I hate how the AI will bump you off and you lose 15 seconds
I hate how everyone loves it
I hate flugplatz
I hate karussel
I hate all 172 other corners
I hate how every series always ends there
I hate everything else about it

I hate the Nuerburgring

I hate people who hate something because they are incapable of conquering it.

I love Call of Duty 3, but I can't beat it for my life.

Heh, I understand your frustration, I know I would have agreed with much of what you say when I was working on IA-15.

But the track kinda grows on you, and I find myself wishing there were a few more races on it. In fact lately I've been doing a number of Family Cups on it.

I hate how long it is
I hate it's perpetual gloominess
I hate how it has two endurance races
I hate how bumpy it is
I hate how it has 2 full lap license tests
I hate how it has Mission 34
I hate how bumpy it is
I hate flugplatz
I hate karussel

I hate the Nuerburgring

I really, really like the Ring (I try not to use the word "love" when possible). None the less, I might even go so far as to say I love the Ring.

That said, the Ring is the "Mecca" of auto enthusiast across the world. The Ring serves as the ultimate test of car and driver.

The Ring is (IMO) the most important location in the world for drivers everywhere.

Btw, I love how accurate the Ring was recreated in GT4. It made the game for me and has kept my interest at times when nothing else in GT would be enough. All in all, the Ring is my favorite course in the world. :cheers:

Oh and btw, sorry to hear you hate the Ring so much... That's a shame, you're really missing out on some of the most advanced racing possible.

And...
You know, there's a reason it is called "green hell"...
Indeed there is a reason, it is Jacky Stewart! :lol: ;)

Thats too bad, there's so many things you can learn by driving the course, most of which, if you actually learn and then fully understand, can help you out in just about everything, from setting cars to saving a car from crashing

Thats too bad, there's so many things you can learn by driving the course, most of which, if you actually learn and then fully understand, can help you out in just about everything, from setting cars to saving a car from crashing

This is a good point.

A few months ago I was determined to get a sub 5 minute time at the Nürburgring, and although I don’t feel like I learnt anything more about the ’ring from doing it (I’d already done countless laps, including A-Speccing the 24hr Endurance race on it for 200 pts), I seemed to have gained something and now my driving is substantially faster on all circuits. I have no idea what, though, I don’t know how my driving style has changed…

There's only two cures for a hate like that:

1) Stop playing

2) Start driving

I'm not trying to be overly flippant there but the Nurburgring is, as has been mentioned by others, one of the great reasons to stick with GT4.

If you find it hard then that's okay, just practise until it isn't. To be brutal, if you don't wish to spend the time necessary to become proficient then just don't do it - play something arcady instead. On a more practical level, drive it in Free Run in something slow and softly sprung until it sinks in.

Truly, it's not that hard. If you're old enough to drive then you probably take more corners than that on the way to work and back :D.

I love the Nurburgring. I sucked at it at 1st, but didn't we all? I guess there are 2 types of people when it comes to the Nurburgring; those who confront the challenge, at the aim of conquering, and those who see the challenge, and aim to do what needs to be done to get by.

Each to their own, but the Nurburgring rocks!!

I actually think there are 3, the two you mentioned, and then the ones who just wanna try the legendary ring, not conquer or fear it.(that was me a while ago)

I hate the Nuerburgring
You can't drive on it well because it's mad at you for misspelling its name. Learn the correct spelling, ask its forgiveness, and all will be well with the German toll road.

You can't drive on it well because it's mad at you for misspelling its name. Learn the correct spelling, ask its forgiveness, and all will be well with the German toll road.

Actually without the umlaut on the u the proper way to spell it is Nuerburgring. Nurburgring is incorrect. ;)

So remember kids…

Incorrect
Nurburgring

Correct
Nürburgring
Nuerburgring

but you see, we all realize that there are supposed to be "two dots" over the u, if peopel knew how to make the umlaut over the u, actually, could you tell me?
Nürburgring

I luv the Ring & I've driven on it so many times, first in PGR2 then Forza & now in GT4, that I know every turn intimately - as well as those on any of the shorter tracks. It's just a matter of stringing them all together without making a mistake... 👍

Greetings Knights Of The Motorways,
As I have stated in other posts, I have driven the ring, in a car, and on a motorcycle.It is indeed a challenge. Changes in elevation, track surface, lighting and even weather. It is history, it is glory of years gone by, it is a track unequaled in it's challenges, and equaled only by Spa in it's historic signifigance.
It cannot be appreciated nor fully experienced in this game. But if looked at with a less jaundiced eye, and driven with exuberance and not dread, it is indeed a joy.
Ye Olde Skooler
Fangio

I really, really like the Ring (I try not to use the word "love" when possible). None the less, I might even go so far as to say I love the Ring.

That said, the Ring is the "Mecca" of auto enthusiast across the world. The Ring serves as the ultimate test of car and driver.

The Ring is (IMO) the most important location in the world for drivers everywhere.

Btw, I love how accurate the Ring was recreated in GT4. It made the game for me and has kept my interest at times when nothing else in GT would be enough. All in all, the Ring is my favorite course in the world. :cheers:

Oh and btw, sorry to hear you hate the Ring so much... That's a shame, you're really missing out on some of the most advanced racing possible.

And...

Indeed there is a reason, it is Jacky Stewart! :lol: ;)

Squire kent,
I am amused at any mention of The Wee Whiny Scot! Mr. Stoo Wart should stick to banal race coverage and running charity golf tournaments! The greatest Scot, Mr. Jim Clark, whose helmet Mr. Stoo Wart is not fit to carry!
Just a thought(or 2)
Your Opinionated Servant
Fangio

I hate how long it is
I hate it's perpetual gloominess
I hate how it has two endurance races
I hate how bumpy it is
I hate how it has 2 full lap license tests
I hate how it has Mission 34
I hate how bumpy it is
I hate flugplatz
I hate karussel

I hate the Nuerburgring

turn off driving aids, silly. :sly: j/k.

can we just make a rule to remove the E, it looks bad, there would be an umlaut key if we were german, but its american, please!

can we just make a rule to remove the E, it looks bad, there would be an umlaut key if we were german, but its american, please!

:banghead:

You may not have a ü key, but you have both a u and an e key. Why not spell it right?

tell ya what, im putting the ü in my sig, so i never forget to put it on my Nürburgring. lol, such a petty argument, and it was 75% my doings... :(

u do have some good points but u gotta try and enjoy it - try and enjoy conquering the liscense test. Take the ring at a reasonable pace i think and make sure u brake early lol.

also i hate the ai's too but i say give em hell they hate being rammed and when the try to correct themsleves they muck up even more.......sometimes :)

Back