I just got cheated online. How comes?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rat666
  • 25 comments
  • 2,677 views
Messages
34
Hi everybody,

I have just experienced something that i thought it was only possible on the horrible online "free game" of EA Need for speed world, where millions of cheaters everyday win a race without even being on the first place, reason why i dropped that game.

Well ladies and gentlemen I just got cheated in GT5 online, I created a room for racing F1 ferrari´s in Suzuka. Everything was running smooth when suddenly a japanese guy enter my room, start free run with me and we started running without any problem. I decided to start the race, the only participants were he and me, the race was limited to only 4 laps; so we started, i took the lead in the first 2 laps, then suddenly on lap number 3, i saw his car trying to crash me with a frontal hit, I thought well he knew he will not win and now he wants to give me a hard time.

But then the unexpected happened, In the middle of the 3rd lap, I saw the end of the race counting time and for my surprise, when i saw the positions he was on first and i was running on second. End of the story i lose without reason and the damn japanese guy won the helmet 1st prize just because he was cheating on me. Shame on you japanese guy, unfortunetely i left the room right away and i didn´t take the nickname of the guy.

So racers, be aware there are some cheaters out there that will screw your online game and will make you feel that you lose in a very nasty way.

Has someone of you experimented the same tragic scene?

I hope PD realize that there is a bug on the online servers and some people with knowledge can take advantages of them and hopefully they fix this bug asap.
 
online games and sick community bringing up the same **** since about 15 years...
Thanks for the info, but without a proper description no one will be able to reproduce and fix it.
Maybe he went through the fence and made the usual glitch with you.
 
Seems like some serious lag on someones side... probably yours if you had the same problem on NFS: World
 
Check Recent Players and maybe you can find his PSN ID from there so we are all aware?
 
rat666
End of the story i lose without reason and the damn japanese guy won the helmet 1st prize just because he was cheating on me. Shame on you japanese guy, unfortunetely i left the room right away and i didn´t take the nickname of the guy.

You don't win helmets in online... fishy story, sounds like BS
 
may not have been anything like that at all, just tremendous lag. I've seen stranger things happen.
 
hightyme
You don't win helmets in online... fishy story, sounds like BS

Yeh and how does he know the Japanese guy won a helmet anyways? lol
 
Sounds like lag to me...and what helmet are you talking about?
 
Yeah, I totaly hate those japanese guys who glitch online and win all those helmets... :D

Could you tell the rest of us which brand of glue you were sniffing?:D
 
was it Kaz having fun at his own game?
 
I think i have once or twice had a random glitch where the position of cars isn't shown correctly during the race and gets fixed after the race is over. The story sounds a bit strange and i wouldn't start to blame and shame anyone just based on it...
 
Really goes sound like lag and also as stated you dont win helmets or even suits in online races.
 
This isent lag as it happend to me last night in an online race at trial mountain, it was a 580pp 5 lap street car race and I was leading by around 3 seconds when on the 3rd lap the race suddenly ended and I found myself 2nd in the standings??? Again it was a Japanese player who won, very strange as he was in 7th place when the race ended 2 laps early, I've experienced this on dirt 2 loads of times but on gt5! Hope pd patch this if they can.
 
It was Lag, it's happened to me before. On the helmet issue.
 
Online lobbies can be a pain in the a** sometimes but the best thing to do is look for races that have "clean", "no B.S.", or GTP stated somewhere in the title so you are more likely to get a good, clean race. If it was your own lobby though you can control the whole thing so you shouldn't run into any problems.
 
Most likely a bad connection. With Japan, imagine.

I've seen all sorts of crazy things. Cars skipping around in many directions. A tiny little bump sending one car flying as though it got rammed by an X2010. Cars that seem to be behind you being scored in front of you. Cars that appear in the scoring list but not visible on the track. Cars that seem to be behind both on track and on scoring ending up ahead after the race. Cars that some people in a room can see, but others can only see in the scoring list. Cars that some people can see both on track and in scoring, but that others don't even have any way to know are even in the room.

Can't say as I've seen one that actually appeared to be going in the wrong direction end up in front though, but then I haven't been online lately.
 
ive seen something similar on custom maps where people will suddenly start spinning around but going really quick in a straight line also happened on a road rule room on cote d'azur
 
I find japanese players weird lol no offence. When i bump into them accidentally they will "bang" me until i leave the room if i'm lucky if i'm unlucky i will get "gangbang" by not only the player but his friends too
 
was it Kaz having fun at his own game?

Conspiracy theory: Polyphony Digital leaves cheats in the game so they can exploit them when they are losing online. LOL
 
I've had this happen before and I don't think it's a cheater. I think he was racing in a different track then you were, possibly with a different number of laps too, probably why you saw him going the wrong way too. Did you notice if he happened to go long way off track on the radar?

I had this happened to me once when a guy joined while I was changing tracks, he ended up racing on the old track and not the new one.
 
I won a race online yesterday, but the results showed that a guy that was still running was in first, after I'd already crossed the line first. And he was still running and hadn't finished...lol. Don't think he cheated, I've seen it before, some kind of software glitch or lag issue.
 
I've had this happen before and I don't think it's a cheater. I think he was racing in a different track then you were, possibly with a different number of laps too, probably why you saw him going the wrong way too. Did you notice if he happened to go long way off track on the radar?

I had this happened to me once when a guy joined while I was changing tracks, he ended up racing on the old track and not the new one.

This sounds more like it. I was in a room the other day and the track changed to Indianpolis but one guy was still seeing Trial Mountain.
 
I find japanese players weird lol no offence. When i bump into them accidentally they will "bang" me until i leave the room if i'm lucky if i'm unlucky i will get "gangbang" by not only the player but his friends too

I know whats up with that. i get that sometimes too. Why waist your time doing that to someone.
 
I've had this happen before and I don't think it's a cheater. I think he was racing in a different track then you were, possibly with a different number of laps too, probably why you saw him going the wrong way too. Did you notice if he happened to go long way off track on the radar?

I had this happened to me once when a guy joined while I was changing tracks, he ended up racing on the old track and not the new one.


Now that you mention that, yes i saw how his car was out of the track and radar, so seems that maybe at the end he wasn´t cheating me, then it is most probably a bug in the game. Well which game is free of bugs out there LOL.
 
Back