I just use my hose...

  • Thread starter Thread starter exigeracer
  • 29 comments
  • 1,635 views
Messages
5,987
but this guy uses thousands of dollars worth of waxes and soaps to clean his cars!

Here's him showing his stuff on a Maser MC12...

Zymol
 
As he said in the video (I'm sure I've seen it; Lambos in the background, correct?), he is hired many times by Lamborghini to clean their cars or special customer's cars.
 
I didnt watch the video but I have heard of detailers that clean rich guys cars by only using bottled water. No joke. :scared: I guess it prevents water spots. :dunce:
 
I'd do that with my $1,000 car if I could afford the time and money....

stop looking at me like I have a problem....
 
*McLaren*
As he said in the video (I'm sure I've seen it; Lambos in the background, correct?), he is hired many times by Lamborghini to clean their cars or special customer's cars.

Yeah, it's the clip you're thinking of (from Fifth Gear).
 
Thats nuts! I had no idea all that cost and effort could go into cleaning a car. Whatever happened to the simple wash, rinse and wax?! :scared:
 
There is a guy in LA that is featured in various car magazines and also a LifeStyles of the Rich and Famous Episode of Arnold, and he does all of the Terminiators cars and fleet of Hummers, over $100'000 a year from just one ultra rich client...
 
Meh I'm close to that. I rinse, soap, rinse dry. Clean rims. Clean windows. Degrease engine. Wax, zymol wax. Park, cover.
 
I get into the mood sometimes and spend an hour or so cleaning my car, but nowhere near that.
 
My car is always a mess. Mechanically, it's perfect. Visually, it's junk. Fact is, I can't see what it looks like when I'm driving it.
 
lol nice, how do you get into a job like that o.O i usually spend hour or two cleaning my car, tho i am very detailed lol it has to be spotless D:
 
I just drive around in the rain. "Wax", "bottled water", "chamois", and "soap" are for rich people.
 
I just use my hoes.
 
In Australia. We're not even allowed to wash our own cars. We have to go to a place that recycles water. I haven't washed my car in about 5 months...
 
In Australia. We're not even allowed to wash our own cars. We have to go to a place that recycles water. I haven't washed my car in about 5 months...

Oh, that's definately a point off for me moving to Australia. I love washing and detailing my cars. What about NZ? That's still on my list. :sly:
 
In Australia. We're not even allowed to wash our own cars. We have to go to a place that recycles water. I haven't washed my car in about 5 months...

But those rules are only imposed on us Melbournians right? -other states (especially the one with the desalinization plant) are far less restricted.
We use tank water, but unfortunately our horses tipped a lever and now we've lost almost two tanks full. Regardless, certain cars deserve to be washed with proper water...
 
My car gets put through the cheapest program at the car-wash once every six months whether it needs it or not.
 
The car wash ban is only temporary, because of the drought. but In SA we can wash our cars on the lawn.

Hasn't stopped me washing my car at home.
 
I keep my hose running 24/7, just to make sure the inside doesn't ever get dirty. Even a little blast of dirt will scratch my finish.
 
Maserati MC12? Bugatti Veyron? They've got nothing on this one... The same detailing treatment from the same team on... A brand new...

Vauxhall Astra VXR!!!1!1ein

(language advisory after post #1; risk of jaw hitting desk during post #1)

And yes, you read that right. Zymol Royale costs £7,500 for a pot (though with free refills for life, it's quite the investment for professional detailers) and this bloke spent £1,400 washing a brand new car.
 
Well it certainly looks clean...

But I think I agree with everyone there... an Astra!?
 
Yeah, it's pretty silly.

He spent, what, a quarter of what he paid for it to have it cleaned?
He'd be pretty ticked off if it started raining soon after.
 
I put my car through a car wash once and it bent the wipers double. Never again!!!
Bucket of water and sponge I say.

nige
 
If I had one, I'd rather spend my time DRIVING my MC12 than cleaning it!
 
If you're showing the car somewhere, might as well get that sparkle down to a mirror.
 
the ones that can afford such a thing are show offs that cant drive anyway lol best kept a trailer queen rather than wrapped around a lamppost :p
 


Vauxhall Astra VXR!!!1!1ein

(language advisory after post #1; risk of jaw hitting desk during post #1)

Damn you!! :waves fist angrily: I saw this thread and I was just about to post that link:grumpy:

I think the guy put some scratches on his car when he first jet washed it which show up at the garage.
 
Back