I just traded in my PS3 + GT5 for an XBOX360 + Forza 3.

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 228 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

RikkiGT-R

GT: IamValhalla
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Rikki_GTR
IamValhalla
As titled. Just home with my 360 and Forza 3 after trading in my PS3 and GT5. I know it was the right move; GT5 was soulless and boring. I can't wait to add some body kits, increase wheel size, custom paint jobs etc etc... Not to mention damage and opponents who actually put in some bloody effort. So exciting.

Just though I'd share my joy with you guys :D

Its: When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall....
Just thought I'd share my thought with you.

As titled. Just home with my 360 and Forza 3 after trading in my PS3 and GT5. I know it was the right move; GT5 was soulless and boring. I can't wait to add some body kits, increase wheel size, custom paint jobs etc etc... Not to mention damage and opponents who actually put in some bloody effort. So exciting.

I'm the exact oppsite. FM3 soulless music got me really bored. I have Both though and I'm happy. Never went back to FM3 since GT5 came out, FM3 Got boring quick for me.

Good for you Rikki. I don't blame anyone one bit for getting rid of GT5 and their PS3 for Forza 3. I still kept my PS3 and GT5, but I recently got a 4GB 360 and Forza 3 Ultimate, and I've very satisfied with my purchase. 👍

To me, Forza 3 just does everything right that GT5 messed up on and then some. It's much more fun. Better single player, better AI, and so on. I can keep going. I'll still play GT5 from time to time, but Forza 3 is going to be played much more often. The only thing I need for Forza 3 is a Fanatec wheel, and everything will be perfect. Looking forward to Forza 4 as well. :D

If you want a racing game with soul avoid both GT5 and Forza 3 and get TDU 2 instead. It's by no means perfect and until the patch next week you risk losing your gamesave every time you boot the game, but just like TDU1 this game has soul.
If you want a car sim you need GT5 and or Forza 3, but if you ask me : TDU2 is the better game. It has a cheesy story and you actually have a reason to win races and drive around apart from just driving a car. You can enjoy landscape and weather and roam freely on thousands of km of roads. Buy houses, deliver cars, pick up hitchhikers and get a new haircut.
So wait another week and get TDU2, some say the handling sucks because it is neither a good sim nor a good arcade racer. I say it is just fine, you'll adapt quickly and have a fun but challenging experience. Of course you have to realize that the emphasis is not so much on cars here, it's about the overall experience. So don't expect hundrets of cars or car setups with adjusting dampers here and changing camber, toe and what not there.

tfujiwara
I'm the exact oppsite. FM3 soulless music got me really bored. I have Both though and I'm happy. Never went back to FM3 since GT5 came out, FM3 Got boring quick for me.

Try rockband mate.

As for TDU2 is it a racing game. I thought it was the sims on holiday.

Finished the first season there and with the AI difficulty set to 'hard' I had more of a challenge in my first handful of races than I had in all of GT5's A-spec, right up to doing the 3rd endurance.

Also - I noticed I had loads of new cars compared to when I last had Forza 3 (2009). Some of them are fantastic. The Shelby Ultimate Aero looks immense...

EDIT: Skubaben - I like the music in GT5. What I mean by soulless is rubbish AI, mundane menus, no challenge. It's just a time trial game with ambitions way above it's station.

I know that, as a driving simulation, GT5 is outstanding, but that's all it has...

There is no damage model. Well a handful of cars can be wrecked visually but that's it.
AI is piss-poor.
The exponential XP system is massively flawed.
The in-game economy is nonsense.
The only genuine challenge is the Vettel challenge, which is just astronomically difficult.
Licenses are meaningless.
There are less than a quarter of the A-spec races in comparison to GT4 (127 instead of 522) and most of them are hilariously/embarrassingly short. In the German Touring Car 'Championship' for example (a couple of single, very brief races) we got ONE LAP of Nurburgring!
A vast majority [around three quarters] of the cars are ported from GT4, and look awful, with no cockpit view. PD are actually so embarrassed by the quality of these models that when you get close with a camera we are told to 'move further away' (so we can't get a close look at just how awful they are).
B-spec is hopeless, yet twice as long.
Tsukuba endurances.
Countless Skylines and MX-5s.

I could go on and on but you all know the main gripes with a LOT of GT5 players. When I was buying my XBOX today at GAME they told me that GT5 is, far and away, the most returned game of the past 3 months. And it's always the same reasons people are returning it (see my list above).

