I finally found the real fun in GT4...

• Thread starter makina2
  • 31 comments
...after 5 years.

And I blame driving mission number 11 for this.

Why? Because it thought me how to properly drive ****** cars that have terrible handling and require more skill to drive. I must have played that mission 100s of times till i beat it.

I never bothered with slow\old\crappy cars before but now I find them way more fun.

Anyone else feel the same way??

Also feel free to list some of your fav old school buckets here lol.

This mission was the second most difficult to do in my opinion, but it took me 6 attempts to complete it.

By the way, I like the Toyota Celica GT (TA22) '70 :)

Race-ready cars are more responsive and overall easier to control at high speeds. The older and cheaper cars, on the contrary, need more fiddling with even at lower speeds.

I remember wondering why I seemed to fare better with LMP class vehicles than some casual hatch down the line.
Yep, "normal" and city cars require your full attention and if you can live without the thrill of overdrive speed they are in many cases the more fun of the mall.

I recently drove the Toyota Prius ,and although my grandma runs faster, I founded it quite enjoyable on courses like Autumn Ring Mini where I managed to get respectable times because of the car's nimbleness.

I have actually just started to do the licenses this weekend again. Since I am not playing on my PS3 and wow, I am learning how to race again. I have come to the conclusion that the driving line on GT5P makes me a lazy driver. As I found myself looking ahead at what corners are coming on GT4 instead of just following the line.

I must say that I was getting annoyed with the slow cars, but once I got into a race ready car, Man I was driving a lot smother. No wonder my friends at the race club always talk about learning to race in the slowest car you can get, then move up.

GT5 is great. I have played the demo at my local best buy and also walmart

I found my fun in drifting and just making small cars do funny stuff. Sorta like my clown car tune at fbccars tuning. A Subaru 360 doing three wheel turns and stoppies is very amusing.

...after 5 years.

And I blame driving mission number 11 for this.

Why? Because it thought me how to properly drive ****** cars that have terrible handling and require more skill to drive. I must have played that mission 100s of times till i beat it.

I never bothered with slow\old\crappy cars before but now I find them way more fun.

Anyone else feel the same way??

Also feel free to list some of your fav old school buckets here lol.

No, I had fun in GT4 from Day 1. Lol. The main reason is actually because there were so many "crappy" "old" and "slow" cars to play with. I love taking something goofy or slow or whatever and turning it around; making it worthwhile.

But GT4 is also not fun at times. Any GT has its frustrating moments for sure. But it's all about the challenge for me. The adrenaline rush. :D

I'm not really doing the missions yet, I just started playing less than a week ago, maybe 4 days? The main thing I've noticed is the graphics, I was like Holy 🤬!!! The graphics are AMAZING! It's so photo realistic, it literally can not get better than this within the next 10 years. And the driving feels so real, I forget that I'm in front of my TV and that it's just a game. The only bad thing about it is that there's no view from the inside of the car, I mean, it's supposed to be "the real driving simulator". But apart from this, it definitely lives up to it's name.

Um, what?
The graphics are AMAZING! It's so photo realistic, it literally can not get better than this within the next 10 years.
It will be bettered in the next 6 weeks with the release of GT5.
there's no view from the inside of the car
Use the select button to change views on the DS2.

Anyway, welcome to the game. You should do heaps of reading on this site, there's a massive amount of information here.

I'm not really doing the missions yet, I just started playing less than a week ago, maybe 4 days? The main thing I've noticed is the graphics, I was like Holy 🤬!!! The graphics are AMAZING! It's so photo realistic, it literally can not get better than this within the next 10 years.

It can, and it will. GT5 Prologue is already much of an improvement over GT4. GT5 will furthermore be even more of an improvement over both. But we're glad you're enjoying GT4 so much. 👍

Well, I guess he likes GT4 more than we do. Then again he may be on to something about the ten years thing. (ten yrs later) "Gran Turismo 5 is FINALLY released." 'about 🤬 time'

Well, I guess he likes GT4 more than we do. Then again he may be on to something about the ten years thing. (ten yrs later) "Gran Turismo 5 is FINALLY released." 'about 🤬 time'

I still like GT4 more than GT5P to be honest! I dunno why...I just seem to have more fun with GT4, as I'm still exploring it after 3 years now!

It doesn't feel complete. I mean, don't get me wrong, GT5P is awesome for what it is, but I'm still not done with GT4 yet. And I just got back into GT4 after those CTC races were done ;)

The real fun for me in GT 4 was Spec point hunting. I really enjoyed trying to get some POS with crappy tires around the track fast enough to beat the faster cars. Some of these were a real blast. Even the 24hr Lemans race was a lot of fun driving the black Mazda with dirty oil against the strongest lineup. I played it pretty much every day for at least a year before moving on to online racing in Forza 2.

Lately I have been playing it again with a wheel this time. Like a whole new game. To bad the graphics are not a bit better. Hard to see very far ahead.

Yeah, I always wondered why I didnt like GT3. I like GT5P but it does feel kinda like it was slapped together.

Well, GT5P doesn't really count, know what I mean? It's not supposed to be as complete as the final thing. I definitely agree about GT3. It was my least favorite so far.

Yeah GT4 is such better than GT3 . Allmost finished the game , just 8% to go.
Need to play 3 missions. Hate the Us 70's car.

I still like GT4 more than GT5P to be honest! I dunno why...I just seem to have more fun with GT4, as I'm still exploring it after 3 years now!

ABSOLUTELY AGREE! I thought I was the odd one out for being impressed with GT5P's beauty, but being let down by the lack of depth (yeah, yeah, I know it's only a 'Prologue', but it never felt 'substantial' like I expect the GT series to feel.

So back to GT4 I went/go and there are no regrets. It's still a cracking game.

No doubt much more fun to be had in GT4, if only it had GT5P graphics it would be great but no online play.

If PD could have updated graphics, added an online mode and perhaps a few more tracks/cars I would have been happy to buy it as GT5 and be waiting on GT6.

I did really enjoy that last race in GT5P though.

The main thing that bugged me in GT3 is the lack of car selection. The only Classic car on there was a Shelby Cobra, which is nice but out of the range in price. I wanted you know Chargers and first gen Camaro's

Yeah GT4 is such better than GT3 . Allmost finished the game , just 8% to go.
Need to play 3 missions. Hate the Us 70's car.

The Seattle circuit mission???

That one is not as hard as it may seem. Take one try just to figure out how you can get the car through a corner the fastest. Trust me, you will figure it out in those three laps. Few tries after that and you'll beat it

GT4 has always been fun, my friends and I have have always given ourselves a budget and car restrictions (5000Cr RWD) and used them in tests (like on Top Gear but without the funny bits) and that never gets old, and also try something new, buy a Mercedes E55 AMG, take the weight down to 1650 KG, turn off traction control at Superspeedway and handbrake into the corners (in 4th gear)

I`m miles more better at GT4 now than when I use to play it full time in its prime. I don't know why but I`m just suddenly better at it lol.

This is one reason I still like to play GT1, the physics are challenging and a lot of fun.
GT4 is a favorite as well, I love driving old Toyota's down the switchbacks of Monaco.

Latest Posts

Back