I just finished in 1st in the 1st race in the Formula Gt race

  • Thread starter Thread starter RedBull_2_M3RK
  • 55 comments
  • 6,215 views
Yep dont do what i did and raise 10000000 to buy the F1 2010 thinking it would work in the formula gt only to buy it and find out it doesnt work, then 15mins later see a formula gt car in the used dealership and not have enough to buy it cause I brought the bloody f1. Dont get me wrong its a friggin awesome car just didnt need it right now, plus body repair is 5,000,000 and engine overhaul another 3,000,000

Not even if you sold the Ferrari?
 
What a disgraceful prize to be won for such a BS championship. BS as in they make you struggle to get the stupid car.. its the only championship I have left on Bspec and Aspec.. pathetic that the stupid ass car wont show up in my used garage.

PD should have made the prize cars close to the value or the challenge involved in actually being the championships. A 40k car for a championship that the cars cost damn near 5mil is a ****ing joke.

*added to the list of disappointments produced by the latest GT title*
 
Anyone understand what this guy just typed? Select the "1st"...what is the 1st? then "arrow your way to the 5th"...LMAO wtf, How come people type messages that make no sense at all. Take your time kid, read what you type, and see if its understandable.

Took you 3 tires?.....Euro i bet.
If you turned the game on and looked at the screen it might help. You can't expect him to waste 10 minutes giving directions for a 4-year-old.

So let's see, you go to the B licenses and select the first... that would probably mean select the first license test, since that's what he just referenced. And then you look at the screen and you see arrows, and you click the one that goes to the next test. You keep clicking next till you get to the 5th—still referring to "license test." It's not that confusing.
 
What a disgraceful prize to be won for such a BS championship. BS as in they make you struggle to get the stupid car.. its the only championship I have left on Bspec and Aspec.. pathetic that the stupid ass car wont show up in my used garage.

PD should have made the prize cars close to the value or the challenge involved in actually being the championships. A 40k car for a championship that the cars cost damn near 5mil is a ****ing joke.

*added to the list of disappointments produced by the latest GT title*

Agreed.
 
So is Poly Formula faster than the Ferrari's or is it the only car allowed in the race???
 
So I'm 4 races in with 4 wins. Nothing easy about winning these races. Here are my thoughts:

It took me 64 rotations of the used car garage to get the car. This was after I stopped randomly searching the garage. Worst experience I've ever had with a game.

The car itself can be tamed to be drivable. I don't use anything but ABS 1 on any car except this one. I use spin control and TCS 1 as well as ABS 1.

The AI here are the worst in the game. They go from superhuman Hamilton clones to driving Miss Daisy in seconds.

Monaco they would only crash when directly in front of me but never when behind me.

As stated Nurburgring they always crash in the final chicane.

The catch up/slow down is ridiculous. At Monaco they crashed me out which put me 10 seconds down to 1st. I caught and passed him in 2 laps. He stayed on my bumper the rest of the race. At Nurburgring after they would crash in the chicane I would have a 20+ second lead as they crossed start finish. By the time they got to the chicane again they would have reduced that lead to 8-9 seconds. Massive speed up. Mind you I didn't back off one bit.

The PS3 has been on all night as you can't save and exit a championship aka GT4. Stupid. Monza next..I can only imagine what will happen there.
 
So I'm 4 races in with 4 wins. Nothing easy about winning these races. Here are my thoughts:

It took me 64 rotations of the used car garage to get the car. This was after I stopped randomly searching the garage. Worst experience I've ever had with a game.

The car itself can be tamed to be drivable. I don't use anything but ABS 1 on any car except this one. I use spin control and TCS 1 as well as ABS 1.

The AI here are the worst in the game. They go from superhuman Hamilton clones to driving Miss Daisy in seconds.

Monaco they would only crash when directly in front of me but never when behind me.

As stated Nurburgring they always crash in the final chicane.

The catch up/slow down is ridiculous. At Monaco they crashed me out which put me 10 seconds down to 1st. I caught and passed him in 2 laps. He stayed on my bumper the rest of the race. At Nurburgring after they would crash in the chicane I would have a 20+ second lead as they crossed start finish. By the time they got to the chicane again they would have reduced that lead to 8-9 seconds. Massive speed up. Mind you I didn't back off one bit.

The PS3 has been on all night as you can't save and exit a championship aka GT4. Stupid. Monza next..I can only imagine what will happen there.

I'm confused, how do you make the dealership refresh it's self?
 
I'm confused, how do you make the dealership refresh it's self?

The dealership refreshes completely every 5 times you enter events. So the procedure is:

Enter any license test then use the next test function to go to through 4 additional tests. At the end of the fifth exit to your home page and you will find all new used cars. Repeat this until you get the Formula GT or you slit your wrists.
 
