I just lost the Rome 2-hour Enduro!

lol yeh,i used all 3 weight reduction options,car is abit of a under performer,i experimented with settings,i got rid of some oversteer,but that induced abit of anoying understeer around the sharper turns at rome,making me get swamped and king hit from all the cars behind from the slow pace of the car,stronger front brake bias helped abit driving into turns,LSD sets helped alot with lower LSD Acceleration but the rear still stuck out to much even with controled throttle,i might even have to consider adding some TCS,i dislike driving aids,but looks like i have no choice.

lol yeh,i used all 3 weight reduction options,car is abit of a under performer,i experimented with settings,i got rid of some oversteer,but that induced abit of anoying understeer around the sharper turns at rome,making me get swamped and king hit from all the cars behind from the slow pace of the car,stronger front brake bias helped abit driving into turns,LSD sets helped alot with lower LSD Acceleration but the rear still stuck out to much even with controled throttle,i might even have to consider adding some TCS,i dislike driving aids,but looks like i have no choice.

Wow, maybe I'll have to try the Beemer! 😈 Hey I noticed your info says GT2: Ford Ka or something. That was my very first Playstation car...not in GT2 but in that Ford Racing game. That's how I "learned" to drive in a video game...in a slow Ford Ka!

Last edited:
lol cool,ford Ka's are fun to drive,in real life and in GT2/GT4,abit underpowered now,a replacement is due in 2008, but yeh, im doing the Rome 2 hour with a Subaru Impreza 22B, with stage 1 turbo,Sports Intercooler,ECU Edit aka Computer,port polish and the other one thats like it,i forgot the name lol,tripple plate clutch,carbon driveshaft,weight reduction stage 1,and racing hard tires, i did a practice lap and got 1'35 like what Gil said,im 13 minutes in the race,the renault clio and i are having a great battle,i forgot to reset so i can battle with the tvr aswell,so its only me and the clio fighting, its ok tho, he pits on lap 7,when he pits,my tires are still yellow,so i just pit in next lap just to keep things interesting,i came out the pits just 1 car length ahead,my little break is over,time to continue.

( im actually starting to like this track now,fun and great to look at )

lol cool,ford Ka's are fun to drive,in real life and in GT2/GT4,abit underpowered now,a replacement is due in 2008, but yeh, im doing the Rome 2 hour with a Subaru Impreza 22B, with stage 1 turbo,Sports Intercooler,ECU Edit aka Computer,port polish and the other one thats like it,i forgot the name lol,tripple plate clutch,carbon driveshaft,weight reduction stage 1,and racing hard tires, i did a practice lap and got 1'35 like what Gil said,im 13 minutes in the race,the renault clio and i are having a great battle,i forgot to reset so i can battle with the tvr aswell,so its only me and the clio fighting, its ok tho, he pits on lap 7,when he pits,my tires are still yellow,so i just pit in next lap just to keep things interesting,i came out the pits just 1 car length ahead,my little break is over,time to continue.

( im actually starting to like this track now,fun and great to look at )

Haha...you're getting your fix! :drool: That's what I like to call it. Getting a GT fix. Rome is all about one loooong dole of horsepower (up the start/finish line and thru the first turn) followed by clever braking and short bursts of 2nd, 3rd or 4th gear cornering.

I tend to have my car's suspension set on the high side (depends on the car), and medium set springs, dampers, and stabilizers. This makes it possible to FLY thru that first turn, clip the red & white grid without bouncing into the wall (a lowered suspension will make you bounce here).

I also like the Grand Valley 300km, but haven't found the perfect car to race there, yet.:scared:

Last edited:
once i stoped piting with the clio,i won by almost 40 seconds lol,weird thing is i didnt find it boring,i overlaped a few cars also, i think its time to use a less powerfull car, in GT3 i own 2 different F1 cars, black and light blue one,i almost won another but i forgot to choose the prize quick and got the Zonda Racecar, i already own 4 of these lol

And if i remember right, i finished the 2 hours in 84laps?, i should have wrote that down lol. Im going to redo it 2night.

once i stoped piting with the clio,i won by almost 40 seconds lol,weird thing is i didnt find it boring,i overlaped a few cars also, i think its time to use a less powerfull car, in GT3 i own 2 different F1 cars, black and light blue one,i almost won another but i forgot to choose the prize quick and got the Zonda Racecar, i already own 4 of these lol

And if i remember right, i finished the 2 hours in 84laps?, i should have wrote that down lol. Im going to redo it 2night.

That's cool. Yeah I get bored if I'm doing lap after lap way ahead of everyone. My driving gets sloppy, I stop paying attention to little things...I guess I like being under pressure :scared: and I like it when the competition is breathing down my neck...otherwise, I wouldn't race.. I would just do time trials.

Last edited:
oh ok, and hey,what F1 car can u win from rome?, i hope its not the black or light blue ones +_+

Not sure. On the main GT3 page, try going to the "Look here before you ask" thread started by Jordan. It's got a link of all the prize cars. I would look for you but I'm too kicked back lazy now.

Last edited:
ok thanks i found it,plus i never knew the clio was that damn fast, hopefully this time ill have a good battle between clio and the tvr, im going to try a skyline R34 now and see how i go.

Back