I cant stop playing!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kevin01SH
  • 46 comments
  • 4,020 views
Hello, my name is Vince_Fiero and I'm an addict

Forum: Hi Vince_Fiero!

I bought this game, GT5.I keep playing it, I've missed sleep, I skipped meals, and I'm neglecting my work and family. Thank you.

Forum: You're welcome Vince_Fiero. Keep coming back!
 
This game has brought back fond memories of buying a PS2 and a wheel just for GT3. GT5 has sucked me just the same. Loving it.
 
Don't worry controller users, this game is great with a controller too. I have a Porsche wheel, but find myself using a controller when I'm racing online with mates because the wireless from the wheel interferes with my headset (bummer). But still the controller is very good, so don't feel too bad. I wouldn't say it's worth spending the money on a wheel JUST for this game alone.

P.S. Addicted, can't stop thinking about the game. But so far at least I haven't dreamed about it
 
picked up a Logitech Driving Force GT, its unbelievable how good the wheel is and it makes the whole experience that much better.

Wait till you step up to a G25/27 and get to properly shift your own gears old school. 👍
 
^Yea, I hate to say it, but even if I got a wheel (and I do want to get one eventually) I'd probably still be better with the Sixaxis. Anyways, here's my saga for the weekend concernting my "addiction":

I actually finished up some GT4 yesterday before getting into GT5. In GT4 I was racing a Lancia Delta HF in the Clubman Cup, so it was just convenient to try the same car (Lancia Delta HF Integrale) in GT5's Arcade mode. Wow, what a difference! GT5 actually has lift-off oversteer! :dopey: I was in heaven. Then I turned off the ABS, and, well, let's just say I needed a shower after that!

Anyways, I started GT4 yesterday morning. Gamed until it was almost dark outside, then I switched GT5. Played GT5 until maybe 10pm, then my head started hurting. :ouch: Don't know what it was, I started getting all dizzy. :sick:

Watched some old X-files (Netflix on PS3) and went to bed. Woke up at around 5am. Although I promised myself I'd sleep in (I always try to on Sundays) I couldn't help lying in bed, just doing some more Arcade racing.

Eh, so I think that's maybe 18 hours of GT this weekend total. :dopey:
 
Try a job and kids.

+1 here. It's hard but luckily my wife understands my ridiculous passion for this thing. She knows how long I've been waiting for this and let me play GT most of this long thanksgiving weekend.

I'm TOTALLY addicted. I guess this is going to eat into my sleep time during work weeks big time.

This game + my DFGT wheel = best videogame purchase I've ever made. And believe me I spent a fortune so far.
 
I'd been hopping between other good games in my collection for the past few months and now that GT5 has come out I haven't played anything else since.

Really really enjoying it and can see me spending far too many hours on it in the future.

I was off work Friday and am off again tomorrow. The wife is also working nights this weekend so once she's gone tonight I'm pretty much all GT until I have to pick my lad up from school tomorrow afternoon. Wonder how much sleep I'll be getting tonight!!
 
So, I sit down at 6pm, then I decide to make a quick race on the nordschliefe, somehow it's 12:30 midnight. someone explain how the hell that was possible? I've never been carried away with something like that.
 
[Barney Gumble] JUST HOOK IT TO MY VEINS!! [/Barney Gumble]

:lol:👍
 
So, I sit down at 6pm, then I decide to make a quick race on the nordschliefe, somehow it's 12:30 midnight. someone explain how the hell that was possible? I've never been carried away with something like that.

The Nordschleife Effect.

lol

I haven't been playing one game so much since GT2. I'm either driving around, or I'm snapping pictures. On and on and on. Where does the time go?

Bet it's the loading times that makes it seem like you just did a race but it took an hour and a half.
 
I see myself playing GT5 in my games, im so addicted..everyday after work, i just GT5! Its like a lifestyle, im in love with my cars, I always always goto used car lot eevry event, because i love hunting/collecting my favourtie cares, and i have alot!
 
My average game session is about 2 hrs since getting GT5 its gone up to 5hrs damn you PD for making such a great game.
 
Well, since Wednesday I've put it... 15 hours, because I have to juggle Uni and Work with it too. But I was meant to play only one race today. Ended up doing 12.
 
Holy canoli! I am beginning to be worried about that "serious addiction"...I have to make finals for my MsC and I am out on DEC 11, and my CE arrives next week...what to do...what to do.
Good to see that all that criticism about the gameplay and online mode was all wrong
 
hi all :D i'm spending most of my time in the track creator mode, very adictive! :crazy:
 
i am so bad at this. i havent even tried the track creator xD haha. but i just cant stop racing!
 
Back