See that's the one thing about GT5 that really get's me is the ****** prize cars....... I've waited how many years for this......
 
See that's the one thing about GT5 that really get's me is the ****** prize cars....... I've waited how many years for this......

Hahah i didnt wait 1, I jus saw it at gamestop 2 weeks ago an jus asked if i can get it, an it was a certainly YES.
 
Not even if you sold the Ferrari?

Cant the F1 is one of those cars you cant sell once brought plus if you could i would guess youd get like 1.5mil at most for comparing to sale prices you get for other cars.
 
Anyone understand what this guy just typed? Select the "1st"...what is the 1st? then "arrow your way to the 5th"...LMAO wtf, How come people type messages that make no sense at all. Take your time kid, read what you type, and see if its understandable.

Took you 3 tires?.....Euro i bet.

It's that hard to understand? are you serious? I said go to B licenses and select the 1st. Then "arrow your way to 5th" means to just go to the next test until you get to 5th. How hard is that to understand? then on top of that you call me a kid. lol
 
This seems too hard for me to do, how'd you guys set your FGT up?
 
I'll release a tune for the FGT tomorrow (in about 12 hrs) :D

This monster is capable of doing sub 6:40 on the Nordschleife 24h layout!
 
I used my wheel and couldn't move the next day. I was that sore and exhausted. I had to visit my chiropractor that day to get adjusted. It was horrible...at least I golded all of them the first try though! :)
 
The dealership refreshes completely every 5 times you enter events. So the procedure is:

Enter any license test then use the next test function to go to through 4 additional tests. At the end of the fifth exit to your home page and you will find all new used cars. Repeat this until you get the Formula GT or you slit your wrists.

Quoted for truth! I don't know how much time I've wasted refreshing the garage. UGH!
 
Okay I tried it again with successful results! :)

I used ASM and Skid Recovery as I was using a DS3 and it's hard to ease the throttle out of corners consistently.





Fuji Speedway: This was straight forward, I didn't win by a huge margin but it was comfortable enough. The first part of the track is easy enough although the last section can be quite a handful. I won by 3 second, roughly the same as my first attempt.

Tips: Don't have many for this track however you can make up plenty of time on the long sweeping right hander. My average lap times were 1:15's/1:16's for comparison.



Daytona Road Course: Very easy race. You can outbreak the AI fairly easy and the end result was that I won by 10-12 seconds. Pretty comfortable win.

Tips: Driver hard into the second corner and also the fourth corner. Other than that it should be a comfortable win. My average lap times were 1:09's with High 1:08's occasionally.




Cote D'Azur: Has trouble with this my first race. I was never able to keep up with the AI. This time around I lowered my ratio to around 300 Km and just went hard. I managed to get in the lead on the first corner which helped increase my confidence and keep my laps steady. I ended up winning by 3 seconds, fairly comfortably. 3rd place was roughly 10-15 seconds behind.

Tips: Don't forget to floor the accelerator on the straights. Even though they're short this is vital. I was a bit apprehensive on the throttle at the beginning and couldn't shake the AI. Upon driving harder on these straights I managed to go from 1:18's to 1:16's. Also, drive smooth after the tunnel. You're better off to have a slow lap than hit the wall. :)



Nurburgring/GP: Won again, same as my first attempt. Although, the AI would always spin on the final chicane. Exactly the same as my first attempt. This resulted in me gaining a lead of 1:20ish and lapping a few cars. I hated this track though and it is very hard to pull 'Authentic' lap-times on par with the AI. The bumpy circuit can cause headaches and gives a similar sensation to oversteer on these corners.

Tips: Be wary of the Double Hairpin, and the corner which comes before the one prior to this. These are very bumpy and may result in going off the track, so take it slow. If you are having trouble with this just cut the chicane at the end. I know it may be cheap but it is better than risking the competition. :)
If you don't need to do this great, 👍 But for less capable drivers like myself the option is always open. My average lap-times were 1:30's.




Monza: After failing outright on my first attempt the second time I won fairly easily. The first race I was in the rain, which should have been easier (Yes?) but I lost a lead of 40 seconds and then got behind by 15 seconds somehow. This wasn't an issue this time though as it was sunny (Thank God, :)). I was very casual, spinning out and hitting walls yet I still was able to keep a lead fairly easily. I won by roughly 5-10 seconds but it could have been 20+ if I was concentrating and not fatigued from the prior races...

Tips: Fairly easy, the main places to pull ahead are the final three or so corners in a group near the end. It's possible to gain a 1 second advantage here. Aside from that just race hard, if you fall behind don't fret too much as you can get in the lead on the straights with ease. My average lap-times were 1:20's.