Forza 3 isn't as graphically astute as GT5, but it's an all-round much better gaming experience.

The AI are aggressive and believable.
The in-game economy works.
A much better selection of tracks.
Full customisation of ALL cars.
Of which there are, yes, about half of GT5's roster. But they are ALL fully-modeled (including cockpit view).
More variety in the car list, including only a small number of Skylines and very few MX-5s.
Actually, an incredible customisation section; some of the work on Youtube is astonishing.
Porsche.
An online mode that makes sense.
Online Leaderboards.
No B-Spec \o/
No 24hr endurances \o/

And I could go on there too.

I wonder how long it will take for you to change your mind, that is if you ever do. I can see you have started a list of reasons why you don't like GT5 and why you like Forza 3 to convince yourself you made the right choice. You might have for your gaming needs but I see you like the Nurburgring and you might not be happy with Forza's rendition of the track compared to GT5.

The first Gran Turismo game I played was GT3 - I was a big fan and put many hours into it. Then came GT4 and again I was pleased and was happy putting the time in.

I don't own my own PS3, but my brother does and naturally he decided to get GT5 after our experiences on the previous games. There's just something not right about it though. It didn't grab either of us the way the other games in the series did and I only played it a handful of times. He played it a bit more than me but it's now towards the bottom of his game pile and I doubt it'll be getting picked out many more times.

I noticed today you can now pick up an Xbox 360 250Gb slim for £159. I'm gonna get that along with Forza 3 and from the general reactions from both sides, I think I'm doing the right thing.

I wonder how long it will take for you to change your mind, that is if you ever do. I can see you have started a list of reasons why you don't like GT5 and why you like Forza 3 to convince yourself you made the right choice. You might have for your gaming needs but I see you like the Nurburgring and you might not be happy with Forza's rendition of the track compared to GT5.

I understand and see your point. I do admit that GT5 is better graphically and 'simulation-wise' than Forza 3. But I completed Forza 3 (well, to about 98%) last year. Then I sold my XBOX and bought a PS3 in readiness for GT5. I was convinced, after all those years in development and hype, that GT5 would blow me away. But it was just a dull, same old same old game with all the problems of previous GTs. But because it was on PS3, and with all that development time, those problems were exacerbated.
Perhaps I'm guilty of building it up in my mind so it could only fail and let me down. But the list I made is not 'my opinion' of the game; it's facts. Gran Turismo 5 is a very poorly made game, it's as though the producers took their eye off the ball, spent so much time on a handful of gorgeously rendered vehicles that they missed out on their big chance to make a game that was truly amazing.

I understand and see your point. I do admit that GT5 is better graphically and 'simulation-wise' than Forza 3. But I completed Forza 3 (well, to about 98%) last year. Then I sold my XBOX and bought a PS3 in readiness for GT5. I was convinced, after all those years in development and hype, that GT5 would blow me away. But it was just a dull, same old same old game with all the problems of previous GTs. But because it was on PS3, and with all that development time, those problems were exacerbated.
Perhaps I'm guilty of building it up in my mind so it could only fail and let me down. But the list I made is not 'my opinion' of the game; it's facts. Gran Turismo 5 is a very poorly made game, it's as though the producers took their eye off the ball, spent so much time on a handful of gorgeously rendered vehicles that they missed out on their big chance to make a game that was truly amazing.

I don't agree that the list you made is a list of facts, quite a lot of it is your opinion. I thought you switched to Forza 3 recently hence my comment but if you already played Forza 3 and went back to it then you are most likely staying put. Forza 4 at least is on horizon for you.

GT5 will constantly evolve with time and for me the game I'm looking forward to most is rFactor 2, that is if you can call it a game. Shift 2 and Dirt 3 look to be great fun. One person above mentioned TDU2, I only got to play it shortly but in the time I did play, it gave me the feeling that it is the worst car game I've ever played. The handling for an arcade game is very shocking and even if it was a mobile phone game, I might have still complained.

