I just lost my save file.. After 7 months of playing.

  • Thread starter Thread starter K'
  • 31 comments
  • 2,174 views

K'

Messages
12
Australia
Sydney
Title says it all,I turned on the PS3 for GT5 in the afternoon yesterday,and a warning came out saying 'failed to load save data' and I just skipped that,then the next thing came up in the game almost gave me a heart attack,starting a new game..
It couldnt even save the new game after it started,so I spend the next 6 hours online trying to find a solution for it and the last solution is to start a new game..
Formatted the HDD and starting all new again.. So cut..
:(
 
There are way worse things in life. Still a downer, but if that was me, and it could be anyone really, I'd enjoy restarting in a way. Perhaps a bunch of us here can donate a bunch of cars to these poor mates!

Although, I do have my personal save on my USB stick (must have 2!), and copied to my Laptop.
 
...I'd enjoy restarting in a way.


I made a new account the other day, and visited the K-cup. Now it says level 29 and about 13 million cr., and it's pretty funny to buy cars all over again. Hope it'll cheer you (OP) up a bit :)
 
A good time to be restarting, what with the new seasonals and the million credit time and drift attack and the half price cars
 
That really sucks.. Make sure to always back up your saved data.
 
I made a new account the other day, and visited the K-cup. Now it says level 29 and about 13 million cr., and it's pretty funny to buy cars all over again. Hope it'll cheer you (OP) up a bit :)
yeah you are kind of lucky because you can level up and get money really easy right now with the 3x event. but still that sucks. i'd hate to restart, especially the license tests... some of them had me going insane.
 
You're so unlucky if you had the X2010, i've got the X2010 and i have always had a game save backed up that is no more than a day old on a flash drive
 
Even if you have it backed up, it doesent always work. My ps3 broke when i was level 38, had an x1, all gold licences, all gold events, and most endurances where done. When i got my new ps3, it said that i was trying to load the data from someone else's account, even though i wasn't. So i had to start again. Not a nice feeling.
 
Back up your saves... I back mine up every week. It only takes 30 seconds.
 
K'
Title says it all,I turned on the PS3 for GT5 in the afternoon yesterday,and a warning came out saying 'failed to load save data' and I just skipped that,then the next thing came up in the game almost gave me a heart attack,starting a new game..
It couldnt even save the new game after it started,so I spend the next 6 hours online trying to find a solution for it and the last solution is to start a new game..
Formatted the HDD and starting all new again.. So cut..
:(

Off topic, how have you been here for 8 years with only 2 posts?
 
Off topic, how have you been here for 8 years with only 2 posts?
Off Topic.
In answer to that i joined up in 2005 (GT4) and only recently returned when i picked up GT5. So i just clicked over 50 posts so now Junior Member 👍

Life, marriage (15 years), self employed, kids, teaching, divorce, de facto (3.5 years), another kid, somehow i fit gaming in there ;)

On Topic.
Send me an FR K' and see if i can help a fellow Aussie out. Now wheres that Aussie flag gif...
 
e.sport
Off Topic.
In answer to that i joined up in 2005 (GT4) and only recently returned when i picked up GT5. So i just clicked over 50 posts so now Junior Member 👍

Life, marriage (15 years), self employed, kids, teaching, divorce, de facto (3.5 years), another kid, somehow i fit gaming in there ;)

On Topic.
Send me an FR K' and see if i can help a fellow Aussie out. Now wheres that Aussie flag gif...

Yeah, I understand the Wife, child, job part. But 2 posts, both today, joined 2003. How is that possible? I'm not saying the guy is doing anything wrong, I'm just asking.

Psn: GT-HO-FALCON

Add me, you too e.sport if you want, I have good cars set to online that you can abuse. I also give stuff away to my friends when have no trades due.
 
I know what you're talking about, just lost mine friday, a real pain in the ass...
but hey, since then I've leveled up to lvl 28 and have almost 14 milion credits, just by doing the seasonals!
it really helped me enjoy the game a lot more (again), and Milldrum here helped me a lot too!
I could help you, but I don't own many cars yet
If you need something, just let me know :)
 
K'
Title says it all,I turned on the PS3 for GT5 in the afternoon yesterday,and a warning came out saying 'failed to load save data' and I just skipped that,then the next thing came up in the game almost gave me a heart attack,starting a new game..
It couldnt even save the new game after it started,so I spend the next 6 hours online trying to find a solution for it and the last solution is to start a new game..
Formatted the HDD and starting all new again.. So cut..
:(

I don't see a question.
 
Thank you all for the kind words guys,Its much appreciated and I feel much better.. I guess I'll have no options then restarting the whole game again.
 
