I have $100,000, what to buy???

  • Thread starter Thread starter spaz13
  • 32 comments
  • 1,185 views
Messages
26
Ok, I have did most of the races in beginner in Sim mode, but I still have to do the 80's Sport Cup, Beetle Cup, Lightweight, Audi TT race, Altezza race, Vitz race, Evolution race. I already have theese cars for the races: Alto Works car, New Beetle, RX7 Infinity, Lexus IS, Vitz (not the Euro one, regular), and an Evo. I cant remember the exact models, but give me a basis of some stuff you would do at this point. I also have a bunch more cars, my best being a almost 600 HP Z06, so, what would you do?
 
I would do the exact same thing I actually did to get on my way.

First take that corvette and race the amuetur league with it.

With 600 in that sucker you should be able to win some stuff.
Then it will become easy as hell because you will be able to get prize cars from the ametuer league. Most of those are good.

So try that out, if that doesnt work, take you 100,000 and go buy yourself a car you are confident with.

All of the cars in the gt catergory that I talked about in another thread are capable of being modified to the point of nice racers.
(those would be perfect since they are cheap enough for you to buy them and stick the rest of the money on turbos and all that other great stuff..."those" being supra's and rx-7's.)

I would also stress to you racing the ametuer league asap so you can get some good prize cars. Take it to the euro championship to get the gillet vertigo and then to the American champ to get the camaro race car.

I also want to remind you that with your 100,000 you can fix that alteeza you have, fix it up to the max and then race the amutuer alteeza cup.

That will give you the alteeza lm and with that you could sweep the rest of the game.

Just remember to save on the second to last race so that if you dont get the right prize car, you can load and skip the final race, hence getting a second chance (or as many as needed) at getting that LM racer.

That is what I would do first... yea, forget what I said earlier and go straight for the alteeza cup, thats a sure fire way to get a nice racer.
 
Thanks, I just went and checked, the Vette has 651 horses. So, should I finish Beginner League or go ahead to Ameteur? TIA
 
Alright, well, I will go dump some more money into the Lexus, thanks for the help, what else should I save up for???
 
If I was gonna save up for anything, I would save up for modification money for your prize cars.

Once you get the lexus prize car, you'll be able to sweep every race in amutuer becuase you will be able to put about 1000 hp into that alteeza LM.

At that point you should come back to gtplanet and look at the prize car list to find out what series to race first.

You can get almost every good car in the game through the prizes.

Plus, if you do the alteeza thing, win all the amutuer stuff, you will win the oreca viper just for getting all gold in the amutuer league.

Good luck and remember not to waste money on cars buying them, just race out the specific race you checked on gtp and you will be able to get every car you want.

Plus remember that "save on the next to last race of the series" thing, it makes it so you can always get the prize car you want and helps a great deal.
 
Thanks man, I've got a stage 3 turbo, all engine mods, and all drivetrain mods on the Lexus, still not the fastest thing, but, if I can learn to drive this thing, It should be OK. I'm used to my Z06 (my baby!). Hehe.
 
nop, skyline R34. it maxes out at like 1000+ hp so like it'lll take u all da way to Pro league ^_^
 
You go into the Nissan list, and go through the 5 Skylines there. It'll be the one on the end.
 
no offense, but there arent many races that you need a viper for...until of course you win the Oreca...


ok, heres some advice...dont waste your money on worthless cars...yeah, you can use the R34 for stuff, or a viper, or whatever...but no.

I like the altezza suggestion...take your lexus to get the LM Race Car. Dont worry about having beginner half answered, you can always go back and do it later...just do whatever you can when you can. The Altezza LM is a good car, and you should be able to use it to take the first few in amateur...which get some mighty fine cars...heres what you can win (using the trick where you save the game before the last race, and win the first 4 so yo ucan skip the last one...)

Japanese Championship - not really worth it...a little bit of money, and its pretty easy, but all you can win is stuff you pretty much already have

American Championship - Good money, can be a challenege if your car is underpowered, but its worth it. Best car, Camaro LM Race Car...thats a nice car, faster than the Altezza, can do some nice stuff with this one...the other cars are pretty boring...

European Championship - This one is harder than the American, best to use the Camaro to do this one...I like this one, the courses are more fun than the others, you get some good prize money, and then the best prize car - the Vertigo. Major fun car...very fast, very fun, very cool...

GT World Championship - This is the hardest of the 5...but the most rewarding...if you have a good car, and you can handle it, its worth it. The Z Concept and the RX-8 are prize cars, and fun, but not worth your time. Instead, you can get the C-West Razo Silvia (dont, its not worth it either) or.....and heres what your baby should be...the GT-One Road Car. Very very good car. Fastest of the bunch, one of my personal favs, great to take out stuff like enduros and other races. Get here soon, and youll be rich...

German Touring Car Championship - this ones kinda hard, but fun and kinda rewarding. You need a pretty good car, but if you have one its a nice simple, fun win. Dont bother with the cup cars, but the Astra Touring car is about as good as the Camaro, maybe a little better, and the RUF is cool but not very practical.