*cough*Rally*cough*

*cough*car*cough*sounds

Good for you Rikki. I don't blame anyone one bit for getting rid of GT5 and their PS3 for Forza 3. I still kept my PS3 and GT5, but I recently got a 4GB 360 and Forza 3 Ultimate, and I've very satisfied with my purchase. 👍

To me, Forza 3 just does everything right that GT5 messed up on and then some. It's much more fun. Better single player, better AI, and so on. I can keep going. I'll still play GT5 from time to time, but Forza 3 is going to be played much more often. The only thing I need for Forza 3 is a Fanatec wheel, and everything will be perfect. Looking forward to Forza 4 as well. :D
A 4GB? Your missing out on the game. Alot.

I am contemplating doing the same for a couple of reasons. The first is that I am bored with GT5. I love cars and I love racing, but sadly GT5 does not do racing well. I was hoping the latest patch would add qualifying and improve the AI but it didn't so I have switched back to F1 2010 in preparation for the new season.

The second is that there are a lot of good games coming out this year for both PS3 and Xbox, except of course for FM4. If I buy NASCAR The Game, F1 2011 and WRC 2011 for PS3 then I will miss out of FM4. Considering GT6 isn't likely to come out for years (and years and years...), it doesn't make any sense to keep the PS3 in anticipation. I've already made that mistake once...

So rather than miss out on what could be one of the best racing games ever, I think I will sell the PS3 and pick up an Xbox 360.

I don't agree that the list you made is a list of facts, quite a lot of it is your opinion.

There is no damage model. Well a handful of cars can be wrecked visually but that's it. This is fact.
AI is piss-poor. This is fact.
The exponential XP system is massively flawed. This is oh so much fact.
The in-game economy is nonsense. Some cars are 20 million. You have to grind and grind and grind the same race over and over to get enough money to buy the cars you want.
The only genuine challenge is the Vettel challenge, which is just astronomically difficult. Ok, maybe the longer endurances are a challenge. To stay awake.
Licenses are meaningless. This is fact.
There are less than a quarter of the A-spec races in comparison to GT4 (127 instead of 522) and most of them are hilariously/embarrassingly short. In the German Touring Car 'Championship' for example (a couple of single, very brief races) we got ONE LAP of Nurburgring! This is fact.
A vast majority [around three quarters] of the cars are ported from GT4, and look awful, with no cockpit view. PD are actually so embarrassed by the quality of these models that when you get close with a camera we are told to 'move further away' (so we can't get a close look at just how awful they are). This is fact.
B-spec is hopeless, yet twice as long. This is fact.
Tsukuba endurances. This is fact.
Countless Skylines and MX-5s. This is fact.

I wasn't just listing my own main gripes, I was listing the problems that have been discussed to death on the forums.

I just don't get the hostility toward Forza. It's a great game.

Just lacks GT5's physics and online. I'd add you Rikki, but my Xbox was sold (technically wasn't mine, so I couldn't do much about it). I still have my Hard Drive and save data though, so maybe in the future.

I'm surprised that you like Forza's online more. I find public games terrible. Not because of players or anything, but because of the set up. Short, random track races with only handful of car classes and damage disabled (save for a specific race mode). The racing itself is fun though. I imagine that a private Forza game would be 20 times better. The sheer number of racing options available is staggering. PD would do well to copy them and put them in public and private races. You could potentially even fix Forza's overly sticky tires by reducing grip.

^ I've been a GT fan my entire life and have only played Forza 3 for a bout 15 minutes and I have to say first impressions were much better than GT5. The whole game just seems more polished, the car selection is excellent and while not quite as fine tuned as GT5, the physics felt great.

I took a Porsche GT3 and an Aston Martin DB9 for a drive back to back and the different handling characteristics of the Front/Rear engine mounting positions were instantly recogniseable. Most cars handled how I would expect them to handle in real life and some things like tyre noise are done better than in Gran Turismo.

With FM4, it is likely that the graphics will come close to GT5 and T10 will no doubt refine the physics model even further. Add the tuning and customization capabilities from FM3 and some descent race events and you have, in my eyes, a better game than GT5.

In my opinion, FM3 is the better game.
The physics from Forza are just better. They are. And they are all premium cars. And... I could go on for hours. GT5 is about cars; FM3 is about you.

When Micro$oft makes a decent wheel for the Forza games, I'll buy a 360 AND keep my PS3 for both games. I don't mind playing other racing games, but I've played GT since GT1 and am not going to give up on them now.

Why have one or the other when you can have both?