Off topic, how have you been here for 8 years with only 2 posts?

Well,gaming for me is not really a big deal and when I signed up back in the days,I didnt even think there was a forum any good as this. :)

Believe it or not,I only brought the PS3 recently just to play GT5 and currently that is the only game I have on PS3 no more,noless..
 
Don't wanna sound rude, but what's the benefit of making a thread about losing your game data? I know it blows but we can't do anything to help you get your game data back, so no use of making a thread. Anyway, send me an FR if you want some free cars or something.
 
Although, I do have my personal save on my USB stick (must have 2!), and copied to my Laptop.

Same. I have the one on the PS3 HD, a back up on the usb and then once a week (sometimes sooner) i back up to the PC.
 
I just can say after 7 month of playing ... if you till now NEVER used the backup feature, then you deserve it. :sly:

[/Head-shaking]
 
i just had this happen this week as well. and i have been backing things up.

however, now i will double back up and check things repeatedly!

i just won the expert seasonals, and sent my last ticket to my other account. when i reloaded the save data from my thumb drive, it told me that my save data was corrupt! i almost cried.

it is nice that there is more money in the seasonals, but this really sucked.
 
Yeah it's just a "feel sorry for me for being dumb" thread.

We feel bad that you lost your save, but isn't this casual conversation? It doesn't deserve a topic. I'm sure this has happened to many people, but they don't go making threads about it.
 
Yeah it's just a "feel sorry for me for being dumb" thread.

We feel bad that you lost your save, but isn't this casual conversation? It doesn't deserve a topic. I'm sure this has happened to many people, but they don't go making threads about it.


Sorry Im not as smart as you,I have a life and work to do during day and I dont spend enough time on the PS3 to know that there is a 'back up function' until now.
I didnt ask you for your help and I did not ever know you can even lose the save game file from PS3,so you might as well calm down a bit,kid.
 
hey now that we got free PS plus membership you can now upload your game save file data and save it there... then u need no usb... try it
 
Please guys,if you want to jump in this thread and tell me how stupid I am,please keep it to yourself,I originally wanted to just ask where I should start from again.

Its all good,I figured online events are actually excellent to start again.
Thanks for all your moral support guys,much appreciated.
 
hey now that we got free PS plus membership you can now upload your game save file data and save it there... then u need no usb... try it

Im sure after what I have experienced I will be backing things up to usb pretty often,wish I knew this earlier.
Will try that upload too,thanks.
 
K'
Sorry Im not as smart as you,I have a life and work to do during day and I dont spend enough time on the PS3 to know that there is a 'back up function' until now.
I didnt ask you for your help and I did not ever know you can even lose the save game file from PS3,so you might as well calm down a bit,kid.

lol come on... we have lives too. There are USB ports on the PS3 for a reason otherwise they would just have Sony only charging cables.

I didn't mean to be rude, but I'm on my second PS3 because my last one died in 2008 and I lost every single save from that on all my games. These things happen, you didn't even ask a question in the question and answers section. Just a statement...

Sorry for your loss, but yeah it's pretty much common sense to back things up especially if you've been working on it for 7 months. If you had a project due for an employer you had been working on for 7 months, you wouldn't just go "oops I lost it." The concept of backing up doesn't just have to apply in the workplace...
 
Yeah it's just a "feel sorry for me for being dumb" thread.

We feel bad that you lost your save, but isn't this casual conversation? It doesn't deserve a topic. I'm sure this has happened to many people, but they don't go making threads about it.

Yeah these threads are a dime a dozen.


/Praises Jordan for the GT V.I.P. Section.
 
Making backups on USB drives seem to only work if you're not switching PS3s as a lot of saves carry data from the machine itself and will not load if the machine they're in do not match their encrypted data.

I've been tempted to back up my save so I can delete it off my PS3 and put the back up back, to make sure I get the cars I want for my Lv 21-23 coupons, instead of having to keep creating accounts to try receiving a car I don't already own, but I am still afraid of just losing all of my data in the end.
 
Did you back up the file online? or on a hard drive?

I'm sorry on your loss it happened to me once before but luckily i had a backup file on my flash drive.
 
Making backups on USB drives seem to only work if you're not switching PS3s as a lot of saves carry data from the machine itself and will not load if the machine they're in do not match their encrypted data.

I've been tempted to back up my save so I can delete it off my PS3 and put the back up back, to make sure I get the cars I want for my Lv 21-23 coupons, instead of having to keep creating accounts to try receiving a car I don't already own, but I am still afraid of just losing all of my data in the end.

what about saving game online? i'm also looking to buy new ps3 but now i'm afraid because of this save data issue...can i save my data online and then use that save data on new ps3?
 
Back