I Hope GT4 Doesnt Forget TVR

• Thread starter Yazza
  • 64 comments
Hopefully GT4 will have these beasts included. (watch out 56kers)

2003 TVR T440R
Top Speed - 215.0 mph
0 - 60 mph - 3.9 seconds
PicFetch

PicFetch

2003 TVR T350T
Top Speed - 175.0 mph
0 - 60 mph - 4.4 seconds
PicFetch

PicFetch

2003 TVR T350C
Top Speed - 175.0 mph
0 - 60 mph - 4.4 seconds
PicFetch

2002 TVR Tamora
Top Speed - 175.0 mph
0 - 60 mph - 4.4 seconds
PicFetch

TVR's are in GT4, Peter Wheeler has said that there wll be a wider range of TVR's in GT4 than in any other game, also the T350C has been confirmed to Top Gear in an interview with KY.

"TVR's are the finest sports cars on the planet."

umm ferrari? Nothing tvr have ever built matches up to the coolness of an f40, no comfots like a radio, just SPEED.

Speed 12 and Project 12/7. The T440R is faster, the T350C would probably be quicker round a track, that think has already beaten a Zonda C12, Porsche 911 GT3, Noble M12 and Lambo Murcielago.

The Noble M12 is good but it's only 1 model of car, besides I would still prefer a Tuscan S which would beat an M12.

Originally posted by code_kev
"TVR's are the finest sports cars on the planet."

umm ferrari? Nothing tvr have ever built matches up to the coolness of an f40, no comfots like a radio, just SPEED.

Oddly, the Ferrari F40 is one of the only supercars that actually is comfortable - and it did have a radio. 200mph+ car group tests tend to show that, not only is the F40 one of the quickest of the bunch (although not the outright fastest), it's generally the only one you can actually drive in a town centre.

That said, and bearing in mind the F40 is my second favourite car ever, almost every TVR is better in every respect than almost any Ferrari. Plus, if you break down in a TVR (likely), someone will stop and help you. If you break down in a Ferrari (likely), nearly everyone will stop and laugh. A 3 hour tailback was caused recently on the A12 (which I got stuck in), caused by people stopping to laugh at a broken down Ferrari Enzo Ferrari - one of only 3 in the country at that time.

I'd rather have any current TVR than a Ferrari 360 Modena.

I'm not so sure about the 550/575 Maranello though... Saw one in the flesh on Saturday... Class. None of the raw, tacky, gaudy ugliness of the 360 on the road.

Strangely, the F40 also came with air conditioning, although the inside was mainly bare carbonfibre and Kevlar-reinforced panelling... Ferrari just never know whether they're coming or going, do they? :D Don't paint it, to save weight, but slap in a 200-300kg aircon unit...

The 575M is a really nice car, I would choose a Speed 12 over one though any day.

I've seen a few lambo countachs before, a couple must've been kit cars but one can't have been! The car sounded well :drool: utterly mind blowingly fantastic. :D

I thought in an interview they said nearly every TVR would be in GT4? or maybe that was another manufacturer, gah can't remember.

Originally posted by T5-R
I've seen a few lambo countachs before, a couple must've been kit cars but one can't have been! The car sounded well :drool: utterly mind blowingly fantastic. :D

I thought in an interview they said nearly every TVR would be in GT4? or maybe that was another manufacturer, gah can't remember.

I think they said they were going to have nearly every Marcos model.

That was an interview with PD, Peter Wheeler the guy who owns TVR has said that there will be a wider range of TVR's than in any other game.

Originally posted by live4speed
That was an interview with PD, Peter Wheeler the guy who owns TVR has said that there will be a wider range of TVR's than in any other game.
When and where did you hear that?

I saw an article in a PS2 magazine that mentioned that too.
There was an image of a TVR lokking kinda like this one, only it was with a roof...

Attachments

• 1989_tvr_400se_cabriolet_0.jpg
    1989_tvr_400se_cabriolet_0.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 104
Originally posted by live4speed

Peter Wheeler owns TVR? I thought a dude named Trevor owned TVR? He named the car after his frst name, TreVoR.

It sounded so silly, I figured it had to be true.

Originally posted by Solid Lifters
Peter Wheeler owns TVR? I thought a dude named Trevor owned TVR? He named the car after his frst name, TreVoR.

It sounded so silly, I figured it had to be true.
Trevor Wilkinson was the founder, Peter Wheeler rescued TVR back in the 80's and turned it into todays great company.

I heard something about peter wheeler driving, or rather, trying to drive the speed 12 home and saying it scared the **** out of him. how many versions of the speed 12 are there now? the first one was the spoilerless 1 i think, then a race bred ver., and now the cerbera speed 12. can anyone confirm the derivatives?

Two versions (road) of the Speed 12 were made,

The first was the TVR Speed 12

Looks like this

No true production versions of the original TVR Speed 12 were made, it was a show car only in road form. It did however reach production as a GT class race car.

Like this

The shot above is a scan of a TVR promo postcard that I picked up, the back contained technical details about the car.

It also states that a 'few' customer cars had been delivered, something that Peter Wheeler now denies.

Back