A bit of a long one coming up. Prepare yourselves. This is not intended as a rant, just a few (okay, many) points for discussion. Hopefully it sparks some discussion, but deconstructing someone's post point by point isn't fun for either side, especially when it goes on for multiple posts. Rikki, I hope you don't see fit to separate my response into each individual issue if you respond, but feel free if you would like. I'm just after some discussion here. Anyway, on to the first point:

I know that, as a driving simulation, GT5 is outstanding, but that's all it has...

There is no damage model. Well a handful of cars can be wrecked visually but that's it.
I've heard Forza's damage model described as looking "like it had been waxed using a power sander rather than smashed up." I'll agree GT's no demolition derby but visually, Forza isn't great either.
AI is piss-poor.
Meh. It's aggressive, makes realistic mistakes sometimes, and can avoid some obstacles pretty well. Yes, there are some major flaws but once again Forza has some of the same problems. Stopping in the middle of the track results in disaster no matter which game you're playing.
The exponential XP system is massively flawed.
Maybe, but the only reason to worry about the system is to level up to unlock some of the really high end cars. Considering how easily some of these cars can be obtained anyway, I don't think it's that big a problem.
The in-game economy is nonsense.
It's in progress. With the new ability to share cars it's clear they're trying to improve the system. It would be nice if they somehow stopped duping and people lying about trades, but I have a feeling it will all come with time. Too bad you'll never experience those new features.[/quote]
The only genuine challenge is the Vettel challenge, which is just astronomically difficult.[/quote]
This is my biggest gripe with your post. The game is as challenging as you make it. If you choose to use an X1 for the Sunday Cup, or even race tires when everyone else is on comforts, it's your loss. I personally enjoy racing a stock '73 Skyline in the Japanese Classic race, not a fully tuned Dome Zero. It can be quite a challenge and very interesting, if you so choose.
Licenses are meaningless.
If you want. The whole game is meaningless if you have no sense of accomplishment for winning a difficult race or beating your personal best laptime.
There are less than a quarter of the A-spec races in comparison to GT4 (127 instead of 522) and most of them are hilariously/embarrassingly short. In the German Touring Car 'Championship' for example (a couple of single, very brief races) we got ONE LAP of Nurburgring!
I agree. The races are definitely too short. In some cases it is difficult to get to the front of the pack in a given race, but incredibly easy to stay ahead once there. With a little finagling with car choice, it is possible to get a decently challenging race with an actual fight to the end, but I do wish there was more time for a decent battle. Still, from what I recall, many of Forza's races are equally short. (I may be wrong)
A vast majority [around three quarters] of the cars are ported from GT4, and look awful, with no cockpit view. PD are actually so embarrassed by the quality of these models that when you get close with a camera we are told to 'move further away' (so we can't get a close look at just how awful they are).
I'd rather be able to drive a completely hideously textured Plymout Superbird or Lotus Elan than not have the option at all. I honestly don't think they could have spent the time they took porting them on modeling new cars anyway. They really didn't change anything on the models, they just had to figure out a way to use the data in the new game. To think that took long enough to model even one Premium car seems foolish to me. Fortunately, PD at least got the basic appearance of each car right back in GT4. There are cars with wrong proportions in Forza 1 that still look the same in Forza 3.
B-spec is hopeless, yet twice as long.
You don't have to use it. Please note: Forza doesn't have B-Spec at all. Also, weren't you just saying you wish races were longer? I don't think a B-Spec race as short as the A-Spec events would have the time to be anywhere near interesting.
Tsukuba endurances.
Not sure what you mean here. I haven't gotten that far. However, if you are implying there are too many endurances at Tsukuba, remember you are not obligated to do them. They are not the only option if you want an endurance race. The Nurburgring and Le Mans, featuring day/night cycles and weather, will certainly tide me over when I get there (though I do with the track looked more realistic when wet).
Countless Skylines and MX-5s.
I believe someone else did the math on this before. Essentially, even though there are a higher ratio of these Japanese cars to other cars than Forza, it still has more unique cars overall than Forza has. Not to mention, I really enjoy those slow classics like Fiat 500, Triumph Spitfire, Nissan Skyline '62, Corvette C1, etc. Where are these cars in Forza? Replaced by 27 Porsches?

