I give you 200 000$, what do you get?

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Fred-
  • 104 comments
  • 4,452 views
I wonder how much it would cost me for this:

xanavi_gtr.jpg
that has to be the sickest widebody the world has ever seen, I'd love to unrestrict the thing and let loose :)
 
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

The rest goes to modifications toward making a kickass club rally car and campaigning it in SCCA.
 
👍 Duke, very good idea , but you may want to keep a bit more cash for spare parts or for a spare car:

sm_laguna_sm.jpg


60 (or 64?) cars on Laguna! :p I'm wondering how much of them are still intact after the first corner.
 
Interesting choices from everyone so far! 👍

S2000s aren't too shabby, but what I really want is this:
C662-15.JPG


993 911 Turbo, roughly 60 000$

I'd need a truck to haul and tow stuff, of course. A Duramax Ford F250 should do the trick, and at 35 000$, it leaves me 105k to play with...

For, say, 2 sea-doos with a trailer, about 13000$
42_1_b.JPG


And for the weekends, what more would you want than a 1000 hp '41 Willys that runs low 8s in the quarter? It'd need a cooler paintscheme, and I guess I'd part of the remaining money to fix that.
CIMG6101.JPG
 
Since I've invested a bit more than $200,000 on my garage as it stands, I think I'd add to it by buying even more used luxury sedans. I read a review the other day of the 2002 Jaguar XJR - that thing kicks more ass than Steven Seagal - not an easy feat. So that, and definitely a 2002-2004 A4 or a V8 S4 or a 2001 S4 Avant, and maybe an S80 T6.

Both vat_man and neon_duke chose A4/S4s - take notes, people.
 
Originally posted by Mike Rotch
Save your money on the mods and get the Brabus Smart Roadster :)

Well...the Brabus Smart only has 170bhp. I want 400+. I wonder if I can convince the folks at Brabus to install the Mercedes v12 into it?
 
I'd buy about 10 Honda Civics so i can drop them from a plane or or crane, I'd probably rent the cheapest one so i could get more Civics.

:( (not really) :) (really)
 
'03 Audi RS6 - $75K
'02 Ford Lightning (to haul the Seadoo, obviously) - $25K
'04 Seadoo RXP - $10K
'98 Subaru 22B - $25K (?)
'95 Geo Metro (to throw people off) - $1

I'll have to think about the rest.
 
more realistically, I'd like these:

Audi RS-6
Cadillac CTS-V
and an Audi S4 :)

Oh, and if there's money left over, I'd like a '94 BMW M3 - preferably in canary yellow

Above all else though, I'd like to put a heavily tuned Mercedes v12 into the back of a rediculously small and lightweight car
 
02 Ford Lightning (to haul the Seadoo, obviously) - [/B]


Ohhh I forgot the seadoo! I want the GTX 4-TEC

Cant beat a jet ski with Supercharged 1494cc four-stroke, three-cylinder Rotax SOHC engine with multi-port fuel injection with 185 hp :D
 
Okay, this is tuff. So far this is what i've come up with.

'04 Corvette Z06 54,000

TRD parts for my 5,000
Celica GT-S

Lotus Elise 40,000
Race gear 10,000
(tires, trailer ect.)

The remaining money would go into my '87 Chevy (ie. 500ci Caddy engine :drool: ) and restoring my '77 Toyota Landcruiser. And maybe some power mods to the Z06 :D
 
Originally posted by neon_duke

1997 1.8l Spec Miata racecar, professionally built, $16,000 + $8,000 for trailer, tires/wheels, spares package, driving school, SCCA comp license, suit/helmet, etc. = $24,000
miata.jpg




👍 I went to Limerock park last weekend and they had a Mazdaspeed Miata Cup race and it was probably some of the best racing I've ever seen. I'm going to have to remove the GTO from my list and replace it with a Miata racecar, because racing one just seems like it would be more fun than should be legally allowed.



-Mark
 
Awww, man, did you get to see the SpeedWorld Challenge races at Lime Rock? I had prior plans, but man, I would have loved to go see that event.
 
I would buy....
A Nissan Skyline R34 GTR
Nissan Skyline R33
Nissan Skyline R32
Honda Integra Type R
and a....Trueno (I think).
 
