I have a troll problem

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 53 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Chameleon9000
I use this website allot at my school, and recently some of my 'freinds' have been creating troll accounts with the intention of getting me banned. Now i am a bit afraid that an admin is going to ban the schools IP, which would be a disaster for me. can one of the admins/moderators inform me on what may happen? Thanks :nervous:

If it becomes a serious problem, we'll have to block the IP.

Hmmm... What classifies as a serious problem? Currently I am aware that two confirmed 'troll' accounts have been banned from this school: one called sprucemoose and one called trollmaster69. And now one called priceguru. I am also aware of two active members from this school who have been using the site for a while now (pollux458, he is completely clean and Dan45, who is completely clean too) and two other accounts that have been created from my school, but haven't done anything stupid yet. When does that number become a real problem? :ill::indiff:

Last edited:
Hmmm... What classifies as a serious problem? Currently I am aware that two confirmed 'troll' accounts have been banned from this school: one called sprucemoose and one called trollmaster69. I am also aware of two active members from this school who have been using the site for a while now (pollux458, he is completely clean and Dan45, who is completely clean too) and two other accounts that have been created from my school, but haven't done anything stupid yet. When does that number become a real problem? :ill::indiff:
Wow I'm bit late. Anyway,go to the same school as Chameleon9000 and I am one of the few who actually use the website properly and abide by the rules of the forums. Using these forums at school allows us to communicate through means of conversation and is really great way to get our mind of school work (that's probably not a good thing:lol:).Would it be possible for you to ban all accounts that are created from this IP from this point on-wards?

Wow I'm bit late. Anyway,go to the same school as Chameleon9000 and I am one of the few who actually use the website properly and abide by the rules of the forums. Using these forums at school allows us to communicate through means of conversation and is really great way to get our mind of school work (that's probably not a good thing:lol:).Would it be possible for you to ban all accounts that are created from this IP from this point on-wards?
That was what i was going to suggest. maybe you could make a bot to do this or something? Sorry, i don't know much about website design.

My friend did the same thing, I was actually watching him type it. Though lucky for me, he's been banned twice and hasn't touched it again and now I'm to being the only one at my school who uses GTPlanet :lol:.

Though, I have to ask, is the IP Banning the reason why my school hadn't blocked the site unlike other similar sites?

My friend did the same thing, I was actually watching him type it. Though lucky for me, he's been banned twice and hasn't touched it again and now I'm to being the only one at my school who uses GTPlanet :lol:.

Though, I have to ask, is the IP Banning the reason why my school hadn't blocked the site unlike other similar sites?

The DET have to know of the site as in it has to be popular.

Some things on the site give things away like message board headers which the DET also block.

The DET have to know of the site as in it has to be popular.

Some things on the site give things away like message board headers which the DET also block.
That may be the case there, but where I went to school, it all relied on a set of guidelines made by the internet filter that my school uses. One of those guidelines was Instant Messaging Sites. They would block sites that had a chat feature. At times, message boards would get caught up in that nonsense in my district.

That may be the case there, but where I went to school, it all relied on a set of guidelines made by the internet filter that my school uses. One of those guidelines was Instant Messaging Sites. They would block sites that had a chat feature. At times, message boards would get caught up in that nonsense in my district.

GTplanet.net is blocked at my work as it is a game/forum site
But civinfo.com is not blocked at all and it is a car/forum site

One is a large community for GT games
The other is just a small forum in the UK for owners of the 2006+ civic hatchback

It is a pain at times.

GTplanet.net is blocked at my work as it is a game/forum site
But civinfo.com is not blocked at all and it is a car/forum site

One is a large community for GT games
The other is just a small forum in the UK for owners of the 2006+ civic hatchback

It is a pain at times.
Use Ultrasurf. I don't know but it might work.

