I can't win the Professional League Sardegna GT1!!!

Norway
Norway
Frustration post alert!

I'm having a problem winning the GT1 on Sardegna in the Professional League... always finishing second... :banghead:.... The closest I've been is 6 seconds behind the winning car, but mostly I'm somewhere around 12-16 seconds behind 🤬 And if you're thinking "Git Guuuud", please don't... :lol:... I have gold on every other race in the Beginner, Amateur and Professional league, all won with good margins (20-80 seconds to second place). The GT 1 Sardegna race is so weird with that winning car being so elusive... When I use the same type of car that won the last time, another one brand/model wins, with the same time difference to me on the second place - and I'm always somewhere between 10 to 30 seconds ahead of the car coming in on the third place

Is it only me or is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

What tires are you on? I could only get second in a 919 on hards. I did win in a 919 on hards but only by maxing out the power, which in the 919 is only 35 more than stock, though that still doesn't factor in the hybrid system.

Yes, I’m on the Porsche 919, with which I easily win all the other GT1 races.

But I haven’t tried it with hards - will that affect the AI’s skills? It sure will affect my driving :lol:

I did it with a Porsche 919 on BoP (which is basically 100% power and 100% weight) and RS tires. I used the 962C on BoP too.

Mazda LM55 (also on BoP) can do it as well.

A lap of 1:28 and quicker will make you catch the rabbits.

A BoP’d 919 on RS tires can do 1:26...

Daym! Everyone but me! :lol:

Just had a run with Hards. Interresting..... I’ll try a couple of laps more with hards.

But I understand that no one else is having the same challenge as me on this track... I guess I just have to practise and «Git guuud». :dunce:

Thnx for all input

I used a stock 919 on RM tires. I hadn't seen the track before so I had three fails being too slow overall or losing the car. Made it on the 4th attempt with a 10 sec lead.
To me this race is a pretty good lesson in pushing and overtaking hard. You gotta be courageous and quick with your decisions as you don't want to lose too much time behind a car while the rabbit runs away.
Being quick enough on the first three laps is crucial imo.

I won with a stock 919 with RH tyres. Took me a good few attempts. Most of the AI use RH with a handful on RM.

My biggest challenger was the Peugeot L750R. You need to put in 1.28-1.29 laps from the off and hit the front a little after mid-distance.

Once there you can manage the race as something like the Peugeot L750R is very quick in a straight line.

How dare you speak about my beloved like that! Take that back!

I was going for "Hunk".. but somehow, in the last moment, my Porsche part of the brain must have misstyped the word ;)

I used a stock 919 on RM tires. I hadn't seen the track before so I had three fails being too slow overall or losing the car. Made it on the 4th attempt with a 10 sec lead.
To me this race is a pretty good lesson in pushing and overtaking hard. You gotta be courageous and quick with your decisions as you don't want to lose too much time behind a car while the rabbit runs away.
Being quick enough on the first three laps is crucial imo.

Might be my problem then, To used with the Online Daily`s and that stupid Penalty system if you even breath in another cars direction... (rating C and therefor still hanging with the Brutes in the back of the grid) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the LM55, seems to manage with no problem, but's got the set-up I use for daily workout at Monza Gr.1 Cup, which is basically tuned to the max.

!?!

What Laptimes did you get with that junk?
Here are my laptimes with the Toyota TS050 Hybrid. There is more time too as I made a couple of errors in braking too late and getting caught in traffic at the slowest parts.

PS_Messages_20190723_195129.jpg

Here are my laptimes with the Toyota TS050 Hybrid. There is more time too as I made a couple of errors in braking too late and getting caught in traffic at the slowest parts.

Thanks, looks a lot like mine, only my car is better looking - Then again I always have one lap in the beginning that tends to cross over the 1:34 mark because of Traffic... I`ll try that Peugot Diesel next, gonna feel like I`m cheating on my beloved Porsche though

27173580_10154975721126933_4979431397126784038_o.jpg

:lol::lol:Theres something really weird with this track... had two runs with a stock Peugot without any tweaking at all - stock brake balance, stock TC, stock everything.....

Result one second place 0,762 behind the winning Porsche 919 and one third place behind an Audi and the winning Porsche which won by 1,112 second!!!

And this was on my worst runs ever on this track with best laptimes 1:32:044 respectively 1:33:236... the last one actually involved a crash when an AI ran into me in turn 9, leaving me full stop amongst the grass/flowers.....

In my tweaked Porsche I now do laptimes around 1:28-1:30 with some best laps hitting 1:26 - still I finish 8-14 seconds behind the winning car.

Fishy!!!!

It’s rigged, I’ll tell ya... RIGGED! :P

Last edited by a moderator:
I won that race in a stock 962 on RH, the AI is breaking terribly too much in some corners so you can gain lots of time there.

I won that race in a stock 962 on RH, the AI is breaking terribly too much in some corners so you can gain lots of time there.

Yes they do. But it feels like the AI is getting faster the more you tweak your car and that’s probably why people can win it with stock version cars....

But I have no problems getting gold on any other track with my tweaked cars. On the Premium Lounge I win gold on every track with my N300 Porsche 911 GTR... but GT1 on Sardegna, not a chance :banghead:

... It’s rigged, I’ll tell ya... RIGGED! :P

Of course it is. They're all rubberbanded, aren't they ?

Maybe we're all used to easily win each and every GT League race, so the slightest bit of a challenge leaves us puzzled. I'm all for more real challenges and if something like GT7 will ever be released, I hope it ties in with GT1 - GT4 regarding the skill required.

Well mate ... 0,762 sec shouldn't be too hard to catch - keep on pushing and you'll soon be there ;) !

Well mate ... 0,762 sec shouldn't be too hard to catch - keep on pushing and you'll soon be there ;) !

I only wish the missus had said: "NO" at the alter... as a married man there`s so much racing time wasted on taking out garbage, fixing fence, buying groceries, driving kids to and forth schools/practise/friends houses `nd stuff - Sometimes it feels like the family doesn`t recognize the high OCD level I`m at when stuck at 225 gold and that one pesky little silver in GT League events (No Endurances yet) :ouch:

Last edited:
... driving kids to and forth schools/practise/friends houses `nd stuff - ...

In Germany we'd call you a "helicopter dad" :lol: - stop this, I guess your kids are old enough to do it on their own, help them develop some self-confidence ... and race virtual cars instead of real ones :D !

Back