Originally posted by skylineGTR_guy
Ohhh I forgot the seadoo! I want the GTX 4-TEC

Cant beat a jet ski with Supercharged 1494cc four-stroke, three-cylinder Rotax SOHC engine with multi-port fuel injection with 185 hp :D

Yes you can. The RXP has a supercharged four-stroke, three-cylinder SOHC pumping out 215 hp.

Ha! ;)
 
Originally posted by Cosmic
I would buy....
A Nissan Skyline R34 GTR
Nissan Skyline R33
Nissan Skyline R32
Honda Integra Type R
and a....Trueno (I think).
I respectfully submit that you need to put down the magazine and enjoy the three-dimensional world more.
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
I respectfully submit that you need to put down the magazine and enjoy the three-dimensional world more.
:lol:

Originally posted by blackskyline
I'd buy about 10 Honda Civics so i can drop them from a plane or or crane, I'd probably rent the cheapest one so i could get more Civics.

:( (not really) :) (really)

Not just any civic(s) riced out ones!
 
Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
What? Where are you going to get the cash for that?

Lotus Elise 111R: £27,995
Porsche 911 GT3 RS: £84,230

You're already over budget, and you haven't even bought the Radical, which is likely to cost you at least £30,000, or the Land Rover.

More sums required, I think!

Ooops

Okay new list:

Lotus Elise 111R - 40,000USD
Porsche 911 Turbo (993) - 100,000USD
Land Rover Discorver HSE - 41,000USD
=181,000USD
Throw the change in a pot and buy an original Mini.
 
Ferrari 575M - £106,000 (on Autotrader) - I'll need the change for the insurance.

photo_1.jpg
 
I'd blow it on 2 $50,000 hookers and spend the rest on booze.
 
My £109,000 garage:

Land Rover Defender Series 3: £3,000
Mini Cooper (original): £8,000
Lamborghini Diablo: £60,000
Mitsubishi Evo VI: £20,000
Mazda RX7: £8,000
Peugeot 205 GTi: £4,000
Ducati 996: £6,000
 
1)
CC05_LXCS48_2DT_PXR_APA_XXX_XXX.jpg


2004 Chrysler 300C with options, would serve me as a daily driver since it's very fast and has good luxury for the price.

$38,888 USD

2)
CC04_DR1H61_2TS_PR4_APA_XXX_XXX.jpg


2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 with options, because it's got the Viper's engine, and it can haul things, one of which is my track car, which will be next.

$47,977 USD

3)
evo03_carapexsilver_build.jpg


2004 Mitusbishi Lancer Evolution

This will be a track only car, since it is not street legal in Canada. I would keep it mostly stock since it is already very fast, but I would add some upgrades.

$34,565 USD

4) Evo Upgrades

HKS Blowoff Valve - $300
GReddy Full Race Exhaust - $1,022

And some other upgrades, but I need to wrap this up.


All this adds up to a grand total of $122,752 USD. The leftover money would go towards a trailer for the Evo, insurance, gas, maintenence, more aftermarket upgrades, etc. Fun thread, it's always good to play out some fantasy scenarios like this :D
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Awww, man, did you get to see the SpeedWorld Challenge races at Lime Rock? I had prior plans, but man, I would have loved to go see that event.


Yeah, it was a lot of fun. I went on Memorial Day. They had Speed GT (I think that's what it was called. M3's, Vipers, 911's, Audi's, etc), Formula Ford, Formula BMW, and Miata Cup racing. There were tons of crashes all day long because it was fairly humid out and it rained a little. I lost count of all the 1st corner crashes. I swear the lead changed due to crashes like 5 or 6 times during the Miata race along. They'd all come flying up the straight three wide and slam on the brakes deeper and deeper into the corner on every lap. :lol: It was like they were trying to see who could brake the latest without losing control and spinning out.



-Mark
 
Take my Blazer, throw fast bags on it or hydros since , drop a built LS1 in it with a nice supercharger setup, then get a trick House of Kolorz paint job on it. I figure I could easy spend 100k on all of that, most of that going for the engine.

Then with the money left over I'd buy me an F-150, put a few inch lift on it with some bigger tires. Add some Yamaha YZ-450 dirt bikes and here is my off road, out doors truck.
 
Back