• Thread starter Tom
  • 88 comments

Tom

Voice of Gran Turismo
Premium
United Kingdom
Kent
tombrookscomms
So today my Dad and I headed down to the local motorcycle shops and we came across this little number. A Suzuki TS50, great for when I finally take my CBT in March. It needs a little work, including some new plastics and so on. I may repaint it as well, although it'll need to contrast with the blue seat so if you have any suggestions then fire away!

397695_10200235510675650_1865525274_n_zpsb8e834ba.jpg

Congratulations! I've always wanted a riding license. For the paint I would say black or white always seem to look better with blue then any other color. Maybe a dark gray too.

Red and black or Red and Blue would be what I would paint it.

Congratulations! I've always wanted a riding license. For the paint I would say black or white always seem to look better with blue then any other color. Maybe a dark gray too.

I'm seriously considering the white option, my only worry is the amount of cleaning that will be needed.

Wow that's a steal. A friend of mine is trying to sell me his 3 wheeler. I've already got one but I want another lol.

Wow that's a steal. A friend of mine is trying to sell me his 3 wheeler. I've already got one but I want another lol.

:lol: It's an addiction I know! Only £24.99 for pretty much a full set of plastics as well.

Tom
:lol: It's an addiction I know! Only £24.99 for pretty much a full set of plastics as well.

Lucky you, the ATC I'm looking at restoring, the plastics cost as much as I can get the bike for.

I'm really seriously considering it. But I need a job first haha. I told him I really wanted it.

EDIT:

Just looked up plastic prices for mine....phew....I don't know what to say. Prices are all over the place. Used the lowest I saw was $24 for a rear section. Front fender new was $73. The rear, again new, was $173. Good lord. $250 for plastics alone and I can get the bike for $200.

Last edited:
So I've now got those plastics, speedometer and rev counter cables. Looking forward to fitting them.

Tom
So I've now got those plastics, speedometer and rev counter cables. Looking forward to fitting them.

I find it more fun to be excited about having them and actually installing them than actually using them haha.

Also, with a speedo I'm curious as to what it tops out at. I'm guessing around 45-50ish. That might be a little high though.

Slashfan
I find it more fun to be excited about having them and actually installing them than actually using them haha.

Also, with a speedo I'm curious as to what it tops out at. I'm guessing around 45-50ish. That might be a little high though.

You might not be far wrong, I believe it's been derestricted so I'll let you know when I give it a whirl.

Nice! Congrats on your first bike. :cheers:

Can't say I've ever been one for two wheels though. :ill: I'm much more comfortable with the stability of my four wheels. ;)

I looked up some specs, the 50 has just over 3ft-lbs torque...:P

lol, Just kidding man, that looks like a neat first bike.
Plus it's a dual sport, so you can take it to where it wants to be, the dirt. 👍

I looked up some specs, the 50 has just over 3ft-lbs torque...:P

lol, Just kidding man, that looks like a neat first bike.
Plus it's a dual sport, so you can take it to where it wants to be, the dirt. 👍

That's power for you! :lol: I'm looking forward to a bit of dirt-tracking if the mood takes me!

Congrats mate 👍

Cheers buddy. :D

---

Just thought everyone should know that the bike has been stripped back to the frame as the plastics need respraying. The guy who owned it before was obviously a "Billy Bodge-it" kind-of-guy as he had tried to respray the engine cover black without taking it out of the frame! Meaning that I spent a fair amount of time in the garage today with some degreaser and thinner getting the colour back to grey. Don't get me started on the petrol tank either...

Sounds like a fun resto-project. Wish I could help haha.

It's actually quite enjoyable, I've never been one for this sort of thing but I think that I'll certainly have a sense of self-achievement when it's done.

...Until the wheel falls off.

That's what I like about doing restorations on those old ATC's that I like. When they are done I don't even want to ride them. I want to sit back an admire my work.

Back