Suzuka: Haven't done it... :crazy:





I also found the championship much easier this time round as there wasn'e one AI driver who dominated like in my last attempt. It was infact so even I could have left after just four races and still won. I certainly think this had some impact on my success in this round, along with my better driving of course. :)

I hope this is of help to anybody attempting these races, however terrible my recollection of events and tips have been. :scared:

Here's a useful link to good setups for each race in the series too. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=142091


Good Luck!
 
I gold all the events after I turn off every assist, except for the line. Some how I focus more on the line than the AI drivers and it help me immensely. I used to focus on the drivers I had on the back to much an would have brain farts all the time when looking at the rear mirror. I won the first five events and quit the last to win the championship. Then I took Suzuka which was the easiest one with a margin of 45seconds.

How did you do that? Any special tune? I'm getting slaughtered! I've got gold in everything I've attempted (Licenses, all the special events I've played, A-spec to FGT Championship), and I'm so irritated.
 
ok, so I forgot I raced the FGT over 10,000 miles in B-Spec; did the chassis restore in GT Auto and now it is 100 times better, not sloppy anymore.

I still hate this car tho.
 
Okay I tried it again with successful results! :)

I used ASM and Skid Recovery as I was using a DS3 and it's hard to ease the throttle out of corners consistently.





Fuji Speedway: This was straight forward, I didn't win by a huge margin but it was comfortable enough. The first part of the track is easy enough although the last section can be quite a handful. I won by 3 second, roughly the same as my first attempt.

Tips: Don't have many for this track however you can make up plenty of time on the long sweeping right hander. My average lap times were 1:15's/1:16's for comparison.



Daytona Road Course: Very easy race. You can outbreak the AI fairly easy and the end result was that I won by 10-12 seconds. Pretty comfortable win.

Tips: Driver hard into the second corner and also the fourth corner. Other than that it should be a comfortable win. My average lap times were 1:09's with High 1:08's occasionally.




Cote D'Azur: Has trouble with this my first race. I was never able to keep up with the AI. This time around I lowered my ratio to around 300 Km and just went hard. I managed to get in the lead on the first corner which helped increase my confidence and keep my laps steady. I ended up winning by 3 seconds, fairly comfortably. 3rd place was roughly 10-15 seconds behind.

Tips: Don't forget to floor the accelerator on the straights. Even though they're short this is vital. I was a bit apprehensive on the throttle at the beginning and couldn't shake the AI. Upon driving harder on these straights I managed to go from 1:18's to 1:16's. Also, drive smooth after the tunnel. You're better off to have a slow lap than hit the wall. :)



Nurburgring/GP: Won again, same as my first attempt. Although, the AI would always spin on the final chicane. Exactly the same as my first attempt. This resulted in me gaining a lead of 1:20ish and lapping a few cars. I hated this track though and it is very hard to pull 'Authentic' lap-times on par with the AI. The bumpy circuit can cause headaches and gives a similar sensation to oversteer on these corners.

Tips: Be wary of the Double Hairpin, and the corner which comes before the one prior to this. These are very bumpy and may result in going off the track, so take it slow. If you are having trouble with this just cut the chicane at the end. I know it may be cheap but it is better than risking the competition. :)
If you don't need to do this great, 👍 But for less capable drivers like myself the option is always open. My average lap-times were 1:30's.




Monza: After failing outright on my first attempt the second time I won fairly easily. The first race I was in the rain, which should have been easier (Yes?) but I lost a lead of 40 seconds and then got behind by 15 seconds somehow. This wasn't an issue this time though as it was sunny (Thank God, :)). I was very casual, spinning out and hitting walls yet I still was able to keep a lead fairly easily. I won by roughly 5-10 seconds but it could have been 20+ if I was concentrating and not fatigued from the prior races...

Tips: Fairly easy, the main places to pull ahead are the final three or so corners in a group near the end. It's possible to gain a 1 second advantage here. Aside from that just race hard, if you fall behind don't fret too much as you can get in the lead on the straights with ease. My average lap-times were 1:20's.



Suzuka: Haven't done it... :crazy:





I also found the championship much easier this time round as there wasn'e one AI driver who dominated like in my last attempt. It was infact so even I could have left after just four races and still won. I certainly think this had some impact on my success in this round, along with my better driving of course. :)

I hope this is of help to anybody attempting these races, however terrible my recollection of events and tips have been. :scared:

Here's a useful link to good setups for each race in the series too. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=142091


Good Luck!

Average laptimes around 1:09 on Indy road is awsome!!
 
Back