I just had a truly awesome experience

• Thread starter mattikake
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
No seriously. Despite all the moaning about bugs, I really want this game to be the game it is supposed to be because moments like this feel truly ground-breaking.

I had a wet race this morning online. It started dry at Monza in the 488 GT3. Then a thunderstorm hit. The track getting wetter and wetter in just a couple of laps. Soon puddles formed. There was a big one spanning the track under the old circuit underpass leading up to Ascari. Just where I was expecting one. I went through it at 150mph and braced myself. Boom, the car twisted through the puddle like one wheel cleared a bit more water than the other, I lost about 20mph and it all came right through the FFB on my wheel.

I burst into laughter for the rest of the lap! It was just like driving through a big puddle in your real life car! Wow! I couldn't wait for the next lap...

You could see the puddles collecting in the groove between the tarmac and the curbs all round the track. I could also see everyone else trying a regular line driving through them and I was taking 10 secs a lap out of the guys ahead, just by driving in the middle of the track.

Momentarily I felt like Lewis Hamilton at the 2008 British GP. Tyre slip FFB may be completely broken on my G29 but surface detail definitely isn't.

It all gives me hope that in a few patches (or months time) the live track is going to be an amazing experience. :)

Be glad it was virtual experience. In reality you better be using diapers when it happen. If you're lucky you'll just need a change :)

But yeah, it's so well portrayed it's scary :)

I've been through plenty of puddles way faster than I should in FWD and RWD cars.

I can't believe how convincing it was, especially given my FFB issues I was expecting some sort of feeble floaty wobble, not a full-on grind and sustained pull to one side. :) The next lap I aimed for what looked like a shallower part of the puddle and it went through straighter and wasn't so costly on speed but the braking FFB feel was the same. All that was missing really was that grinding splashing sound of too much water being forced up into the wheel arches, around the suspension and other places it's not intended to go.

Big thumbs up. Whatever they patch. Leave this bit alone. You've got it nailed.

Glad to hear you had an amazing experiencing. Can't wait to jump into the online part of PC2 on the weekend.
Tyre slip FFB may be completely broken on my G29 but surface detail definitely isn't.

I would suggest trying two things, if you haven't already. Either try the Informative preset with 100 Gain, Volume up to preference, 100 Tone, 0 FX (just to tune out road detail completely for the test), or the Immersive preset with 100 Gain, Volume how you like it, 0 Tone, 0 FX.

The former settings should maximalize the self-aligning torque of the tires, at the sacrifice of everything else, meaning that when the tires start to slip you should feel this clearly by the wheel pulling in the opposite direction, almost correcting for the slide automatically.

The latter settings are to feel the rear tires slipping very clearly, with a few canned effects still included due to the Immersive preset, so that road detail and kerbs should still be felt, even with FX at 0.

If you can't feel tire slip with either of these settings then there is indeed a real issue regarding PC2's FFB with the G29. As someone who prefers driving by mainly feeling the tire slip mid-corner and at corner exits I started with these settings and slowly added back the rest (FX with the Informative preset, Tone back to slightly less extreme values) until I was satisfied with the balance.

Last edited:
There are no canned effects in PC2 FFB (or PC1 FFB for that matter) AFAIK. Everything comes from the physics/road/steering rack.

My mistake if that is true, I based my comment on this post: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...st-thoughts!&p=1357344&viewfull=1#post1357344

Also, in the Immersive flavor I can clearly and strongly feel the road surface and kerb details, even with 0 FX and low Volume (around 25), which is why I assumed that part of these are canned effects perhaps. Since I use the Immersive preset with Tone set to 0, I guess these are coming from the SoP (seat of pants) forces, or the rear axle of the car instead.

Last edited:
I could write a short story about this epic race, but a picture will do.
To all those that think the license system doesn't work, or you can't have a good race in pCARS 2...
20170928_203046.jpg

We're both on our D license, perfectly matched 15xx.

I jumped into an online race in the clios at Donington, after a few laps the fog rolled in (great effect btw), and the grip went off a bit until it cleared, awesome fun. Those cars are epic fun driving on the edge.

Back