I got my first motorcycle!

• Thread starter Tom
  • 88 comments
I didn't realize you had all the other stuff done to it, could you sumerize what you have done to it? I'm interested. Visually though that bike is worth ten-fold more than what you go it for. It looks fantastic and I would love to have it although a bigger engine would be nice haha.

Definitely do some kind of logo on the tank though, that would really liven it up I think. Nice work man, maybe you should take up some of these kind of projects and sell them for more money. Theres a great market for this kind of thing beleive it or not.

Like I said if I were you, since you enjoyed this one so much, I would start doing more of them in your spare time and then sell them for a profit 👍

I always go on about old car to my dad. He gets very angry because of me being persistently annoying about it. He told me I should get a workshop when I'm an adult and do that with any old cars.

Like I said if I were you, since you enjoyed this one so much, I would start doing more of them in your spare time and then sell them for a profit 👍

It's certainly an idea, but unfortunately my Dad ended up doing the majority of the work as I stay at my Mum's during the week.

cgg
I always go on about old car to my dad. He gets very angry because of me being persistently annoying about it. He told me I should get a workshop when I'm an adult and do that with any old cars.
I've annoyed my dad like that before, he actually raised his voice once because I wouldn't let go of something once lol
Tom
It's certainly an idea, but unfortunately my Dad ended up doing the majority of the work as I stay at my Mum's during the week.

Maybe you could find a way to do it there, unless the tools to do so are at your dads which is more likely the case.

If it were me I'd tell him back off and let me do it unless you want to buy your own XD

I always go on my dads iPad, type in 1967 mustang (for example) an show him all the possible ones for sale in te UK. He always gets irritated, and tells me to stop pestering him. He's never raised his voice over it though. He is only interested in Mach 1's, the more expensive ones in this country.

Mach 1's were made 1969-1977 =P

Back on topic:

Tom what are you looking to get out of this bike when you put it up for sale next year?

I know, but I always look for fast backs not Mach1's. that was part of my point. A mach1 is over double the price of a fast back.

It really is a beautiful bike. When I first saw it I thought, oh dear not another teen with a battered old bike. I didn't expect the end result.

Mach 1's were made 1969-1977 =P

Back on topic:

Tom what are you looking to get out of this bike when you put it up for sale next year?

Well I'd like to get about £700-£800 for it as they're only going up in value.

A Mach 1 is essentially a GT from previous years just under a new name.

That's funny you thought that.

I knew when a mach1 was made. I don't understand.

Is that all you want for that bike? I would expect a lot more. About £1500-£2000

cgg

Is that all you want for that bike? I would expect a lot more. About £1500-£2000

As it's only a 50cc, I highly doubt I'd get that.

cgg

If he added the decal and matched the rim colors I'd say that bike would easily fetch $1,000-$1,500 in the condition it's in. If it had a larger engine it would go up maybe a little but since the eingine is all original as far as I know it makes the bike worth more, at least in my eyes.

Even though it's only a 50cc, the condition is what matters and the fact it's orginal, not the engine size. I've seen ATC 90's over here in the states fetch $2,000 totally restored.

Tom, the end result looks amazing! I bet you can't wait to get out and test it, is there any chance you can take it for a spin just outside your house without getting caught?

Tom, the end result looks amazing! I bet you can't wait to get out and test it, is there any chance you can take it for a spin just outside your house without getting caught?

There's a private road next to us which I can run it down to see if it goes and stops as it should. 👍

So my Dad and I fitted the last few bits to the bike today and finally got it running again! The previous owner had over-timed the carburettor and once everything else on the engine had been sorted out, it idled at 7,000 RPM! We finally got it sorted and now it runs sweetly.

Having never ridden a geared bike before, my Dad showed me how to pull away and I got the hang of it, despite clicking the lever up meaning that I was in 2nd for the first few tries. :lol:

Sounds good Tom, it won't be long till I get my motorbike, just need to hurry up and sell my house so I can get money!

Thought I should update everyone on current events. I got my crash helmet on Tuesday, a G-Mac Scirocco in case you were wondering. Also, my CBT is booked for Sunday 3rd March and providing I sort insurance and tax out, I should be on the road the following weekend. 👍

Tom
So today my Dad and I headed down to the local motorcycle shops and we came across this little number. A Suzuki TS50, great for when I finally take my CBT in March. It needs a little work, including some new plastics and so on. I may repaint it as well, although it'll need to contrast with the blue seat so if you have any suggestions then fire away!

397695_10200235510675650_1865525274_n_zpsb8e834ba.jpg

Lol great litlle bikes Tom :) i had 1 of those when i was 16 👍

Tom
Did you see the almost finished version mate? Do you still ride now? :)

Yeah I was going to say mine was yellow then saw the pic, I don't ride on the road anymore but I go over the fields on motocross bikes.

You've done a good job on it 👍

Yeah I was going to say mine was yellow then saw the pic, I don't ride on the road anymore but I go over the fields on motocross bikes.

You've done a good job on it 👍

Good to hear Gedi, much appreciated! 👍

Back