I could go on and on but you all know the main gripes with a LOT of GT5 players.
So because a lot of people have a problem with it, it's more reason for you to have a problem with it? Or it is automatically more of a problem?
When I was buying my XBOX today at GAME they told me that GT5 is, far and away, the most returned game of the past 3 months. And it's always the same reasons people are returning it (see my list above).
Perhaps Forza 3 had a lot of returns when it came out. As I said, the game is what you make of it. GT5 has problems that do affect gameplay, but PD are slowly but surely fixing them. I still remember the complaints about the misaligned liveries in Forza 2, and how I got fed up with them back then. When they didn't get patched in Forza 2 I figured they would redo the system to make it work in Forza 3. Did they? Nope. You may think of similar things happening in the Gran Turismo series, things that hadn't been fixed for multiple games. Keep in mind though, that GT5 is the first GT game which is easily patchable, and that the connection between PD and the fans is growing stronger everyday with Twitter and other forms of communication, including this site. So far, I have already seen a ton of game-breaking problems and really annyoing grievances fixed since the game's arrival. Restart confirmation, anyone?

Forza 3 isn't as graphically astute as GT5, but it's an all-round much better gaming experience.
I can actually sort of see this, but it's not enough for me. Forza 3's career mode is definitely inspired and very interesting, and the customization is indeed very in depth, but the racing experience falls flat for me. I can't really find any other features of Forza which impress me enough to play it often, and I just can't get past the fact that every car in Forza behaves more or less the same, just with different performance figures. Maybe it's the fact that I don't have a wheel for Forza, just a controller, but I don't feel it's worth buying an inferior wheel for a game which interests me far less that GT5 does. Just my opinion. Anyway, on to specifics:

The AI are aggressive and believable.
Like I said, no more than GT's AI. They're just as likely to punt or spin you, and make just as many mistakes. They are however much "better" in terms of speed. GT's AI needs to learn how to brake for a corner, instead of braking "anywhere where a corner is nearby or in any way visible."
The in-game economy works.
Yes it does, quite well I'd say too. However, I could swear I remember a few times where glitches allowed certain people to gain advantages within the online system. Otherwise, it is a very good system and I hope PD can learn from it.
A much better selection of tracks.
in your opinion. Personally, I'm happy to be able to drive in the rain, or on dirt, if I so choose. The option to generate my own courses is nice too.
Full customisation of ALL cars.
It will certainly take a while for PD to achieve this, if it even is one of their goals, but this is definitely a high point of Forza. It just isn't enough to convince me to play it though.
Of which there are, yes, about half of GT5's roster. But they are ALL fully-modeled (including cockpit view).
Cockpit view is too distracting for me, though I can see how it could be a selling point for some. Like I said, though, Forza's models are detailed but not perfect. Everything PD has modeled has been entirely accurate, if not quite as detailed as Forza. GT5's cars that are modeled in full detail far surpass anything in Forza however, though I admit staggering detail is not always necessary. (Accuracy is, however, as far as I'm concerned)
More variety in the car list, including only a small number of Skylines and very few MX-5s.
Again, very few low end cars, and almost entirely supercars. At least PD have included pretty much the whole history of Skylines, rather than just a few choice Corvettes and Celicas.
Actually, an incredible customisation section; some of the work on Youtube is astonishing.
Agreed, but only inhibited by the misaligned layer glitches that have been present since at least Forza 2 (which I believe may in part be the fault of the outsourced models with incorrect symmetry data. It's just a hunch though)
Please. Discussed to death. If PD could get their hands on Porsche, it would have Porsche. Either Porsche didn't want to be featured in GT, or PD didn't want to spend a fortune convincing them. While you may feel Porsche is an absolutely necessary brand, I feel classic Japanese cars are absolute necessity. And Forza has a distinctly small number of these. It depends on your interests.
An online mode that makes sense.
GT5 is constantly improving. I had a ton of fun quite a few days in a row just opening my own room and setting it to low HP cars. I'm not sure how much Forza's online has changed since I last played, but the only thing I really wish I could transfer over is Cat and Mouse.
Online Leaderboards.
Yeah yeah. Hopefully coming. I don't really care, but I know a lot of people are really waiting for this.
No B-Spec \o/
You don't have to use it if you don't want. It's not a hindrance.
No 24hr endurances \o/
See above.

And I could go on there too.
Please do, If you want.

