I got me a BMW 3

• Thread starter Duke
  • 59 comments
Duke!!!! I'm so envious. That is the EXACT car that I'm looking to get. Color and everything! Well, maybe I'd go for the 330i :sly: but other then that, right down to the letter.

Man, I'm SO coming up to deleware SOON to check out this sweet car. So be expecting me:D

Dang, those wheels are sweet. Maybe another time, though.

Swift, you're welcome any time.

Duke
Swift, you're welcome any time.

I'll let you know when I'm on the way up. And I'm quite serious(as I know you are too :) )

Brilliant addition Duke. The 3 is looking very sweet, mum's got the same shape but with the normal styled headlights.

Once again, i'm liking it!! :cheers:

Your car is so-o-o-o much cooler than the "new" Honda that's coming to live with us next month.
But you can't beat the price!
There's a two door 3-series at the place the wife and I got the Camry.
I keep telling myself to give it a look. But, I've loved "3's" since my first ride in an old 320i.
I know it would end expensively.:lol:
Great ride Duke. If fits you.

Nice car, but y'know the chances of people letting you out of junctions has been halved.

:)

See, I always let people out. So I figure I'm doing my bit as an ambassador from BMW drivers to the rest of the world.

Q: What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

A: The porcupine has the pr*cks on the outside...

Boom tish.

Gil, don't envy the cool factor. With two nice new-ish cars in the driveway I'm already thinking about the days when I had two old Neons in the driveway... and no car payment. Best 5 years of my life.

^ I have an easy cure for any buyer's remorse you may feel.

-Locate DSC button on center console; press and hold for 3 seconds until TCS light and "BRAKE" light appears in amber.

-You will know what to do from there. ;)

M

Thanks. So far, it's been great - no problems at all. I love to drive it and it's even getting good feul economy, considering how often I have my foot in it. The 2.5l 6 is so smooth I've banged it off the rev limiter at 6700 a number of times, because it dosn't feel like it's straining at all as it revs.

Duke
Thanks. So far, it's been great - no problems at all. I love to drive it and it's even getting good feul economy, considering how often I have my foot in it. The 2.5l 6 is so smooth I've banged it off the rev limiter at 6700 a number of times, because it dosn't feel like it's straining at all as it revs.

I noticed the same thing when I got ot autocross one. Very smooth right up to the redline. But since it was an automatic, I never got to bounce it:sly:

That's a fantastic choice, man !! Congrats ! I also absolutely LOVE the E46 Bimmers, I'm doing my drivers training in a E46 (ok....it's a 320d, so what?) fully loaded, with the same specs as yours (i mean interior, rims etc....) can't wait :D....BMW's are truly fabulous cars :)

Congratulations again, take good care of it and enjoy it ;)

You know, I wish I lived where you guys do, or had your job. I could never afford a 3-series...of any year...where I live.

Nice car Duke. Some girl I work with has the non sports, automatic version of that car. It's a very nice care, I'm jelous. My question is what part of jeresy are you from? I'm from the central part, around Old Bridge.

Very nice car Duke!

And you also Millie!

My friends moms car i think i can't remember is a 330i, i only have seen it once, and it was at night, and the car is black... so yeah.

Jim Prower
You know, I wish I lived where you guys do, or had your job. I could never afford a 3-series...of any year...where I live.
It actually wasn't all that expensive, in the grand scheme of things. About the price of a new Neon SRT. Not "cash & carry" cheap, but not that much.
importfan1
Nice car Duke. Some girl I work with has the non sports, automatic version of that car. It's a very nice care, I'm jelous. My question is what part of jeresy are you from? I'm from the central part, around Old Bridge.
Actually, I live in Delaware, but the car was from north Jersey - Bloomfield, more or less due west of Manhattan. It was a bit of a drive to get it, but hey, I flew to Atlanta to buy my old Neon...
Milliethemutt
Wahey. Got a 330i.
Very pretty. If I didn't already have a vehicle with a box back, I'd have been looking at Tourings. Very nice!

Mine was just under £10,000. It only has 48,000 miles on which for the age is quite low. I've been out for the first proper drive this evening with a few friends with a 328i and a 944. It just keeps getting better.

Duke
It actually wasn't all that expensive, in the grand scheme of things. About the price of a new Neon SRT. Not "cash & carry" cheap, but not that much.

see, I can't even afford THAT....I'm wallowing in the sub-$1000 range....

I need a better job.

**fails to resist urge to show off his own 3er**

Here's some pics I took last year of my 330i ZHP. Just wanted to share :D

zhp10.jpg

zhp11.jpg

zhp12.jpg

My previous 3ers.

M

Back