I don't know what to do...

• Thread starter Sarkazmo
  • 7 comments
United States
OH
GTP_Sarkazmo
I'm a new player. Forza Horizon 4 is my first Forza game. I play on PC. I've been doing the races against AI, collecting barn finds (only 3 left to find,) hitting all the boards I can find, buying a couple cars here and there. I've got about 2.7mil in credits, I've made level 55, and have 85 unspent car mastery points. I race on Pro difficulty with rewind and abs on.

I just don't know what to do. I feel like if I spend those 85 points on the cars I have I'll just be wasting them and I really just don't know how to get into racing with others as I have no friends that play. The extent of my pvp are the Forzathon things that pop up.

Help me out here, please. I need some direction. Thanks in advance.

Sark

I'm a new player. Forza Horizon 4 is my first Forza game. I play on PC. I've been doing the races against AI, collecting barn finds (only 3 left to find,) hitting all the boards I can find, buying a couple cars here and there. I've got about 2.7mil in credits, I've made level 55, and have 85 unspent car mastery points. I race on Pro difficulty with rewind and abs on.

I just don't know what to do. I feel like if I spend those 85 points on the cars I have I'll just be wasting them and I really just don't know how to get into racing with others as I have no friends that play. The extent of my pvp are the Forzathon things that pop up.

Sark
Try doing some multiplayer stuff or find a friend to play with those can open up some new possibilities

Sark

I've been creating circuits of all kinds that would make for great races to lengthen my FH4 experience. Paired with that I have been using the Kudosprime randomiser to select a car in which I create builds for (Drift, Road Racer, Forzathon and rally) which has been great fun! It might not suit you though, just a suggestion 👍

I'd be happy to do some racers with anyone if they're desperate for someone too, I mainly stick to singleplayer but no harm in going online. Only problem would be my timezone!

Don't be precious about mastery points or money, mastery points especially - with certain cars you'll be able to earn them without even trying and if you do try, you can earn 85+ in about half an hour. Use them to unlock wheelspins (rare cars are a good place to start looking for these as almost all of them have spins available for 4, 8, 9 or 10 points) or cash bonuses (we have a thread with a list of cars with these), then when you get the BMW M6 Forza Edition unlock its entire mastery tree and you'll have one of the best cars for earning points quickly as it gets 1,800 points for ultimate drifts, even more for sideswipes (aka drifting into objects) and a 7x multiplier.

As for money, that depends on your priorities. A few people save to buy all the houses first because you get a lot of super spins that way which each give you three chances to win cars (including the most expensive in the game) or money, others only buy the cars they want and tune them, some others just buy all the cars regardless of whether they want them or not...

There are some cars you can unlock by levelling up specific disciplines, like the Alpine A110 from rallying or the RWB 911 from Street Scene, which can give you something else to work towards. Same goes for Stories.

I personally have been through a few phases. First I was just trying to hit level 20 in all of the racing disciplines, then when I'd almost done that I started grinding skill points for wheelspins. I got bored of that after a while and started grinding the motorway races that trick the AI into taking longer routes than necessary because you gain skill points by accident (or you gain a LOT of skill points if you try, like 20 per lap) as well as >200k credits and enough influence for six wheelspins. I'm bored of that too now so I'm just finding fun cars to paint and build drift cars out of, drifting around the place with and without random people, doing Forzathon Lives as and when and joining most open invite multiplayer races that come up. There's still Rivals and Adventures to check out, too.

Racing with (human) others is definitely a weak spot in Horizon 4. I'm also a newcomer to Xbox, so I also started without any friends. Through the traditional multiplayer that they have in the game (Team Adventures and when someone hosts a PvP), I haven't gained any friends either.

I think that having "good races" is a lot harder in Horizon, compared to other more traditional racing games, due to the fact that there is so much variety in the courses and events. There are plenty of people who don't desire to race with sportsmanship either, ramming you and whatnot - even in Unranked events so that doesn't help the people who would like race more fairly stay together. And the Team aspect doesn't really allow for individual good races. It then means you are competing only against a maximum of 6 people, and there are 5 others on your team who you have to try not to interfere with. It drastically reduces the number of people you are actually racing with.

It's certainly limiting the friends I would gain (whereas in a traditional game with regular circuits you could compete and find people you'd like to race more easily). When I join hosted events (and sometimes attempt to host my own), I've never seen more than 5 or 6 people. Usually for races, it's 3 or 4 maximum, which is incredibly disappointing.

I would maybe say, try to find friends other ways, by finding some kind of organizing club to get to know some people. Unfortunately, I don't really have any suggestions for this either...

And as others have said here, don't worry about Mastery points. They are a renewable resource, you can easily accumulate more if needed.

Don't hoard skill points - you'll earn them by the bucket full. Spend them on cars you like to use a lot, which will help you earn more skill points even faster.

Give Team Adventure a try, and see if you like it. It's extremely... chaotic... but you can have some fun with it if you're fortunate enough to get a decent group.

And of course, the single-player events and seasonal stuff. At lvl 55, I have to imagine you still have a ton of single player stuff left to do, including the "stories".

Personally, i'm having the most fun in the lategame by creating courses to drive my own cars on.

All the courses the game offers are either too small or not technical enough for my tastes. I think i spent close to 2 hours the other day creating a 38.5 mile long track that hits (IMHO) all of the best roads in the game in the correct direction (Gotta have those downhill hairpins!)

A friend and I ran it a few times yesterday, more or less using it as a super relaxed, hang out and drift track. It was ludicrously fun.

I basically don't play the game on multiplayer unless i've got a real-life friend or i'm doing a forzathon event or something. But really, the game is just a giant playpen for cars, its not particularly structured when it comes down to it, so your mileage may vary depending on how much you're entertained by the idea of just driving.

Back