I dont know which wheel should i get for GT sport?

• Thread starter Klik
  • 45 comments
So i will shopping for a T-GT now that i can't make my G25 work on my PS5

Hey guys I need some help, I got my ps5 and set it all up. Since GT sport beta test I have bin using my g25 with cronsmax plus on my ps4 pro and never had a problem, so last night play GT sport on ps5 I lost control of my wheel 10min in. Did a rest and 10min later the same thing happen. So I read up and saw people with the same thing as me. A lot of them say to get a hori mini wired game pad for ps4 and use that instead of the ds4. So I went out today and pick one up and just tryed and it’s not working at all. I need some help if not I will have to replug my ps4 pro till I buy a new wheel

My Decision was made after this Review video

Last edited:
Nevermind my previous advice on 2/2 with G29. It's fine, but after further experimenting, after this thread, I found that 4/1 gives a more distinct indication of grip level, when you're about to skid, when skidding and when regaining proper grip. There's a clear distinction between an extremely light feel in the wheel and a very heavy one - I guess that's how it's supposed to feel.

If a more expensive wheel would give me more definition mid turn and front tyre feel, I'd buy one immediately, no matter the cost. Too bad I can't try any of them and return if not happy. Or can you, with Fanatec?

Driving a simulator is not the same as driving DS4 or any other type of Game pad or key board . You will be using larger muscle groups your legs , feet, arms and full hands. Not your fingers like you would with the DS4. The wheel and pedals you chose must be secured with no movement. Maybe a desk or a DIY rig that you home made and the best is a welded steel commercial frame cockpit . Movement in your simulator will take away from the experience of driving a simulator. Don’t forget your pedals they will be dealing with your leg muscles that was the hardest when building my first DIY. Just remember in your budget on wheel and pedals must include how you want to bolt it down on.

Last edited:
Has any one here owned g29 and bought a newer wheel after that? If so, did your lap times improve or was driving easier? I just bought g29 few months ago and I wonder was it a good idea :boggled:

Has any one here owned g29 and bought a newer wheel after that? If so, did your lap times improve or was driving easier? I just bought g29 few months ago and I wonder was it a good idea :boggled:
Yes, I now have a T-GT wheel from thrustmaster with L-CM pedals, and.. way better than my old G29!
Don’t buy anymore a wheel without belt! It’s sooo much smother at all. I can’t describe it really, you will feel it! Especially in the corners.
Definitely the lap times will improves so!
The G29 technic sucks there against much.

Last edited:
A G29 is only a toy compared to a belt driven wheel, I had a G29 for nearly 5 years but a belt driven wheel changed everything in my driving is smoother and of course lap time are better. Someone on here told me to buy a belt driven wheel 4 years ago, and I should have taken his advice back then.

Thank you both for your replies. I must start to save money for new wheel then. Probably can't afford this year but maybe in 2023 :lol:
I forgot to mention I am using a CSL Elite & V3 pedals and I highly recommend it, with the CLS Elite you have so many in wheel settings on the wheel compared to the G29.

So last weekend I found a sick used T-GT with a f1 carbon rim and T-Lcm pedals for 875 cad, I have own my G25 from 2006 till now. All I can say it’s worth the upgrade, the T-GT feel Amazing even on pc when it not on GT mode, of corse in GT sport is Amazing with the T-GT. Also the pedals with the load cell is night and day,

the only bad point I have for the T-GT is that it dose not work on ps3, so if u want to go back to old GT games u can’t use it, I even tried with my Cronus max plus and drive hub and I can’t get to work.
BFB2C840-E90D-4AB9-A94A-29A068850BC8.jpeg

Not PS5 compatible yet but they are working on it.

Keep in mind you need to add a wheel and pedals to the above, so its gonna be closer to $700-800.
That said, I'd still hold out and see what else they have up their sleeves..

My T300 went haywire about 2 years ago. I muddled along for a time because the availablity of good substitute didn't seem available. I recently decided to toss the old one. The options weren't very pleasing. They were unavailable at retail and stupid high on eBay. I found and ordered a new T300 base at retail. It works fine again without needing to pay extra for pedals or an overpriced replacement that is not really any newer tech that my T300. When something better comes along with GT7, I will look to replace my T300.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back