I'm not entirely sure what kind of point you're trying to make by posting this thread, but if it's to try and convince people GT5 isn't worth playing anymore, you're wasting your time. The games appeal to different markets with different racing interests, and the fact that you find Forza more in line with your ideal gaming/racing experience is no revelation. I sincerely hope you enjoy the game, and probably Forza 4 once it comes out, but I'll stick with GT5, thanks. :)

^ A pretty long and pointless thread. In summary, Forza has excellent customization, leaderboards, Porsche, good online, heaps of supercars, good AI and a good in-game economy and yet you dismissed each one of these points as insignificant details?

I would say all of those things are crucial, and GT5 fails to deliver on any of them...

^ A pretty long and pointless thread. In summary, Forza has excellent customization, leaderboards, Porsche, good online, heaps of supercars, good AI and a good in-game economy and yet you dismissed each one of these points as insignificant details?

I would say all of those things are crucial, and GT5 fails to deliver on any of them...
Not as crucial to me, not done perfectly well, not as important as actual racing experience, and not necessarily out of the question for GT5. It's certainly not enough reason for me to sell my console.

I've heard Forza's damage model described as looking "like it had been waxed using a power sander rather than smashed up." I'll agree GT's no demolition derby but visually, Forza isn't great either.

Cars rollover and remained rolled over until you flip them over, they don't automatically reset themselves to an upright position. There's mechanical damage that exceeds that which GT employs, although admittedly GT has better visual interpretation of mechanical damage. At the end of the day I would say both lose to Shift's implementation of damage.

End of that story. :P

Meh. It's aggressive, makes realistic mistakes sometimes, and can avoid some obstacles pretty well. Yes, there are some major flaws but once again Forza has some of the same problems. Stopping in the middle of the track results in disaster no matter which game you're playing.
Except Forza's AI has personality. Equally retarded, yes, but with personality at least. They'll ram you and cheat to high hell (Rossi) because it's their M.O.

Maybe, but the only reason to worry about the system is to level up to unlock some of the really high end cars. Considering how easily some of these cars can be obtained anyway, I don't think it's that big a problem.
It's still incredibly inefficient regardless of how you want to look at it. Forza does it right, Shift does it right, so why does GT have to be the sore thumb? Last I checked one doesn't "lose" experience gained when succeeding to a new level. Why does it have to reset to 0 every time you advance? That's making the game longer than it really is.

It's in progress. With the new ability to share cars it's clear they're trying to improve the system. It would be nice if they somehow stopped duping and people lying about trades, but I have a feeling it will all come with time. Too bad you'll never experience those new features.
[/QUOTE]

And what do the new features have to do with the almost draconian game economy? The prize cars, the credits and XP earned diminish the worth of even winning the events. In fact, the only reason you'd even want to complete the series races (which in comparison to GT3 and GT4 are laughable) is to advance up the ranks in hopes you'll get more from it. Unfortunately, that just never happens.

The whole game is meaningless if you have no sense of accomplishment for winning a difficult race or beating your personal best laptime.
That doesn't change the fact that the license tests are useless, does it? What do you need the licenses for in GT5? Especially when you consider the Seasonal Events from December up until last month; do one of the races and you were instantly (instantly) Lv. 15. I think it was 15, please, correct me if that's wrong.

Still, from what I recall, many of Forza's races are equally short. (I may be wrong)
The beginner events were relatively, well, extremely short (and easy) but once you advanced to the higher level races they became progressively longer.

I'd rather be able to drive a completely hideously textured Plymout Superbird or Lotus Elan than not have the option at all. I honestly don't think they could have spent the time they took porting them on modeling new cars anyway. They really didn't change anything on the models, they just had to figure out a way to use the data in the new game. To think that took long enough to model even one Premium car seems foolish to me. Fortunately, PD at least got the basic appearance of each car right back in GT4. There are cars with wrong proportions in Forza 1 that still look the same in Forza 3.
Don't I know it! The Enzo comes to mind, instantly. :grumpy:

You don't have to use it. Please note: Forza doesn't have B-Spec at all. Also, weren't you just saying you wish races were longer? I don't think a B-Spec race as short as the A-Spec events would have the time to be anywhere near interesting.
They're nowhere near interesting now. You know how often I've sat in front of my TV telling my B-tard to overtake and yet he ducks behind the upcoming vehicle because it's afraid to overtake on the outside for whatever reason? Drivatar is a much better implementation of have the AI drive for you should you chose. Hell, the hire driver option in FM3 is a much better alternative to GT5's B-Spec.