Ah, more school yard drama :rolleyes:, just what this site needs. 👎 I'm old school so this is probably not going to sit well with the younger generation, but sites like this should be blocked from schools, period. This is a gaming/fansite and has nothing to do with school work. You are at school for a reason, to learn, not chat with your friends about GT, Forza, ect. If there comes a time where this site is truly needed for a school project, then unblock it for that time period then block it again once the project is done. Computers are a wonderful addition to the school system as far as a learning tool, but they can also be abused. Sites like this should only be accessed from home, or on your leisure time, not during school or even work. You're at school to learn, at work to work, not to waste other people's time visiting these websites. Do your leisurely browsing on your own time.

Ah, more school yard drama :rolleyes:, just what this site needs. 👎 I'm old school so this is probably not going to sit well with the younger generation, but sites like this should be blocked from schools, period. This is a gaming/fansite and has nothing to do with school work. You are at school for a reason, to learn, not chat with your friends about GT, Forza, ect. If there comes a time where this site is truly needed for a school project, then unblock it for that time period then block it again once the project is done. Computers are a wonderful addition to the school system as far as a learning tool, but they can also be abused. Sites like this should only be accessed from home, or on your leisure time, not during school or even work. You're at school to learn, at work to work, not to waste other people's time visiting these websites. Do your leisurely browsing on your own time.
:P yeah... Your probably right... and that's exactly why i use this site at school. Sorry, but yeah, school is kind of terrible without GTP.

Students should be evaluated on their test scores, not what they choose to do with their own time. Are you going to take away their phones and tablets too? No one goes to school to be learning for 7 straight hours nor would you learn much if that's what you tried to do, downtime is just as important as learning time.

Last edited:
Students should be evalutated on their test scores, not what they choose to do with their own time. Are you going to take away their phones and tablets too? No one goes to school to be learning for 7 straight hours nor would you learn much if that's what you tried to do, downtime is just as important as learning time.

That's what I did way back in the dark ages with a 40 minute lunch. No cell phones, no tablets, no computers. Anything that was distracting students from learning was promptly confiscated.

That's what I did way back in the dark ages with a 40 minute lunch. No cell phones, no tablets, no computers. Anything that was distracting students from learning was promptly confiscated.
And did it suck? yes. And i feel like i am in the position to determine whether or not it sucked because i am there right now, with all those things, and it still sucks.

And did it suck? yes. And i feel like i am in the position to determine whether or not it sucked because i am there right now, with all those things, and it still sucks.
One only misses what they've had, and only longs for what they might or could have had. It's when expectation and possibility become a burden, and it takes a steely mind to to overcome the reactions associated with discrepancies.

I remember those days. Teacher gives you an assignment. Work your way up a couple of flights and down the hall to a library. Search index cards for a while for books. Go around and try and find the books, pull them off the shelf and search through them to see if they contain any of the information I'm looking for. Sometimes they did, sometimes they didn't. If they did, I have to sign the books out, take them home and then write out all the relevant information.

In the time it took me to write this post, some 9 year old kid on a tablet could search the entire world for information using appropriate search words and have more information at his fingertips in 30 seconds than I would have in days of research.

@Chameleon9000
If someone is trolling you, you should report any dodgy posts or whatever, and then set the person to ignore.
And someday you'll look back and you'll think that your school years were actually pretty carefree and easy! :lol:
So chin up camper! ;)

sites like this should be blocked from schools, period.
Hardly an issue anymore with smartphones connecting to the internet anyway.

I use this website allot at my school, and recently some of my 'freinds' have been creating troll accounts with the intention of getting me banned. Now i am a bit afraid that an admin is going to ban the schools IP, which would be a disaster for me. can one of the admins/moderators inform me on what may happen? Thanks :nervous:
Here's a crazy idea: stop using GT Planet at school. You have better things to do with your time.

Oh, I wouldn't do that. I would suggest changing your attitude to your studies first.
I would definitely suggest the same. Unfortunately, i am 15, and that is not exactly what you call 'possible'. Its a bit of a catch 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back