Heres what I did and worked great for me - just use one car to win the next, and then tune it with your prize money and use it to win the next. Get the altezza, then do the races in this order...American, use the Camaro for the Euro and German, you dont really use the astra but its fun to have, but use the Vertigo...I like the vertigo...and use it to take the GT World. It can be a challenging race, but the competition pits + you dont = you win the GT-One. Once oyu have the GT-One, you can do all sorts of things...MRs in pro, Enduros, finish up all those loose ends that you couldnt take before...and, you should be a rich rich man...especially if you do somthing like this...once you get the camaro LM, use it to take the american champ a few times, win more camaros, sell them, and youll have a bunch of money that you can then use for other things like tuning your beetle, 80s, whatever you want. Or get the vertigo, and use that to win more vertigos...they sell for 300,000 each, and the races are more fun than the Amercian champ. You can easily get a few million this way, buy anything you need, and have a whole lot of fun in the mean time.

Heres one last tip - the higher difficulty the race is, the better the prize. So, if you can take the harder races, do it, get the big prizes, and then go back and use your prizes to take the races from before. Makes it alot easier. Or, if you like a challenge (I know some people who do) you can pourposfully limit what you put into your car...but its still nice to have money!

Hope this helps you out, and remember...GT-One is your key to easy enduros...F1 cars...everyone needs F1 cars...
 
Wow! Thanks man! I still need to get the Lexus tuned up for the races. Any ideas on tires, gears, etc? It has like full racing suspension and drivetrain. Thanks for the help everybody!
 
medium tires. A few wider then the middle settin in gears.
 
if the 100 grand is burning a hole in your pocket and you just have to get a car, here goes.

1st pick, get a Vette Z06, oilchange, medium tires, exaust, chip, weight reduce 1, lighten flywheel, lightended driveshaft and then heavy duty clutch. If you have cash left over hit up some suspension mods or maybe a bit more engine go go goodies. This should be around about 100k and give you a car that will perform well enough to run several series in amature or atleast let you beat em up in beginner and then upgrade it some more. I would suggest not getting to heavy on the hp though.

2nd pick. Not quite as much bang for the buck, but deffinantly looks cool. Got to TVR get the sixspeed (about 80,000) as i remember. hit the oilchange, full exaust, chip, clutch, flywheel, and driveshaft. Hit the 1st weight reductions and if any left, see about some suspension. The car handles beautifly out of the box and has a very nice power to weight ratio so you don't need a huge amount of extra power to start off with. Once you get about 10k together later on grab some super slicks and have fun.

Both of these cars don't need gobs of power to be comptative and are actually better left at lower levels in terms of hp. :cool:
 
How many races are in the Altezza Ameteur race?? I forgot to check, so I dont know which race I should save at the end of. Doh!
 
Heh, mine is a Z06 with about 650 HP. Isnt there 4 races in the Altezz Race?
 
You want the definitive answer to this question?



The car thats eligible to enter THE MOST races of any car is: RUF 3400S.


I would buy that if I had 100,000. It can enter more races than any other car in GT3 and it is one of the best (non-race) cars in GT3 IMO.


I would say its in the top 20 best road cars. I can pull off crazy fast laps with it. I think fully modded its pushing 640hp. Its got enormous grip and it handles like its on rails. Even off the line it hooks up fast due to the MR design.

After Stage 3 lightweight it weighs under 2,300lbs which is getting into Civic territory.
 
Well, I played a lot last night, got the Altezza LM Race car, Camaro Race Car, Vertigo, GT One, and a NSX. Im gonna do the German Touring Car Championship today probally. I have like, $350,000. What do I need to do next???
 
Wow, your fast at that...and didnt I tell you that it was a good plan? Now you have just about any plan you want to persue. Personaly, I like going for the rallys...heres how to do it...

Use your best (probably the GT one) to win more GT ones or more Vertigos. You can do these races over and over if you need to. Or just use the car to take out everything it can...which isnt much...sooo - use it to win more vertigos. You sell them, get tons and tons of credits. You can easily break 1 million. It only takes an hour to get any car in the game.

If you want to do rallys, get rich like this, tune a Lancer, and use it for the Lancer cups. You get the Tommi edition lancer rally car - one of the best. Using this baby, you can get the Escudo (along with every other rally car in the game) in no time at all. You could go for all those little races that you need too...not to mention cranking out those high hp numbers from the cars you have in your garage. You could easily max out any car you want. Its not very practical, seeing as it uses massive amounts of money for the big turbos, but its still nice to see how good you can get your baby...then shatter your old times with new prize cars...

All I can say now, is welcome to the ranks! Your well on your way...you can do anything in the game about now.

ps - I know your dying to get an F1, so take that GT one of yours, give it that last turbo and some super-slicks, and take out some of those enduros. It may take a couple times, and many hours (2 hours each race) but eventually youll start getting some nice cars. Good luck, and have fun!
 
Well, I did the Like the Wind race and got a 787B. w00t!!!
 
To win the game, you dont need any more advice. You could win the entire game easily with the cars you now have.
 
Back