I believe someone else did the math on this before. Essentially, even though there are a higher ratio of these Japanese cars to other cars than Forza, it still has more unique cars overall than Forza has.
I'm not too sure about that but then again I've never tallied the two up side-by-side under that factor.

Not to mention, I really enjoy those slow classics like Fiat 500, Triumph Spitfire, Nissan Skyline '62, Corvette C1, etc. Where are these cars in Forza? Replaced by 27 Porsches?
There's a C1 in FM3. No Spitfire, but there is a '62 Skyline (I think) and there's a 500...I just don't remember which generation. Alternatively, I can ask you this: where's the 131 Abarth, AMC Javelin, M1 (I honestly can't remember if any GT had the M1 or not), El-Camino, '79 Z28, etc in GT5?

So because a lot of people have a problem with it, it's more reason for you to have a problem with it? Or it is automatically more of a problem?
Perhaps Forza 3 had a lot of returns when it came out. As I said, the game is what you make of it. GT5 has problems that do affect gameplay, but PD are slowly but surely fixing them. I still remember the complaints about the misaligned liveries in Forza 2, and how I got fed up with them back then. When they didn't get patched in Forza 2 I figured they would redo the system to make it work in Forza 3. Did they? Nope. You may think of similar things happening in the Gran Turismo series, things that hadn't been fixed for multiple games. Keep in mind though, that GT5 is the first GT game which is easily patchable, and that the connection between PD and the fans is growing stronger everyday with Twitter and other forms of communication, including this site. So far, I have already seen a ton of game-breaking problems and really annyoing grievances fixed since the game's arrival. Restart confirmation, anyone?
File this one under annoying grievances: What about a V8 being present in the R8 5.2? Yes, that annoys me.

Did they fix the problem with the NSX?

Like I said, no more than GT's AI. They're just as likely to punt or spin you, and make just as many mistakes. They are however much "better" in terms of speed. GT's AI needs to learn how to brake for a corner, instead of braking "anywhere where a corner is nearby or in any way visible."
See my response about the AI in FM having personality traits.

Now is the Ai retarded at times despite the apparent personalities? Hell yes they are, you won't get any kind of argument out of me regarding that. Not one.

It will certainly take a while for PD to achieve this, if it even is one of their goals, but this is definitely a high point of Forza. It just isn't enough to convince me to play it though.
Cockpit view is too distracting for me, though I can see how it could be a selling point for some. Like I said, though, Forza's models are detailed but not perfect. Everything PD has modeled has been entirely accurate, if not quite as detailed as Forza. GT5's cars that are modeled in full detail far surpass anything in Forza however, though I admit staggering detail is not always necessary. (Accuracy is, however, as far as I'm concerned)
See my remark about the R8 5.2 It's honestly the only thing that keeps springing to mind because it annoys me too much. :lol:

Again, very few low end cars, and almost entirely supercars. At least PD have included pretty much the whole history of Skylines, rather than just a few choice Corvettes and Celicas.
There are plenty of lower end cars. Plenty.

Not as many as GT, no, but there's still quite the selection.

Please. Discussed to death. If PD could get their hands on Porsche, it would have Porsche. Either Porsche didn't want to be featured in GT, or PD didn't want to spend a fortune convincing them.
It might have a lot more to do with EA.

While you may feel Porsche is an absolutely necessary brand, I feel classic Japanese cars are absolute necessity. And Forza has a distinctly small number of these. It depends on your interests.
Can't argue with that, so, I....won't.

RikkiGT-R

No you didn't!

I'd love to own both of these games. When I had a lend of FM3 I could only do the Speedway races due to breaking my thumb (left hand lol). That sort of left a sour taste, I knew there was a lot of events to go with pretty much no rewards worth shouting about. Im nearly sure you win a car at a low level that can just about win the game. Dont hold my word to that its been over a year since I touched it.

I wish I was paid more in this job, I'd love to get my car on the road and I'd love to get an Xbox, I have too many good friends and games etc on the PS3 so selling ti right now isnt an option :)

Afraid i'm in this boat as well. Maybe because this is my first GT game and I've been playing forza for so long but I just wasn't feeling it..looks good but no play good IMO. I really did want to like it.

Oh and anyone interested in buying my GT5 Racing pack console? :) see sig

Rikki, I hope you don't see fit to separate my response into each individual issue if you respond, but feel free if you would like.

No need really, because this was my thoughts when reading:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back