I don't understand the multiplayer lobby

• Thread starter Beatroot
  • 4 comments
Switzerland
Switzerland
Hi guys.

I'm playing GT7 on PSVR2 since a few days. Rushed to the super license and just about enough "menues" to unlock Multiplayer and Sports Mode.

I don't understand the multiplayer lobby and i have some basic questions i'd be happy if someone could explain:

1. why do all (100s of) races i can see show x/16 players. do races not start unless there are 16 players? if so, why?? can't this be changed when opening as host? eg, a race can start with 4 players.
  2. why are there literally 100s of games that have 1-5/16 players, why do people not join other peoples games first, in order to get a race going?
  3. is there no way to show almost full races in order to join them? or order the list by "percentage filled"?
  4. once i'm in a game and press "enter", the system tells me to wait until the race starts. at this point one can also enter the track, for training purposes i suppose. (and fooling arround i guess). is it ok to enter the track or does this somehow hold up the real race to start? will i be moved to the race as soon as all players are there? not one race started while i was practicing the track.

in 3 hours of trying the multiplayer lobby, i managed to get into ONE real race lap. i'm very very confused about this, it doesn't make any sense. i hope somebody can shed some light on this.

After the multiplayer experience i was about to cry :-) and sell the game. Then i discovered "Sport Mode", which is exactly what i was looking for and GT7 totally redeemed itself. But there isn't too much variety so far, and most races seem quite long. i'd love to jump into a fun multiplayer hosted game from time to time.

Thanks!

Hi guys.

I'm playing GT7 on PSVR2 since a few days. Rushed to the super license and just about enough "menues" to unlock Multiplayer and Sports Mode.

I don't understand the multiplayer lobby and i have some basic questions i'd be happy if someone could explain:

1. why do all (100s of) races i can see show x/16 players. do races not start unless there are 16 players? if so, why?? can't this be changed when opening as host? eg, a race can start with 4 players.
  2. why are there literally 100s of games that have 1-5/16 players, why do people not join other peoples games first, in order to get a race going?
  3. is there no way to show almost full races in order to join them? or order the list by "percentage filled"?
  4. once i'm in a game and press "enter", the system tells me to wait until the race starts. at this point one can also enter the track, for training purposes i suppose. (and fooling arround i guess). is it ok to enter the track or does this somehow hold up the real race to start? will i be moved to the race as soon as all players are there? not one race started while i was practicing the track.

in 3 hours of trying the multiplayer lobby, i managed to get into ONE real race lap. i'm very very confused about this, it doesn't make any sense. i hope somebody can shed some light on this.

After the multiplayer experience i was about to cry :-) and sell the game. Then i discovered "Sport Mode", which is exactly what i was looking for and GT7 totally redeemed itself. But there isn't too much variety so far, and most races seem quite long. i'd love to jump into a fun multiplayer hosted game from time to time.

Thanks!
Lobby races start whenever the person "hosting" the races start them; it doesn't matter how many people are in or not, it's all down to the host. There are hundreds because people want to host whatever they feel like hosting at the time - sometimes just testing certain car/track combinations online.

Entering the track has no bearing on anything, although be aware that if you haven't entered the race (not necessarily the track, but entering the track also enters the race) you won't be included when the host starts the race.

Sport Mode consists of three "Daily Races" which run every 20-30 minutes and the official esports series called the GT World Series Nations Cup and GT World Series Manufacturers Cup which run several slots on each race day (a Wednesday or a Saturday) during the season. Any other official esports series, like the Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup also appear here.

Daily Races change their car/track combination every Monday. Official esports races (GTWS/TGRGTC) only exist for one day before moving onto the next combination on the next scheduled race day. You can find schedules for both on GTPlanet's news pages:

Daily Races, Week Commencing April 3:

GT World Series Exhibition Season 4:

Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup 2023:

Note that you can practice/qualify for Daily Races whenever you want throughout the week, but you can only qualify for the esports races within the specific race itself as a separate session ahead of the race.

Thanks for the thourough explanation! I will try to filter the lobby for more serious modes, like "Race for real", maybe there the hosts are more likely to actually start the race. I didn't try that too much, because i assumed that one has to wait for 16 players being ready.

To start a race (from 1 to 200 laps) it can only be started with 2 runners or up to 16. Only the owner of the room that starts the race. Also when the owner of the room closes it, either at the end or during the race, or at any other time, you lose that room because you are also absent (for me this is really the worst of all) in addition to the owner of the room being able to kick you out (also happens to me a lot).
The fact that there are many rooms with one player it could just be that they wait for more players to join, they may want to race alone, test cars and tracks, do the daily KMS (49.2km) or they don't like joining other rooms, which for PS4 users sometimes becomes something complicated, because it usually gives error to enter a room, almost more times than possible entries. By making your living room you can remove all those doubts. Must contain from 2 min. at 16 max. players, race format (counts KMS in your profile) or free ride format (does not count KMS in your profile) That said, have fun playing online (PS plus required))))

Hi guys.

Thanks!
For Multiplayer Lobbies
It helps to refine your preferences, for Car type, track etc, to weed out the things that do not share your interest

Back