I Didnt Know What I was Getting Myself Into

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chavways
  • 47 comments
  • 4,750 views
Just Think about your ps3 yellow lighting because you didn't finish it fast enough. That will keep you motivated.
 
When I did it I used the Redbull and set myself a target of lapping the field every 4 laps. I spaced it out from a Thursday to Monday to complete it. Yet to do the nurburgring one though. Can't find the motivation at the moment
 
I decided last week that I would do the Le Mans 24 hour A-Spec race.I chose the Toyota Gt1 to have at least a bit of competition. Im currently 10 hours in and really struggling to keep going.Its just so boring.Even though my car isnt very fast I'm still lapping 7 or 8 seconds faster than the other cars.

Im asking for advice on something that could keep me entertained while doing it. How did others manage to keep motivated during the race.Even though Im spacing the race out over a couple of days I still dread coming back to it because I know I still have so many hours left to do.
I would suggest burning your lead, set the e-brake by holding the button for 3 seconds off the side of the track, and go something else until you're halfway behind the lead you currently have.
 
Ive just stopped racing for 22 minutes to give away my lead.I was 4 minutes behind the leader but after around 15 laps I caught him again.In the lead now on lap 220 with nearly 14 hours gone
 
Since people have already done it, what kind of lap times does the AI do? Because i want a car, that does the time, in that kind of region. And not blow them away.
 
My wife agreed she would do the 4 hour Tsukuba race with me... That's as far as I can push it.

24 hour races need in-race saves.
 
iLex
My wife agreed she would do the 4 hour Tsukuba race with me... That's as far as I can push it.

24 hour races need in-race saves.

I would pay for that update...such a stupid thing they are askin us to do...i very much doubt kazunori would do this himself...
 
Go here http://radiolemans.com get some Podcasts and pretend they are talking about you while you're racing.

There's one podcast available for every hour of your endurance race. Live the dream man, live the dream!

👍
 
my motivation on 24h race -->reduce the lap time, driving a perfekt lap.... there you got a lot of time... :P
 
I would pay for that update...such a stupid thing they are askin us to do...i very much doubt kazunori would do this himself...

A wife that would do Tsukuba for me, I'd definitely pay for that update :)
 
I dread your situation.
After doing the Grand Valley, Indy and Suzuka I'm not touching another without either a few friends to do stints with or in race saves.
It just gets boring, even if you are running competitively, the laps are just boring on track with such a small field. I am happy that fields have steadily improved throughout GT but 16 isn't enough on a long track for endurance races to keep it interesting. I love free running and it's what I mostly do, but by the 3rd set of tyres I'm over it well and truly.
 
Theres actually only 12 racing in Le Mans which makes it even worse. I'm over 19 hours in at this stage with a 6 lap lead.I've found loads of shortcuts that make me lap around a minute faster than the second place car.I am hoping that I wont have to even race the last hour because the gap will be so big.It has been raining for 7 hours which is destroying what remained of the fun factor.I have to crawl around corners just to keep the car on the track.
 
FINISHED FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Thank god thats over.Never again.Got a pretty decent reward for winning---6.8 million experience points and around 800000 credits.

After 24 hours I had 368 laps done.If anyone is thinking of doing this I would strongly advise to do it with friends. Its so draining. Knowing that I had to go back and do 13 or 13 hours was heartbreaking.It'd be much easier if I had someone with me to lighten the load. I managed to survive by listening to hours of The Arctic Monkeys and podcasts.

Thats me done.Now to give the PS3 a well earned rest
 
Chavways
FINISHED FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god thats over.Never again.Got a pretty decent reward for winning---6.8 million experience points and around 800000 credits.

After 24 hours I had 368 laps done.If anyone is thinking of doing this I would strongly advise to do it with friends. Its so draining. Knowing that I had to go back and do 13 or 13 hours was heartbreaking.It'd be much easier if I had someone with me to lighten the load. I managed to survive by listening to hours of The Arctic Monkeys and podcasts.

Thats me done.Now to give the PS3 a well earned rest

lol...must feel good
 
i remember i did it in a gt1 to make it competitive
so i kept up with them the whole race with a 2 second lead on le mans
i hit the grass on the ford chicanes and then crashed and got 5th place
then punched 3 holes in my wall >.<
 
To get through such an event, I put the Radio on, and payed my brother to do half of it...

LOL
I was going to suggest audio books. haha. That's how I have gotten through grinding for credits - listening to audio books.
 
Just Think about your ps3 yellow lighting because you didn't finish it fast enough. That will keep you motivated.

Lol this is my motivation. I'm currently 10 hours in and my PS3's graphic card was dying beforehand. I said goodbye to my ps3 when I started the race :guilty:
 
Back