I don't get online

  • Thread starter Thread starter gambleboyen
  • 20 comments
  • 1,754 views
Messages
1,796
Messages
Gambleboyen
whenever i try to enter a room, there is only practise and never racing, what gives?
 
There is racing... But before you race you practice. If you have trouble finding lobbies that actually do race, you can try finding the ones with qualifiers as they very often do. :)
 
people use practice to wait for everyone to get setup.. can take ages depending on host..

but use the 'race type' filter too as there are alot of (definatley more) people who do just free run or drift in practice mode..

and there is no harm asking on on the text chat...
 
Lots of races are with automatic time setup... lots of times from 5 to 10 minutos within each race.
 
It's funny because the one time I went on random rooms I encountered the opposite. I just want to do free runs. Then again, I'm not really interested in playing online just yet. Maybe in a year or two.
 
So far I have only ran private lobbies with a couple friends. I tend to avoid the public lobbies due to the strong possibilities of people joining just to crash people. Hopefully they will give us an option to turn off collisions in the lobby and then I will create some public lobbies and try to meet a few people to race with. Once I have a few that I enjoy racing with I will do private lobbies with collisions on at least part of the time provided we are not getting to much lag.
 
Check the room type, look for "race for real", "clean" and timed starts. That's where the serious racers hang (when not in private rooms).

If it's a cruise/drive/test/tune/drift/cops/fun/drag/practice, presume it's never going to be a race.

Other than that, ask the host. You'd be surprised, most of the time, they're just like "yea, let's race".

If all else fails, make your own!
 
It's funny because the one time I went on random rooms I encountered the opposite. I just want to do free runs. Then again, I'm not really interested in playing online just yet. Maybe in a year or two.

in a year or two? okkk........ weird.
 
it has to be said, I have only tried online four times, should probsbly try some more.
 
There still isn't enough stability in the servers for me to play online. If you have more than 10 cars racing, everyone's skipping around and glitchy. Just spectate a race, it's terrible. GT5 always had this issue. And there's still the issue of getting disconnected from the server after a certain amount of time.
 
I've tried online couple of times, but the system seems so limited that I never quite get the enjoyment that I always get in other genres.

GT needs things like a Scrutiny board of some kind, where you could access every single detail about others cars. It amuses me how much I have to trust people in order to get a decent and fair race.

But, you know, maybe I'm getting too old for this...
 
whenever i try to enter a room, there is only practise and never racing, what gives?
I knew somebody on GT5 who would join late night NASCAR race lobbies then fall asleep after a few races and wake up in an empty lobby the next morning, if you join one of his rooms practice could last a long time without a race.
 
There's absolutely nothing as good for the online as finding a good group of players who are serious, and at the same time not obssessed with winning, and start playing together.
I'm lucky that I found a group of people, and we are from 20 to 40 years old lol. And its great fun
 
There's absolutely nothing as good for the online as finding a good group of players who are serious, and at the same time not obssessed with winning, and start playing together.
I'm lucky that I found a group of people, and we are from 20 to 40 years old lol. And its great fun

Agreed. I'm in the same boat, our little group ranges from 20ish to some over 50 and we have a great time everyone likes to win but we care more for the effect of clean racing and great battles no matter what order we cross the line in. We've had evenings together that last from around 6 or 7pm to well into the hours of the morning around 3-4am. This is the best thing you can get when looking to play online.
 
Curious, haven't been online in a couple of years, Forza 4 had the ability to go online create a private race, make all your opponents AI, set all the limitations tire wear, laps, difficulty etc., receive a payout at the end of the race.

Does it allow you to select AI as a opponent, can you run a race by yourself?.
 
Curious, haven't been online in a couple of years, Forza 4 had the ability to go online create a private race, make all your opponents AI, set all the limitations tire wear, laps, difficulty etc., receive a payout at the end of the race.

Does it allow you to select AI as a opponent, can you run a race by yourself?.
Forza 4 Tire wear is really bad, a pare of softs can last 20+ laps, It's fuel mileage for every car is the same and will need fuel in about 30 laps on simulation give or take the track. It gets old quick if you want a semi realistic endurance race.

I don't know about GT so far i have been tuning and buying cars haven't ventured online yet, but i will tell you GT tire wear is more "real" and pit stops are necessary if you want to be competitive.
 
Im with the OP. Tough finding rooms where they actually race! I know 3. "0 99 88", "Circuit Racing", and myself Raptor Racing.
 
Ran a lobby yesterday for the first time in GT6 and had a blast.
The lack of options in Arcade mode have forced me on line this time around.
I can honestly say I in the whole time I ran the lobby that I never encountered anyone who didn't want clean fair racing.
It was a good experience and I will do it again for sure.

In response to OP I ran qly and race automatically after 10 minutes of practice which worked well. If numbers dropped I switched auto start off ... no point stating a 10 lapper if there's only a couple of pilots.
 
The online system is kind of limited, hard to navigate through and it takes forever to get things going. But once they all click and you're in a race with decent people - it's the best feeling ever.
 
Forza 4 Tire wear is really bad, a pare of softs can last 20+ laps, It's fuel mileage for every car is the same and will need fuel in about 30 laps on simulation give or take the track. It gets old quick if you want a semi realistic endurance race.

I don't know about GT so far i have been tuning and buying cars haven't ventured online yet, but i will tell you GT tire wear is more "real" and pit stops are necessary if you want to be competitive.

The fuel usage is decent on GT6 as well, two of us were out testing cars on Willow the other night and we were seeing differences in fuel mileage in one case 1/2 through the race my buddy was below 1/2 tank in his car where I was near 3/4 in the one I had chosen. In this case it did not make a big difference as we had it set to require at least 1 stop and he did not have to take on to much fuel to finish but if not for that would have been huge as I would not have needed to pit at all
 
Back