same. Im even finding myself day dreaming about what im going to do next when im not even playing it!

This is the first time i've ever used a wheel and yet the G25 feels so natural. I was racing around Rome using my Ferrari F458 Italia and this for me was the highlight so far.

Take my advice if your using a controller buy a wheel because the combination of a wheel and GT5 excellent physics engine is just amazing.
 
Take my advice if your using a controller buy a wheel because the combination of a wheel and GT5 excellent physics engine is just amazing.

This is true, playing with a pad today was fun, but not nearly as fun as it is at home with my wheel. The combination of physics and FFB are beautiful.
 
I'm an addict and its only going to get worse when they update the online mode some more:nervous:
 
no disrespect to those that play with a controller but GT5 was made to be played with a wheel!!! (as in it kicks butt) that is by far the best way to enjoy the incredible physics which even makes punting an MX5 a supremely enjoyable experience... pure addictive joy.. that is GT5

I cannot, for the love of God, find one damn wheel. =( nobody wants to sell me a G25. Eventhough I'm still hooked with the DS2.
 
Do you need an H shift and clutch? If not you could opt for the driving force GT. Its the official GT5 wheel.
 
Hello, my name is Parnelli and I'm an addict

Forum: Hi Parnelli!

I bought this game, GT5, two days ago. Lucky for me I didn't have to work this weekend. :) Because that's pretty much all I've been doing is playing Gran Turismo 5. I've missed sleep, I skipped meals, and now I'm going to blow off a friend I'm supposed to meet later on this afternoon somehow. I don't know what my excuse will be yet, but I'll think of something. Thank you.

Forum: You're welcome Parnelli. Keep coming back!
 
I have some housework to do that's been neglected while I play GT5.... I wonder if I load it up, will it do some nice demos while I vac and polish... lets see. :)
 
New member here and the game is addicting. I have the force feedback wheel and since picking up the game after work on release day have played probably about 8 hours a day! (thanks for the release being the start of a 4 day holiday weekend Sony!)

But my arms, my shoulders and my wrist are sore as heck right now. Places like Daytona with the force feedback wheel after hours in the drivers seat make you feel as if you have been actually wrestling the car around the track all day!
 
Yep, me too; can't get enough at the minute. It's ridiculous; I'm so glad I got a wheel, too! My thumbs would be wrecked by now if I hadn't.
 
Back