I HATE THE TIRE WEAR AND THE PENALTY TIMES SUCK!!!!

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 38 comments
Perhaps I should turn those on. My main issue on Fuji is not being able to see the apexes or track sides in bumper cam due to the low viewpoint and angles of the track. Can't see what I need to aim for, driving blind half the track. I almost switched to chase cam last race.
I understand why people use them. What I don't understand is why PD made them collision objects for those who aren't using the cones. All it takes is someone within visual range of the person using the cones to take a line over them and boom.. cone is moved, defeating the purpose for those who have them on.

I understand why people use them. What I don't understand is why PD made them collision objects for those who aren't using the cones. All it takes is someone within visual range of the person using the cones to take a line over them and boom.. cone is moved, defeating the purpose for those who have them on.

I would love if they were ghosts like the driving markers.

I got a cone stuck under the front in gr3 and lost a spot down the last straight.
Couldn’t figure out why I was slow...saw it on replay. Haven’t been able to duplicate that though.
Sometimes I get screwed up when folks take out the meter markers.
I agree that if it pays to be dirty then a lot of players will do it.
Re wear...the cause...Easy to figure out if you don’t think in game terms. Think real life.
It’s the same and you can tell when your slip angle is excessive in game quite easily.
To me it works great.

Correct. Tire wear in SEEMS to be excessive in the early life of the tire, but we don't know because of the multiplier, and this is what I am most frustrated by.

Take this week's Race C. 13 laps with 13X tire wear. If the tires are wearing out at 13X, that means all the things in the lap are 13X, essentially resulting in 13X laps. So, 13X13= 169 laps or roughly 4.5 hours of racing.

It's hard to compare 20 minutes to 4.5 hours, but obviously, a small slide has a vastly more profound effect when the multiplier increases.

What this does is effectively negate any penalty you might incur. You could knock someone off track, and the 5 seconds you incur is essentially equal to the time the other person loses because of the loss in grip.
The multiplier just makes everything worse. It only serves to exaggerate how poor the game is when it comes to tyre wear. Even if it's at 13 times wear, you should at least be able to drive the car at reasonable speed until the lap before you pit. Having this changed would potentially even the field for drivers who may not be soo kind on tyres, or use a controller. Trying to handle worn tyres on a controller is much harder than a steering wheel due to it's smaller range of movement.

Here's what I am going on about.

Exhibit 1 - I hit a wayward driving cone and get launched.
4981069233110679552_0.jpg

Exhibit 2 - Since I am in the middle of a long corner, this caused me to lose control and skid
4981632171789811720_0.jpg

Exhibit 3 - The skid cause me to hit the wall
5125184410447020032_0.jpg

The impact caused me to lose a huge amount of speed, obviously, but for some reason the game decides that this is worthy of a 5 second penalty. So, if I drive straight into another player and ruin their race, I get the same penalty as taking myself out of a race...ya, makes sense :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Also, the slide roasted my tires, thereby ruining the race altogether for me. I had to pit early to avoid losing too many positions and I had to run 10 laps on hards, lest I fall to the back of the pack after starting on pole.

I finished the race in second, 10 seconds back. If I had just let second place catch me and then run him off track, I would likely have won and eliminated the prime contender for victory. Seems to me that being dirty is the better strategy. I'm sure others use that tactic.

Best to avoid cones when racing.

I'm surprised this wasn't about the pinball physics of car crashes. Related to this I suppose.

I figured the only way to drive aggressive and enjoy something from the x13 race C this week is to pit twice, did a lot of testing last night and when I didn't get tangled up in other peoples crashes and mishaps, I was very competitive. I didn't win a race yet So still something missing in my strat.

Tempted to try even three stops tonight, As you don't need to worry about fuel, But you need clear track in front of you to make a benefit, which makes you realise how important you need a pit crew strategist box you in a good window, Which we don't have, so your just guessing, Was fun anyway ragging them chocolate tyres finally.

Sigh...............the topic of this issue again repeat over and over. Plus its not gonna change after the distress cried out. Play it or Quit it.

So you want the game to have no tire wear and no penalties, mainly for online? This isn't Forza, honestly. Forza 7, IIRC, had no penalties and no tire wear either (at leas tin online) and players who intentionally and deliberately ram into others get no punishment whatsoever and get away with it.

No offense, OP, but tire wears and penalties are there for a reason. If you don't like that, then there's another racing game that doesn't feature tire wear and penalties. And believe me, you won't like them. At all.

Back