I do not manage too tune the Opel Speedster!!??

• Thread starter Bugace
  • 7 comments
Norway
Sauda
bugace
Of course I manage to tune it, but not well. I wish to find a setup for hight adjustable chassi. I Have added a rear wing, and tuned it fully. I am not good when it comes to drift a car trough corners so I wish a stabile car. Anyone who like theire Vauxhall/Opel Speedster, and wish to share?

Most important maybe. I am trying 500PP, With sport hard.

Last edited:
I did a 450pp tune of the VX220 (same car basically), adding rigidity improvement really helps. You can check my settings here and try them as a starter if you would like. Not a popular car to tune as it can be a handful. tamed it as much as I could and it is quite quick. Hope it helps.

Thank You, I will. Tried the New challange With 500 at Apricot. Manage 1.35 With own setup, but it was all over the Place.

Opel Speedster Turbo ‘00 (450PP SH)

opelspeedsterturboimg1-jpg.220160

Opel Speedster ‘00 (400PP CS)

opelspeedsterimg2-jpg.220164

I did a 450pp tune of the VX220 (same car basically), adding rigidity improvement really helps. You can check my settings here and try them as a starter if you would like. Not a popular car to tune as it can be a handful. tamed it as much as I could and it is quite quick. Hope it helps.

Tried this. Only I had camber 0.0/0.2.

Also I have all engine tunings max, and added weight for Balance 49/51. I didn't use Your gear ratios, so that I will have a look at later.
500pp, 326 bhp, 912 kg. I find Your brakes to be to soft, so I will try With more brakes. I missed brakingpoints several times on slow curves, but it functioned very well in high speed curves. Supriced to find the car so stabile With such soft suspension. Thank you very much, as I learned a lot, and the car was laping a second faster at once, probably it is 2-3 Seconds faster then my setup was, and that is before doing anything With gir ratios.

Tried Your Turbo 450PP suspension. I tried 10.5, 10.0, and 9.75, at the rear. Got wing With downforce at 20 so I imagined it might help With stiffer, but it seemed as 9.75 was fastest. Your setup is closer to mine, but faster, and maybe even faster then Bowties setup, but his setup gives a much nicer car to drive. It ain't as lively. I thing I will try Bowties softer suspension, but give it a narrower trottle responce, and more brakes. It might be a mix of these two setups that work better for a 500PP car. Thank you for shareing Your setup. I learned more even here.

Have been driving in some currency on Apricot, the Schwartswald League. Drove my 500PP RUF 3400 in the end after been playing With the Speedster a couple of days.
My Speedster ended up With following 500PP setup:
Height 80/85
Spring 5.5/7.5
Compress 4/6
Extens 6/4
Roll bar 3/4
Camber 0/0.2
Toe -0.25/0.25
Brakes 8/6

Transmission i just changed the final to 3.7

Diff: 5/10/18

Power 84.6 % 322 BHP With High RPM Turbo

Body. Rear Wing slightly widened, but full downforce 20, Ballast 61 kg far up front. 49/50 ending at 900kg.

Topspeed still standing at 250, and y best laps was arround 1.31.5, but mostly arround 1.33.
You are right, I am not a very good driver, and With careful tuning arround these numbers, it should be able to og 1.30 With me as driver, and probably 1.25 With good drivers. Probably lot faster, but I do not wish to admit I am that bad ;)

My RUF is simpler to drive, and in a 5 lap race it was steady 5 second faster then the Speedster, but I think the speedster is a faster car when it have a equally good setup.

Back